What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Happy New Year everyone! :slight_smile:

My first goal for January 2012 is a simple yet difficult goal for me. Itā€™s to be awake through LO to NYO. I live in North America and have a full time job so I usually have a hard time being awake during LO. LO is 1am to 3am local time. Through the month of January Iā€™ll be changing my sleep schedule so Iā€™m awake during all of LO to NYO until I have to goto work. By Feburary I should develop a habit of getting up by then and also gain at least 100+ hours of live LO/NYO chart time.

This is basically going to be like working a night shift and my normal job. Itā€™s part of the sacrifice that I personally have to make to achieve my goals. No one is going hand me a million dollars for doing nothing.

I want to wish everyone a safe and profitable 2012! :57:

Hey PIPhanger,

I got the same problem on my end. Everybody that I speak to about trading do not understand the power of the beast!!!

I do not really speak about 'it. People think it is just like buying stock. They all try to say that you should place your money in RRSP fund and let 'it growā€¦

Well when I am challenge in these type of situation, this is my response to these people.

Do you put all your eggs in the same basket?
What is the distribution of your asset portfolio?
What is your risk level?
How well manage is your portfolio?
What is your annual performance of the high risk portion of your portfolio?

And so onā€¦

So guess what, they end up running away.

And if they are still around keep and challenging me. I ask them what is the background of their financial guru?

I can insure you that in my area, they are 4 major University. None of them is giving a class on how to trade!! There is no formal how to trade program!! You will have all kinds of Financial & economic program. But not an How to Trade.

Analyzing the market is one thing you can learn in school. Pressing the buy/sell button is something way different that not everybody can handle or even understand.

So, where is the problem if I manage / trade the high risk portion of my wealth? Why would I leave this portion to a third party person? It is only the High risk piece of the pie. If someone else lose 'it for me, why can it be me instead? At least I can control the destiny of this portion. Why not?

Out of all my friend, there is only one that I really speak with about trading. We are on the same map. For the rest, I speak about cars, trips and everything else. It is ok like that.

Donā€™t give up, we are in the same boat. And we will succeed.

Cheers mate,

Happy New Years to all the thread follower!

Buck

Sageone here from MTL, Canada.

I started reading through the entire thread a few days agoā€¦ Iā€™m at page 105 so far. I would like to say HAPPY NEW YEAR from the bottom of my heart. I wish God could help me and he has by allowing me to discover this wonderful thread to solve my financial problems. It will take a lot of work and dedication and Iā€™m willing to put up [I]that [/I]work.

My question is when do you guys meet up to discuss this (set-ups, concepts,etc.)? I live on the east coast so EST time for me. Itā€™s hard for LO (I sleep) and NYO (I go to work full-time) but I will try.

My goal for the year is to use the Equity Management Model and be on track with the goals set in it. Initial capital is going to be $5000. But I will demo trade for another 6 months I presume.

Letā€™s make this a great year guys! If we support each other and further the concepts we can achieve something great along with ICT. Even the concepts ICT teaches can be further perfected and Iā€™m sure he tweaks them as time goes on.

Happy 2012. May you all have HEALTH foremost, happiness, love and all that good stuff.

Dimitri

Iā€™ve been doing this with a firefox plug in called youtube downloader which has been fine up to the last month. Trouble is youtube donā€™t like content been downloaded & block such programs, Iā€™ve tried several now with very limited success :frowning:
Iā€™d be happy to watch them on line but my data connection is Reallllllllly expensive @ $100 for 4GB! so all the latest Christmas vids Iā€™m missing out onā€¦ musta been a bad boy eh Santa? :wink:

Try Orbit Downloader, You will be able to download the videos by using the orbit grabb++ application, really quick and easy :wink:

Happy New Year everyone.

Just been doing some higher time frame analysis before 2012 trading kicks off and this is what springs out at me:

1. EUR/USD COT charts have a commercial net long at a 4 year extreme. Red line on the attached chart shows we have just reached a previous swing low too.
  2. EUR/USD also just made a new low on the daily chart, however the USD Index failed to make a new high.

Looks like we may have a EUR/USD rally coming shortly.

Good luck and good trading for 2012 everyone.

Add to that the fact that GBPUSD didnā€™t make lower lows recentlyā€¦

On my platform and broker (forexLTD), USDX did indeed make a higher high. But I still agree with you especially considering the extreme COT long position

Hi Green,
Try site KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!, it helped me and you don`t have to install anything.

Does anyone remember what page the traders trinity indicator is on. I dont have mt4 but might download it for fun for this new year. I have been searching all day and cant find it

Maybe put an indicator list on the first page that would be nice

TradersTrinity.ex4 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

TradersTrinity_Monthly.ex4 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

See attachment. The actual DXH12 future made a LH.

Is that more accurate to reference to? And which broker can I get this chart with?

Thanks

That is the actual future traded at ICE: https://www.theice.com/productguide/ProductDetails.shtml?specId=194
Canā€™t get more accurate than that :cool:

The second question is a bit harder to answer. I use the Sierra Chart charting package which is broker independent. The package that I subscribe to has the daily data of quite a few instruments, including DX, CRB etc. Next to that, one could subscribe to the real-time ICE data through a datafeed supplier (e.g. DTN IQFeed, E-Signal, Barchart etc.) if one were interested in intraday data. Futures brokers will also provide a datafeed usually.

All this is a bit different from MT4 where the broker is in fact a one-stop shop.

Hope this helps !

Thanks! that definitely helps

Trading the Figureā€¦Nice change of music.

This USDX divergence analysis seems like a huge headache if you canā€™t rely on your brokerā€™s price feed to give you accurate swing high/low information. I think Iā€™ll be sticking to the classic EUR/GBP SMT divergence for 2012. Iā€™ll be happy to leave whatever theoretical profits I might have gained, in exchange for peace of mind in knowing that I can trust the numbers on my chartā€¦ :57:

The data on the ICE website is accurate.
https://www.theice.com/productguide/ProductDetails.shtml?specId=194

Hi

Someone send mail to me asking for Ict tempets, When I was to forward it I removed it by accident , pls resend

I am trying to download the [B]Trade Projection Calculator & Tax Documentation[/B] and [B]The Ultimate Traders Worksheet[/B] from the first post but it states that the files are no longer available for download. Was this suppose to be taken down or are there new links? Sorry if this was answered before but I am only through the first 100 pages of this thread. Thanks!