What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Bearish SMT Divergence on cable? Yes? No? Maybe?

I am still lamenting my decision not to go long all week on fiber… nobody’s fault but mine :confused:

just got stopped out as I entered short at 1.2877…was waiting for price to reach 1.29 but after it took out fridays high and started to go down, I waited for a bullish candle and entered…
was nervously watching price flirting with my SL since LO… and now it finally stopped me out…damn it!
Is every week as confusing as this one?:wink: anyone a clue for NYO?
its my second week of trading and it sure is a horrible time to practice judas swing trades;)

watch how price played with me and my SL today:

1 pip and i would have been stopped out a lot quicker :wink:

You and me both, lol, a very confussing week, best to wait for a nice clean signal as to what’s going on and then when we get THAT wrong we can flog ourseves publicly. :slight_smile:

Wally

oh yes and what does it mean if cable and fiber are out of sync?

best week to start my live account…

That’s huge Fred, to realize the conditions that your trying to trade in are very difficult at the moment and it’s not just you is amazing if its just 2 weeks, I would’ve being thowing tantrums and flaying my fists at the sky and cursing about how thick I am ect.
WTG :slight_smile:

I turn to the EURGBP at times like these to get a bit of perspective.

Wally

ict, thanks for the video. spent a lot of time going over the events of that night. wondering if my conclusions were correct. it’s nice to see that after a couple weeks, it’s starting to sink in. always appreciate your hard work to help make things clearer for us.

I’m going for… EXPLOSIVE FOREX PROFITS… lol

I never would’ve held on this long if it wasn’t for that ICT vid!

hahahaha I wish I could throw things around and shout, but my son is currently sleeping on my lap and I don’t want him to wake up.:wink:

i am the personification of PATIENCE! HAHA in my dreams!

but it is good to know that it is also a hard week for the more experienced traders like ICT and yourself…

happy for every lesson I can learn while on demo…

cheers
Fred

Hmmm, can’t help but get the feeling that when the cable does eventually start moving again, it’s gonna move big…

Yes, sir!

200-300 pip Daily ranges, ahoy!

would you mind adding the direction and the time and place of those moves?:wink: hahaha feeling extremely insecure this week with directional bias;)

That’s okay, next week is only 4 days away :slight_smile:

This guy is spot on. Maybe next week I might get a trade in. However on a side note I did get tagged in a trade on the Emini (s&p 500) yesterday using this concept. To early to tell how it worked out but we shall see. First trade of the year.

Do not use this thread to fuel your perspective but rather reflect on the trades you already trade and exited. No two traders will get it exactly right or more accurately… 100% identical. You will do yourself a great dis-service but doing that. Do your homework trade your plan then afterwords reflect on the actions and commentary of others… and this goes for all the Babypips threads. :rolleyes:

I have illustrated you don’t need the have the weekly bias to be profitable. I instructed you to look for it to increase your odds and to enable your swing or short term trades longer for Monster pip hauls and some of you are doing that and posting sick pipage… that’s awesome. Gone are the days when the “normal” 20-30 pips garners excitement. You folks have stepped into a realm where Pip giants roam the hills… and you have the skills and tools to slay them.

For those that got tripped up or didn’t trade due to confidence… just relax. Your perspective should not be on how you might have missed a move or a handsome swing. When you watch my reviews they are intended to show you how it repeats and not to get bummed of no trade or losses. Do not get twisted on myself or others in this thread or elsewhere, when you read we had it right. I can show you a handful of “wrongs” from each of us… nobody gets it right 100% of the time… and you won’t be the Unicorn that will… I’m just keeping it real as my son says. lol

I see a lot of “told you so’s” on the net today… we might be in the beginnings of a turn around. Do not let emotions or uncertainty weigh on you… some bumps in the road are expected… just don’t focus on the potholes or you will poison your perspective as a developing Pro.

[B]Excelsior[/B]… :57:

ICT: I thought you were supposed to be catching up on some sleep :slight_smile:

You kidding me ICT never sleeps and neither should you. There is plenty of time to rest after you die. Remember this is comming from a guy that cant wake up in time for LO.

Hey ICT,
I have a question that’s been bugging me for a while now. How exactly does the smart money control the price movement to take advantage of all the stop losses, chart patterns (fakeouts) and whatever else there may be? Hope its not a dumb question, but even if it is, it would be nice to finally understand it.
Thanks for all your advice here on Babypips!

IC Traders,

Thanks to Michael I’m starting to understand how to perform technical analysis…I’ve been studying Cable for a while, trying to pick up on certain patterns pertaining to LO, NYO, and LC setups. Here’s what I came up with. Please let me know what you think, I need you guys to build on this or at least some criticism. Michael some input?