What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

[B]Hey Babypipsters[/B]! :wink:

I hope you had a wonderful week in the Forex. I had a blast this week as a Mentor and all the ā€œlightbulbsā€ coming on in many of you. That feeling is such an inspiration to me not only as a Mentor but as a Trader. I canā€™t tell you how it makes me feel to see this ā€œcome togetherā€ for you all. I remember the excitement and dare I say itā€¦ Nirvana?

It is really very important you do not allow, the completely justified, emotional charge of these tools working like they have this weekā€¦ to over-ride your grasp on Risk and Over-Trading. You seen the potential to trade a few times per week and haul in absurd pips. Do not lose sight of that central pointā€¦ you are aiming for high odds and low risk setups. Try to exercise patience this week and only stalk one setupā€¦ it will build Trader Character and Maturity to exhibit no rush or chase on every setup and everyday. This is the acid testā€¦ do you have the steel to sit and wait for one weekly setupā€¦ hunt it, stalk it, scope it upā€¦ and take it down.

Aim for the weekly goal you have in mindā€¦ but allow only one trade. Itā€™s only one week and letā€™s see who has the capabilities to actually post a One Shot - One Kill for the week. Treat it like its the only trade you will have for the week and Manage it accordingly as to reduce or remove Risk as quickly and prudently as possible and maximize the profit potential by using Time of Day Profit Taking Concepts.

[B]Make me proud[/B]ā€¦

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

So true! I did it last week with one shot, one kill and I plan to do it this week as well (and the next two weeks). One shot a week for a month to prove to myself the patience is there with these new tools. The setups arenā€™t going anywhere :slight_smile:

Why do I get the feeling there is more enlightenment ahead?

Definitively market is not pigā€™s nor lamberā€™s territory. Only REAL Bulls & Bears run this.

So, USE YOUR MIND. Be careful, waters are full of SHARKS (with remoras of course AND Raptors with bazookas :wink: ), so, watch out.

Happy weekend to everyone!

Best regards

ā€œMe quedarĆ©, me quedarĆ©, siempre cubano me quedarĆ©ā€¦ā€

whats the name of the skype group?

Okay so you bored with all this 100-400 pip stuff?

Need a change of gears?

Sunday we release The High Probability Patterns module and I will give you How Professionals use indicators tonight at 4 GMT.

:57:

Clint I owe you an analysis review donā€™t I?

Would you please remind me what the explaination you were requesting? Sorry itā€™s been a busy few weeks.

I will go over it tonight as soon as you get back or if someone recalls that is just as well.

USD Index

Cable

Fiber

Look at the high on the net position formed in early October on the cable and fiber (net low on USD Index) vs the position on the cable and USD V.S. the fiber as of right now. Divergence much?

The Commercials have a HUGE net long position on the fiber. That alone to me would mean to cut down your risk on short positions and anticipate a turn in the market in the near futureā€¦ Now line it up with Daily S&R and we have another reason to anticipate price going higher.

"You must eliminate ā€œHuman Emotionā€ as much as possible in this business. It is paramount to success. Unless you are adapt at predicting the future, your mind is a far weaker ally than all the tools in your sandbox.

Using another Star Wars analogy, the Jedi were superior in mind control and were able to play tricks with weaker minds. Humans are an emotional bunch who are not fully prepared for the $4 Trillion Dollar a Day FOREX market.

The market has no concern whatsoever for what your mind thinks, it will go where it wants to go, regardless of what you think.

You must overcome and adapt to ever changing market conditions.

If you set your stop loss at whatever, then you must be prepared to follow through and accept a loss if it happens or have specific rules of engagement to take trade away according to specific trade plan, not just a hunch.

If you have a loss, you must not let the loss damper your enthusiasm. Review your trading plan to figure out what went wrong. Your procedure must become purely mechanical and consistent.

Once you have reviewed and charted in journal the trade. Donā€™t Hesitate or Donā€™t Procrastinate.

To coin a phrase from President Jed Bartlet of West Wing T.V. series fameā€¦ Whatā€™s Next?

The name of the game in this Business is Patienceā€¦

pā€¦ips
Aā€¦re
Tā€¦here
Iā€¦f
Eā€¦xcited traders
Nā€¦ever
Cā€¦hase
Eā€¦xcess profits

Marathon runners have only one thing on their mind when they are running ā€“ to cross the finish line. They NEVER look back. Same too with Forex trading. You should focus on surviving for the long haul. Sure, you will stumble and fall. But, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and carry on. Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Repetition is the key to success in any endeavor in life, including trading the Forex markets. The more you practice executing trades, the more you trade real money, the better you get.

