What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Who wants a Merc when you can drive a Porsche :wink:

Hard to keep up with the pace of the thread :slight_smile:

Haven’t been able to spend much time on trading Thursday and Friday. “Bugger” comes to mind :23:

My results for this week (2 trades, +6.31%) are pale in comparison with others - well done !!

Here’s some inspiration for next week. Perfection - strive for it or you will pay (me, lol !)

My suspicious mind tells me that guy was too good to be true! Maybe someone just having fun with us. If it turns out that he was legit, then welcome to the fold. I shouldn’t be surprised that there are people out there trading in such a way as this is obviously how we make our money, but my mind has now been bent so far in the other direction that I can’t fathom how someone can possibly think like that.

Get studying, brother, and I hope that you will soon realize the goal of 8 pips a day that you have been striving for :slight_smile:

Regard

Today’s high probability cable short… We gunned the stops, from 12/29/11 Intermediate Term Low, with a respectable 80 pip swing. Going short at 1.5400 was a profit potential of 160 pips! Time and price met during LO, SMT divergence, Smaller TF OTE.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/techpro89/cableshort-2.png

Practicing MT4
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/techpro89/cableshort2.png

Rock - Paper- Scissors :13:

8 or 80 pips?

Actually I won’t know until I see the new week.

Street Money is those that trade without a plan or understanding of the asset class and typically have no Risk Management skills.

Smart Money are those who have a plan, understand how the game works and trade with a clear and repeating edge. They have Risk Control Measures. They have the Street Money mentality model pegged and trade 180 degrees to that mindset at key times of the trading day.

The Smart Money aims to position their trades on the movement of the Banks as they are the only ones with the power to move Price and we ride their coat tails.

For Smart Money its a snap.

For the Street Money it’s a Wash… Rinse… Repeat… as they are taken to the cleaners… :57:

COT charts:

Current Commitments of Traders Charts

This is what I use to track my trades:

tradingspreadsheets.com

EDIT not meant to be an endorsement or whatever, it’s just what I use.

You read it right - his calculations told him that just 8 pips a day would be enough to meet his goals. Unfortunately he couldn’t even meet these modest goals consistently when looking at a 5 minute chart! I don’t know if he was legit though - after a while he was coming out with too many ‘ICT comments’ for my liking - ‘my wife is going to kill me!’, ‘I want to throw my guts up!’, ‘S&R is boring’, ‘I don’t look at Daily charts because they are too slow!’ It was as if you yourself were hiding out in chat under a pseudonym trying to check out how we would continue to defend and uphold your legacy if you were no longer around!!! (I know you wouldn’t…)

Regards

ICT you really give me the confidence I need to realize my dreams. When I first started trading I would seek many avenues for educational material. It seemed like even the “mentors” were part of a chinese fire drill no pun intended. Just with what you’ve shared with us so far I know that I can run with that. I can tell you consider this your contribution to the world. I see the love and energy you put into your work. Just letting you know I will fulfill my goals in philanthropy and one day share my successes with my mentor.

The really amazing thing about this “ICTvision” is that I can’t turn it off… I literally cannot go back to my old perspective. I could drop trading for 5 years and come back to this chart and see the exact same thing I’m seeing now.

I look at the chart and all I see is money. Boatloads of it. I imagine that one day the pips will be $10 bills… then $50’s… then $100’s

And nothing changes. That 100 pips I banked… still going to be 100 pips.

I came into 2012, excited for the new year, but only 2 weeks in… and I’m beyond that now. This is a complete state of disbelief. My negative side has literally run out of reasons that this can’t be done. It can be done, and it will be done.

I am still poor, but I don’t care anymore, I feel rich. That is a gift in and of itself.

and don’t worry Michael… I am not one to forget those who have helped me. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this single act of generosity projected Hundreds of years into the future…

…that’s Causality for ya :slight_smile:

Haha I love it, that’s the way I want to always think too! :slight_smile: Never trying to pre-empt things that are not yet evident.

An awesome post ak! I could not possibly agree any more :slight_smile:

Guys - out of interest, does anyone apply everything we’ve learnt to pairs other than the cable and fiber? It would be amazing to hear of someone making money on one of the other pairs too :slight_smile:

well… yes. To me, I think all pairs can be traded. I view the forex as a basket of currencies instead of currency pairs.

With some experience, you can trade other pairs. Kiwi, aussie etc, or even exotic.

But in my opinion, there’s no need to do so unless your AUM is too huge that you cannot hit on a currencies and is forced to diversify.

Thanks ITC and all the contributors that make this thread what it is!!!
Traded fibre,cable & EUY/JPY over the last 7 days entered of daily chart patterns on 1 HR chart and rolled over trades till fib targets,
Result just shy of 400 pips(on live account)!
and your not at screen all day
Look for the best set ups,Weekly& Daily charts and trade stress free!!

Thank You!!

Real Pip Value…[B]IMAGINE![/B]

…click for big…

Sounds as if someone was having a fun time.

Natural progression my friend, not only is it possible, over time, its [I]inevitable[/I]

Rather have this: :D:D

GLGT :41: