What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Wow! Could’ve made over 250 pips on just one massive move today :open_mouth: Did anyone get it?

Yeah, I noticed his Bawl-More accent in the videos. I work in EC and my parents live in columbia.

I wasn’t expecting 1.2670 to be broken… not sure if anyone got it.

Thanks Flying Rhino :slight_smile:

Are your cheeks aching? :57:

Hahaha I wish mine were!! :smiley: I don’t want to jump the gun before next week’s trading, but if this week closes where I think it’s going to close, it could be very interesting :wink:

A legendary trade! :smiley:

My big takeaway from last night was S&R especially in HTF trumps market flow. I was looking for longs at LO based on flows and not seeing the levels.

Big eye opener!

from what, a 9% return this week, risking no more than 2%, with a really crappy exit strategy to boot :smiley:

Here’s a breakdown of my trades this week to put this in perspective. I will be scaling back as I learn the LO better and become more proficient

4 LO trades- 3 winners, 1 of which I was profitable going the wrong direction, 1 loser
4 LC, 1 profitable, 3 losers (tough week for LC)
1 NYO- loser

This is coming from a guy who has traded the LC almost exclusively for the past 8 months and am used to trading nearly everyday. Now that I’m becoming an insomniac, i won’t trade as often

I let the LC go today because I didn’t want to give any profits back. Big step in the right direction for me

Fredy, I don’t think there’s a way to do this with MT4 – unless you use a 3rd party EA (I’m pretty sure IBFX has an option available for MT4) – but there is on the other platform I use. However, you can’t move your Stop Loss automatically as the trade winds down so I end up babysitting the trade anyway. One way you can get around this is to setup price alerts on a smart phone provided your broker has that option. If your broker doesn’t have this option, there may be a 3rd party app that does although there would most probably be a degree of pip difference.

I started using these alerts after ICT brought it to our attention a while back and find this useful because I don’t need to be at my computer for the duration of the trade. Once price hits a predetermined level, the phone gets an SMS and I know what I need to do.

Preparing for a possible LC. I dont expect price to make it to the final Take Profit because of the lower volume of friday. After just a few Pips i will move SL to break even and take something out. Rest may reach for the final TP. Will close the whole position if it doesnt.

This is some crazy stuff here. This being my first week trading, I went to bed early with a cold. I watched the judas swing happen but again I wasn’t sure where it was going and I was just too tired. Can you say search and destroy for the entire week?

Great job lazydogs. 9% profit in one week when you’ve had 4 winning trades v. 5 losing trades goes to show the power of risk control, money management, and letting your trades run. Enjoy your earnings.

UPDATE: Fixed formatting and blanked out word.

Yes. A literal Yes.

2012 results.

Week…Trades…Wins…BE…Losses…pct. return
1…2…1…0…1…10.26
2…12…8…2…2…14.15
Total…14…9…2…3…25.86 (note…compounding returns added 1 pct additional return)

(had to use period to make formatting work)

An 78 percent winning rate counting BE as a win because preserve capital is rule number 1 and a win.

Out of the 14 trades…1 was last week which is my hall of famer so far. Captured 254 pips on a weekly judas fractal on GU. Entered 19 pips off the weekly high, closed 21 pips within the weekly low…and in between…254 pips. Today…Rode the LO Express on EU…plus entered a trade on EU and GU using the 10am GMT candle as talked about in the ‘trading the swing points’ livestream. Those 3 trades yielded 12% as well.

This is pretty much how I envisioned it working out. A lot of noise where small winners offset inevitable losses. But then some homeruns which are what grows the account.

GOing to go back over the trades this weekend and consider the question of overtrading. I may be…particularly this week. But I am getting better at sitting on my hands and waiting. A lot better in this regard.

So now I have weekend to work the greed out of the system. As Hans Solo said. “Great, kid. Don’t get c o c k y” (had to space out the word because babypips filtered it.

GLGT :41:

3 ways to do that…that I’m aware of.

1. When you enter your trade, you can enter multiple limit orders with the same entry price (provided they are all in the same direction meaining long or short). Then set the TP for each order.

This works well for limit orders when you have a plan. But for market, I would think this would be prone to error trying to get them all entered. And then you have slippage and a moving market.

1. MT4 EA. See attached.

IBFX_-_Partial_Close1.zip (6 KB)

This is an EA that you can use. It has been broken to work with most, if not all, brokers. Some people have reported problems with it. You can attach the EA to different charts. Change the ‘Instance Num’ parameter to ensure they are unique, and you can have this manage trades.

One other drawback of this EA, well…as with any EA’s, is MT4 must be connected to work. So you can’t shut down MT4 so there’s some risk with setting this and forgetting. You always have a SL in your trade in case something happens with it.

1. Entering orders in the opposite direction at predetermined levels.

Most brokers won’t let you have a a long and short trade open at the same time on the same pair. SO, let’s say you entered 2 lots short on EU today. You could enter a long 1 lot at 1.2840. And 1 lot long at 1.2626 (because you knew where the exact low would be formed and took into account the spread). This would have closed out your position in a desired manner. 30 pips…close 50%. close the rest at the low.

I haven’t read the past 5 or so pages yet, so sorry if this has already been covered.

I was watching the cable yesterday and noted the Sunday asian session high and low on my charts, nothing else. Look at the small bit of consolidation at that area on Wednesday’s trading. Today, price came up to that level, offered SMT divergence while Cable cleared the stops at Wednesday’s consolidation range and it was off to the races!

Turtle Soup entry when price broke up through and then dropped below the low of the Asian range would have offered a stop of 23 pips. 127 Fib extension from yesterday’s low to today’s Judas high was 150 pips. Over 6 to 1 R/R!

I had been using ICT’s tools to trade and was only getting B/E results. That’s because I had forgotten the KEY CONCEPT to making them all work is SUPPORT AND RESISTANCE!

Look at the lows the fiber cleared today on a daily chart, and look how close cable is to clearing those same Aug 2010 lows. Are we nearing the buy program?

I see tea!

…Nestea that is

Too early to be a buy program. In ICT world, if I understand it correctly, a buy program has a low fractal, a high fractal, then a higher low fractal in place. As well as the 18MA above the 40MA and widening. QUite a ways away from that.

Could we be turning…possibly.

Although the news out of Europe was abysmal today. Downgrades…italy to BBB. France.

U G L Y.

But of course…with everyon so bearish…a rise in them could be expected. But it would initially be countertrend…not a “flip the switch” to buy program.

Smiling ear to ear today :smiley:

Caught the exact same entry short as sladha, 1.2872

First TP 50% @ 30 pips SL to BE+1

My goal was ADR and/or LC. I’ve been trying to practice patience by letting trades run till LC to get the full profit release portion of the day. I had to get at least a few hours of sleep before work so with my stop loss at BE I went to bed. Woke up this morning to 100 pips profit. Still trying to be patient I left the trade open. From the time it took me to get to work I was up another 70 pips. By that time emotions started to kick in. lol While I really wanted to hold till 10am est LC, I closed the trade at 1.2700 for 170 pip gain. Then LC 10-10:30 am est turned out to be the near perfect exit like I had planned.

Textbook ICT price action today and a personal best intraday trade for me. :slight_smile:

:57:

flat out awesome job LTPP!