What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Merry Christmas !:cool:

Judas Swing video song title anyone??

First of the Year (Equinox) by Skrillex

We need to do the same like the videoā€¦ Thanks for sharing

Was hoping all the videos were up oh wellā€¦

i think all were hoping for that, but plenty days till february to let it sink-in the right way // not to overdose :-)//

Iā€™m sure ICT has touched many of our lives in one way or another and before I mention my trading goals for 2012, I would like to share how Michaelā€™s generosity has influenced not only my life, but that of my father too.

My dad (retired builder of 78) lives in Africa and lost his partner of 38 years to cancer last year. Since she died, he seemed lost and had no motivation for anything else. He is also alone as I live in the UK, my sister in Auz. His answer to all questions seemed negative. ā€œWould you please join me in UK ā€“ NO itā€™s too coldā€, ā€œWhat are you busy with ā€“ Nothingā€, etc.

During a visit to him this year, I showed him a PTC video I was studying. He diligently watched it and said that looked interesting, nothing else. Although he had never seen a fx chart before,that night he could not sleep as he was ā€œanalyzing chartsā€. The next morning he woke me up and had the excitement of a child on Christmas Eve, telling me about this and started asking who ICT is and how much he charged for his mentoring. When I told him you ask no money, what you do ask for is a willingness & commitment to learn. ICT would like us to be successful ourselves. Also that we should share knowledge gained unselfishly with others as you have shared with us. Dad simply smiled, so I gave it another shot and asked him whether we would like to join me on this fx journey and share our home in the UK.

Result:
The oā€™l boy got himself a laptop and is learning what a computer is and can do. He will also join me here at home later next year and together we will embark on this trading journey. He is so positive about life again and sees the whole new move as an exciting new chapter in his life.

From the bottom of my heart Michael, I thank you for this.

Trading goals for 2012:
ā€¢ Net gain of 75 pips per week consistently ā€“ if I achieve that, the money will come.
ā€¢ Good money management - if I achieve that, the money will come too.
ā€¢ To contribute regularly to our forum ā€“ that way even if Iā€™m wrong, we can all learn from it
ā€¢ To understand the market and refer to myself as a professional trader by 30 November 2012 ā€“ thus not being part of ā€œdumb moneyā€ anymore (does not mean Iā€™ll always be right, just not consistently wrong).

Guys & Girls may we all have a blinding journey 2012!!

Hello all,

Has anyone downloaded the Tradesheet yet(ie the 9th gift)? i downloaded it but when i open the excel file it seems to be empty with no data.Is anyone facing the same problem its just me?

Any help appreciated.

well, you suppose to put the data in, its essentially a blank trade sheetā€¦ and before you ask, yes it is password protected and we gonna get the pass soonā€¦

Password Protectionā€¦what password protectionā€¦:wink:

If you are trying to open the Equity Management Model.xlr file you will have to rename the file to Equity Management Model.xls so you can open itā€¦

Not sure if this was a mistake or was done on purposeā€¦:wink:

I downloaded E Management file with torrent and its fine to open and use, nice with Ict logo on, I use Bit lords to download torrent files it work great and its free, maybe more easy to just change prefix.

itā€™s a Microsoft Works format but Excel will open it. pirate bay dot org is good for torrents too.

To simplify the Excel I changed the formulas in columns D and E and deleted columns L and M which were hidden columns. And extended it out another year and changed the starting balance just to personalize it for my trading.

Iā€™ll hit the million mark at week 52.

My goal for 2012 is to have the discipline to get up and trade London open.

Long term goal is to have a trade size big enough to run into liquidity problems. :smiley:

Hello ICT,

I have promised myself to not post anything untill I would have read the whole thread and watched all the videos. It took me about 2 months to do so and here am I today. I just finished reading the last postsā€¦
I honestly do not even remember how I found this thread but I am convinced that this must be a gift send from GOD as I have found everything I have asked for! So first of all, I would like to Thank you Micheal very, very much for what you have sharred here, I also thank you for your ptatience, your kindness, your courage and thank you for believing in usā€¦!

I have been introduced to currency trading in 2008. At that time I didnā€™t know anything about trading so the ā€œwanna beā€ broker who I traded with told me that they were holding trading webinars to teach newbies how to tradeā€¦ Well, now you can probably guess what the rest of the story is, lol!

After this bad experience I decided to stop live trading and to learn how the market was workiing. In the beginning, I did not really know where to start so I tested different things, I red a lot of threads and I ended up by just looking at the charts for many hours, everyday. I then learned how to trade supply and demand. This was my first big Aha momentā€¦

After that, I had lots of other ā€œAhaā€ moments while reading this thread and by watching your videos. With supply and demand , one can ā€œseeā€ where big orders are placed but with your material, one can [U]understand[/U] why it is placed there and why it will go a way or another. I have learned so much during the last 2 months, this is incredible.

I also would like to thank all the members here for postig their comments and their charts as it has helped me understand the topics a lot.

For 2012, I am planning to implement all the material to my trading. The focus for me will be on Money Management . So if you allow me to participate here , I would be more then honored.

Again, thank you so much! God bless you and your familly!
Sorry for my englishā€¦

PS: I know this is a manā€™s world but ā€¦ I am a woman :wink:
Mel

Great stuff so farā€¦ really liking the equity mgmt. module

I even added an extra column ā€œ3 x Monthā€. Thatā€™s a special reservation for catching London Express moves. Iā€™m talkin those explosive LO moves that print a highly daily range, usually >150, and are just insanely profitable if you catch them.

ā€¦ and you all should know how to catch them by now :slight_smile:

Welcome Mel, Good on you for reading the thread and watching all the videos, Far too many guys jump on board this thread wanting to get in on the action and they all do themselves a disservice. There are some decent woman traders around here that can hold their own and would smoke many guys around here.

Good luck to you;)

Double post :54:

I have kind of wondered about this; at what point would it become tough to place a single order?

According to the relevant thread on this topic, between 200 and 300 million units. So, divide that by your leverage and youā€™ll have your answer.

Example: I have 10:1 leverage, Iā€™d probably start running into liquidity problems when placing an order for 300 million units with 30 million on hand.

Do I have that right?

so thatā€™s what? three thousand lots? Thereā€™s no point in dreaming small is there?