What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Awesome! Thanks for yesterdays review Michael

So it looks like I neglected to spot the support for the fiber over the last couple of days & take into account. Also if I had studied the cable it might have give me a clue as it wasn’t showing sell signals :33:
The 10AM candle is a mystery to me, haven’t seen the video as I can’t download livestream & youtube is giving me grief again :49:
Got this trade review half downloaded & had to watch the rest on the site, I wish I had access to unlimited data :17:

Anyways, enough of me whining, we’ll see what tonight brings :smiley:

Edit: Just found out that youtube only lets the first 5 minutes of a video to be downloaded, explains all the frustration!

Edit #2 The youtube 5 minute restriction is on higher quality videos, so if they are in .flv format they seem to download ok & they are less then half the size of an MP4 format, just a little fuzzy when looking @ the price action but ok.

Your graphics presentation are getting even more sophisticated Michael, I like the arrow overlays, makes it nice & clear.

Just want you to know i got stopped out but it wasnt a losing trade. I moved my SL to BE pretty fast as i realised the price wont make a nice LC-movement. +6 Pips, whatever.

The zooming in and out is very helpful as well.

Fiber short taken at 1.2872, SL sitting at BE+1 after TP1, but wanted to lay out my profit objectives should price reach these targets as I desperately need more insight into trade management to let potential winning trades run.

My TP1 was taken at 26 pips. My TP2 is confluence of 423.6 fib ext, central pivot, and short-term S/R level. My TP3 is confluence of prior Asian Highs + MS1 level.

Any feedback would be appreciated -thanks.

EDIT #1: TP2 hit at 1.2790 (+82 pips)
EDIT #2: TP3 hit at 1.2764 (+108 pips)
Holding final portion for around S1 level OR 15:00 GMT whichever comes first
EDIT #3: FINAL TP (TP4) hit at 1.2740 (+132 pips)

clickable:

Nice sladha!
I was wondering: is there a way to scale out on order?
In other words: can i scale out without babysitting the trade and without having to worry when price is hitting my predetermined multiple TP points?
I just know the TP order (closing all) or manually scaling out… But is it possible to automatically scale out at predetermined levels?

Cheers fredy

Good call sladha :slight_smile: ICT’s analysis yesterday was spot on.

I missed today’s move because of my SL being too tight (20 pips instead of 30)… another lesson learnt… SL was at 1.2872.

Ah well!!!

If you are using a real account then just place buy / sell orders at your TPs. So if you are shorting 1000 units, then place a buy order at TP1 for 700 units (70%) or whatever you choose. Only problem is that if you are wrong with the initial trade, those other orders may come back to haunt you…

that’s nearly exactly the same trade I entered, but I entered on the 40 pip swing OTE @1.2865 after the bounce of R1. But I’ve got the same targets :slight_smile:

Okay folks… there you have it again… 100 pips laid at your feet.

Fiber opened at Midnight NY 5:00 GMT - Judas Swing Higher… into what? A Pretermined Key Resistance Level 1.28.60.

Time of Day - London Open Kill Zone - Sweet Spot 3:00 am Candle [8:00 GMT]

Nested OTE’s and Overlapping fibs at 1.2860 - Anticipate or “Stalk” a setup…

Lower Time Frame OTE at 8:15 - Short with Classic London Sell Template… viola… 80 - 100 pips.

Total pip haul this week 310… and I didn’t trade every session or push it hard. You only need one of these per week or even a fraction of their swings folks… stay positive!

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Hey sladha,

i’m in the same trade but got a veeeery bad entry @1.2846…shame on me. I took first profit @ +30 pips, then my second objective was @ CPP just like yours. My 3rd TP will be @ ADR low. My first idea was to close the whole trade @ TP 3 but because of the latest strong moves i thought about splitting the last portion again. Will take out 0,01 lot @ TP3 / ADr low and the other 0,01 lot @ 1.2750. Its not much there @ this level but i see some potential to exceed the ADR by some pips today and the 62 % fib level from last major low to todays high is @ 1.2746. SL currently @ 1.2806.

thanks to your kind insight.

Mission accomplished.

Two big wins this week, predicted in advance. This stuff is starting to come together :smiley:

Hi Everyone,

First post here on BabyPips and really amazed with all the knowledge passed on here by ICT. I am studying the videos presently and going thru the learning process. Thanks ICT !

I just loaded the ICT SMT tool presently and am having trouble finding a summary on how it should be used. Can anyone please point me to either the video or provide a quick explanation. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you starting a string quartet now? I call cello. :slight_smile:

GLGT

I caught this trade too. First time I traded LO. Set my MT4 alert at my level. Woke me up at 1:10am. Got to the computer, saw a retrace, set my sell limit at 1.2870. Went back to bed.

Woke up this am for work. Raced it to check my trade. All smiles. :slight_smile:

Welcome steph,

go to page 636 post 6359, there is a ICT FAQ posted by shaunnd. SMT is explained in there aswell as some other things. The file also includes some indis. :57:

Just wondering. Some of the videos on the first page say “formatting video” and the link doesnt work. Are they still available somewhere???

Thanks

All profits taken and fibre still running…wow…bears are strong today :smiley:

They will be available sooner or later…still formatting…btw what is one of the most important lessons ICT taught us ?

…PATIENCE… :stuck_out_tongue:

LOOOL missed about 100 pips when it hit on NYO :smiley: been riding from the top…

Catonsville huh?

EC/Columbia representing here.

Thirdpillar grew up in MD too. But doesn’t sound like he lives here anymore.

And of course, the grand poo-ba of this fraternal lodge of water buffalo lives somewhere around here.