What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Ok, cool, I guess that’s is based on how many client you sign? Sort of say commission. Right?

Ok so above is todays 15min on the fiber that we have all been talking about. I was on the losing end today looking for a sell in the OTE, but at the time of the trade I was thinking to myself what stops might be near that price would want to blow out to help my move down. I didn’t see any and this bothered me but I still took the trade based on other factors. I was just looking for an opinion because a false move up usually is blowing out stops to facilitate the move down or vice versa and I wanted to know if I was correct in thinking that price may not fake up then eventually go down based on the fact that potential stops were so much higher that price at the time of the London open. Thoughts opinions …Thanks everyone!!!

EDIT: IMO stops placed at levels of yellow circles.

That is a wise observation, and it’s too bad it didn’t keep you out of the losing trade.

ICT has mentioned many times that the Judas swing is by its very nature a Stop-hunting expedition. If the expedition looks too far, I would agree that this could be an indication your daily bias might not play out.

But while we’re talking about stops… Look at Wednesday’s Low… what did it do?

On my charts, it went 4 pips below Sunday’s low, and I’m telling you that it tripped stops…not just from people buying who had Stop Losses, but also momentum traders (trying to capitalize on the strong downward momentum) who were getting into trades. These momentum traders got CRUSHED today. PAIN was applied mercilessly…their positions were never in profit and there was hardly any chance at all to get out at a better price. If you remember this idea that the market is out to PUNISH, today’s price action makes a lot of sense.

That’s my take anyhow

Appreciate the comment your so right on. I just needed someone to confirm what I was thinking … Every since mike said to think and trade like your the smart money I have been looking at significant swings what I would want to blow out that would help my move. Thanks again.

Now that we have this up move, are we looking to go bullish. We are still in a sell program but there is a fractal low on the daily chart. Also we have some SMT bearish divergence now between fiber n cable. Any thoughts? Pullback to CPP and the skyrocket or down move to support level aka low of the week?

[video=youtube_share;PiuZZjHNGCk]http://youtu.be/PiuZZjHNGCk[/video]

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Personally, I’d like to see the Euro make an up move (around 40 pips) at around 3:am (judas) est making it’s daily high while the GBP is not making a high, so then I’d short one of them, probably the pound. Although, I think market flow for Fiber is now up. I’d like to hear what others think about this.

Market flow isn’t up yet because the daily fractal high hasn’t been passed yet.

It has been passed on the 4hr chart, and that’s the one Michael says to look at in his early videos.

Can anybody tell me whats in this video?
It doesn’t show at work :frowning:

I’m so disappointed b/c I had that support area on my daily chart but I was using the 1.2580 low formed on 8/24/10. Should we be looking for the close of the candles rather than the wicks when looking at S/R levels, or does that pertain only when there are multiple days closing in and around that price as was the case for this support level? Thanks.

ICT talks about the support level 1.2670 and how price bounced off of it creating a bullish push today. He also notes that the next resistance level is the low formed on the 29th of december and says that we can have a Judas to that level and a down move for Friday’s trading. (in a nutshell of course)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Thanks a lot again Michael. Absolutely beautiful jade being presented here. The video was very clear, and sharp vividly, and sound perfectly delivered. Its very professional and of a highest quality video production house. Your teaching sinking more deeply in my overall understanding even though I’ve still have a lot to study the materials. Take care

Support areas will never be an exact line. Me personally I use the low of the candle to the close as a range for S/R. Then look at institutional levels around that spot now you have price levels to watch. Look at his chart did it not go past his line by a few pips. Its not perfect ever but gives you a key level to watch for.

I just had a simple thought… and I think this might be Trader’s Enlightenment

Situation: [B]Market Doesn’t make sense[/B]
Action: Sit and wait.

Result: Lose no money

Sitation: [B]Market Does make sense[/B]
Action: Trade using my familiar tools and concepts

Result A) Analysis correct and make money
Result B) Analysis incorrect and lose money, reduce risk until partial or complete drawdown recovery

OVERALL EVENTUALITY: MAKE MONEY CONSISTENTLY

Sorry, but I don’t think I’m missing anything. No ego here, just confidence. Try and wipe this smile off my face Mr. Market :slight_smile:

I think you still need to engage the market at these times. It’s the only way you’ll develop – demo only of course.

I see what you’re saying. I know I was being pretty vague there, but I try to work as best I can in that Grey area.

Whenever I see a trading sitation I don’t really understand, I’m always eager to check back at the end of the day and try and “reverse engineer” a way of knowing what was going to happen. At the very least, I want the day’s action to “make sense” in hindsight. I try and pull all the tools out and do a bit of mixing and matching to see what potential was on the table.

I’ve been doing this ever since ICT came around again… and as the “bag of tricks” kept filling up, especially in the last few months, I’ve been able to make sense of more and more days’ price action.

Then of course there is the big big leap of turning hindsight into full-on anticipation, along with the _______ to pull the trigger with real $ on the line.

I disagree demo or not. Takes discipline to sit in wait for your shot. Thats not something you learn by shooting a machine gun and shooting at everything that moves. No dont guess. Know what you are doing or stay out. Lot less blood shed that way. I know you said demo of course but even on demo a lot of loses will mess you up on your thought process. You will now second guess yourself and miss that big trade on live account because you were to afraid to take the trade. If you dont have a clear picture walking in then walk right back out. No harm no foul. I can not stress this enough. I may not be ICT here saying this but I did make good money last year even on my micro account. It was not chump change. Sure I did not use these concepts but I did not do it by trading without a clear picture.

“Engaging the market” doesn’t mean taking a bucket load of entries.

It means to attempt understanding. What’s happening, why, what will happen next. Then afterwards, evaluate.