What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I think it adds to the support, but you’d probably do better (lower risk anyway) by waiting for an OTE off a bounce from that level (if that materializes). Your stop on that OTE would be at least 45pips!

and when I say bounce, I mean something significant, like 30pips at LEAST.

Thanks Akea, that sounds reasonable. Price is hovering around the 61%, if I entered at OTE I’d have yesterdays and todays S1s to hold price up and think I’d place my S/L at yesterdays low giving a 37 pip potential loss which I can adjust for. I’ll sit on my hands until NY open and hope for a bounce.

You’re right, yes. :slight_smile:

They are gunning for stops @1.6250 and below…right now…

Cable bulls got a tough time…right now.

Good morning folks…

New PTC uploaded on the first post of this thread.

Here is the Feedback link for this week… ICT Feedback Video

GLGT :cool:

Hello ICT and to everyone else as well.
New to the thread here. Just like to say thanks for your contribution. I have just started going over your videos and plan on catching up on the thread here this weekend.
Again, just like to say thanks and look forward to the knowledge and experience that you offer to share.

Thanks for the video ICT!

hi ICT

i ll b like a broken record, both vids are great. u know, i watch, i enjoy, i learn and form into the right mind set and build technical ammunition. u put yr time,knowledge and effort into it to share it just for the sake of being nice. so to say great thx is the least i can do,hopefully i ll b able to post some forming trades before they unfold. i see those materialized ones but hindsight is tons easier then foresight. but that 20/20.com is the first step to spot them beforehand and grab them by the spine and squeeze the life out of them. a bit brutal, but so was the market to me in the early times with little ammunition and took advantage of my fx innocence :-))))

the new york sesion saw the buy on euro but its up over 100 pips when would you get out? wow the optimal entry pushed it up really high today. I would have been looking to go down before this technique and time to hunt for it everyday. its really cool finding them I hope it keeps happening. can you talk more about enter methods and how to enter trades and what it takes for good enters? Thanks you guys!

Adding a new post to add the my chart example from March 2nd.

You can see where I thought I missed the OTE.

Sorry for the quality of the chart, having sizing issues.

Cheers

I saw the EU today NY and took it (green circle). It was a confluence of the ADR Low, 62% fib zone, yesterday mS1, and finally right under the Asia low; Long bias since 4hr has not traded below previous low fractal. Fib drawn off the 1hr fractals.

Now I messed up this trade as I moved my stop to BE the candle before the large spike up. Unfortunately the BE was hit and then 10minutes later it spiked as it did, a little fear got to me on that trade.

The exit on this trade would be easy. You would move your fib to place the 50% on top of the swing measurement to get the 100%. In this case the 100% overlapped exactly at R2. Notice the pink line, that is the ADR high. I had planned the ADR high as the exit instead of R2 to be safe.

Lesson learned: do not move your stop too early, I mistakenly made an assumption that the price was finished going lower and paid by missing out on an excellent trade.

Same thing happened to me, lol. But honestly I don’t feel bad about missing the trade. News was about to come out and we know how good they are at messing up any reasonable view we might have about the market, so conditions had been met already for a succesful trade and we moved our stops accordingly. Nothing bad about following proper money management and having a risk free trade around news time, that’s pretty good actually. Can’t win them all though. :eek:

Anyway, nice to see what this thread has become into :slight_smile:

Like a Three-Legged-Stool: Video’s, Thread, Feedback: Awesome strat! Of course the subject should not be left out: Awesome strat!

Thank You
Needy

I agree 100% :slight_smile:

Breaking even on a trade is a win in my book!

Well I only took one trade this week, what a relaxing way of trading haha. Kept my 69 pips from that trade and feel more in control of when I want to trade now. It was interesting to see what trades people got involved in, I was wondering if I would’ve taken the same ones if I was looking for more trades. Who knows but I’d say it was a great learning experience. Plus it gives me confidence that I don’t have to succumb to overtrading if I really put my mind to it.

Hope that inspires someone out there. Also I did notice the markets when kinda choppy after monday’s moves, leading up to the report, but was impressed by all the people that found good trades in there!

Well done AK, I reckon your head of the class now.
Great stuff.

Wally

I have a couple questions about the COT for anyone that is willing to explain.
What is the difference between the Dealer Intermediary and the Asset Manager/Institutional?
Which has more influence?
I was noticing for example GBP heavy short in both yet the YEN was heavy short and heavy long, respectfully.

Thanks for another good video ICT!

The report uses the same data that appears in the COT reports, but separates large traders in the financial futures markets into the following four categories:

Dealer/Intermediary
Asset Manager/Institutional
Leveraged Funds
Other Reportables

The “dealer/intermediary” category comprises the sell-side participants that earn commissions selling financial products, capturing bid/offer spreads and otherwise accommodating clients. The remaining three categories represent buy-side participants. These are generally clients of the sell-side participants who use the markets to invest, hedge, manage risk, speculate or change the term structure or duration of their assets.

thanks! for me, what’s helping a lot is having a really low pip objective. just looking at 20-50pips and anything over is just an astounding week. and it’s astounding because I plug the pip count into a compounding template and realize that it’s a fortune 3-5 years out into the future. I mean I’m only 24, I got the time, no reason I have to be the formula 1 racer and try to do it in a year. that’s mainly what i’m realizing this week…

Hello, Michael

I just wanted to stick my head in, and say that your video series is fabulous. Great work! Great info.

I’ve been lurking here on your thread since the beginning, and I’m starting to look at the market through your eyes.
It has been quite a learning experience for me. I hope you’ll be here for years to come.

By the way, is that you behind the AR-15 on the firing range?