You just have to keep at it ā€“ over and over and over again. Persistence is the key. Youā€™re bound to get better at something if you do it constantly and donā€™t quit. Donā€™t let the market psyche you out. When you have a down day, just treat it as experience.

The Forex markets arenā€™t about gambling. It is about running a business, where there will be gains and losses.
Your every effort and constant struggle should be to get a grip on those times when price goes against you. You are in charge. You can get the upper hand on price by trading ā€œsmartly,ā€ and using good money management techniques, You wonā€™t win every time.

But, your mission , if you decide to accept, is to limit your losses to small ones, and let your profits soar.

There are no shortcuts to experience. The more experience one has, the more successful you become. Time is on your side.

As Michael Jordan once said, ā€œIf you have a love for the game, your talent will eventually catch up to you.ā€

The key is how you handle adversity. What is your personality during adversity?

When you come up against difficult, challenging circumstances, understand, In you there is greatness that youā€™ve just barely begun to realize.

FJ"

We wait for the Banks to Price in the Long Term Lowā€¦ We anticipate a low forming but allow the Smart Money to pull the stop out on the bear market first. No rush.

Now when things start to comes together I have to say hasta luego coz of another 4 weeks at sea were I have a very slow internet. Well I suppose you still here when I comes back.
Happy hunting for the perfect (Ict) shoot, laters

Per PIP???

Thatā€™s $1,650 per pipā€¦ lot size of 16,500,000

Dare to dream!

Hi,

Found some material for those who want to dig deeper (much deeper!) into the ā€˜ā€˜Smart moneyā€™ā€™ Concept:

The Money Masters - Full - YouTube - fascinating stuff here!

ā€¦and whole lot more here:

Finance Documentaries: All Documentaries

:27:

Thanks for the linksā€¦Traders with Paul Tudor Jones is a classic and almost impossible to find onlineā€¦

I agree 100% with that, especially because after studying the extremes in the COT data, it seems that the COT seems to turn before price action does. Since we are still headed straight up in the Commercial Net Long positions I donā€™t think the turn is here just yet, but at the same time I would have to have a really strong conviction on a short trade to be risking 2% on it.

I seem to remember ICT saying that outside days with a down close usually set up a buy signal within 3 days.

Look at both cable and fiber D1.

Just food for thought.

Thanks Man!
I would have added a ā€œLikeā€ to your comment but I donā€™t have the option :26:

Exciting times these!

Hi Guys, well done to all you pipmeisters last week, here is my efforts in my first week of trying to apply ICTā€™s methods.
Of 12 trades, 9 wins, 3 losers, no break evens. start bal Ā£732.27, end bal Ā£798.17 9% increase.

Although, pretty good for my first week, I have ade this kind of return before, only to lose it the next week.
My goals for next week are;
1 To learn more of ICTā€™s methods and become more consistent.
2 To try and keep my trades to a minimum.
3 To try and control my trades and stop cutting them when price starts to come back at my entry point and let them go.
4 To cut my losing trades, instead of nursing large losses.

After my first week, I feel my street money shackles are slowly being loosened. I canā€™t wait to be able to ā€œdo it like the dudeā€ (aka Michael).

Before I go, a quick question to my more learned classmates:

When looking at the COT data, Commercial traders are net long, but we are generally trading short, does this mean we are trading with the large hedgers who are net short, allowing the commercial guys to take our opposite trade?

All critiques welcome.

GLGT guys.

John

Congrats on the result ! Keep it going !

Before I go, a quick question to my more learned classmates:

When looking at the COT data, Commercial traders are net long, but we are generally trading short, does this mean we are trading with the large hedgers who are net short, allowing the commercial guys to take our opposite trade?John

Thanks for giving me the stimulus to revisit my notes. In case you havenā€™t done it, I suggest you watch the COT video to find the following info (and moreā€¦). You can (only) find it under 4.1 on the front page since the video is unlisted on YouTube. The devil is in the details :48:

• Look at large non-commercial traders (funds etc.). They are trend following so they will be wrong at the edges; they will let the market take them out.
  • Commercial large hedgers are best. They know the Supply/Demand situation because they trade on fundamentals. They are selling into the market going higher and buying into the market going lower.

Looking at my notes, large hedgers are those who are currently net long. They are the Smart Money.
We trade with the large non-commercials until the COT data tells us the Smart Money is moving to the other side. Thatā€™s when the fundamentals shift.

Comments welcome; hope this helps ! :44:

I really donā€™t think this is how commercials works at all. I wrote a post about this on the France losing AAA rating thread.