What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I think you might be confusing or mixing up Market structure and Market Flow.
Market flow wise at that yellow candle Flow would be considered to be down (because the last fractal indicator to be broken was a down one ,the one outside the box) and won’t be up till the [U]moment[/U] (not waiting for candle closes or anything) a fractal high is broken.
At that yellow candle you would be looking to go short and it looks like an OTE at that time. Two candles farther along everything changed and FLOW was now UP.
Market Stucture is awhole different beast but using the same fractal indictor and looking for Short Term High/Lows, Itermediate Term H/L and Long Term H/L.

Wally

Also we’re about to reach the 200% swing extension.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/techpro89/swingprojection.png

The weekly trinity extension…
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb394/techpro89/ttprojection-1.png

With all the rifle and sniper icons I think i will watch this forum being a long range rifle shooter myself…of course other than trying to make pips not much else to do here in the midwest but shoot things and fish…

As I see it; for those of you who had a tough week. RELOAD

This week just happened to be an anomaly in the short sale hunt. It basically went straight up with no give lower. I look at the 4h and look at the past 10 weeks; every single one gave good short opportunities even if they were consolidating.

Maybe this is a major turning point, maybe not, but the week was a little odd when compared to previous ones.

Now GET UP mark your S/R levels down and breath, waiting for something that makes sense. Maybe this is a larger retrace; well SCOPE UP the major retrace levels with confluences and look for fractals forming lower and GO GET IT. Maybe this is a move higher; SET YOUR SIGHTS on structure being broken and a strong level of support; if you see a goat just watch and breath and make sure you arent the one actually following.

HEADSHOT.

[B]The Time is Now[/B]

I’ve deposited all the money I wanted to into this account ($4700), and now that I’ve got some net profits on the account… it’s time to put the compounding machine to work!

Next week I’ll be trading in the psychological “sweet spot”… risking profit to make profit.

It is my sincerest hope that I never risk another cent of Base Capital on this project :slight_smile:

Could someone please show me where the SMT divergence video is? I’m having trouble
Locating it. Thanks.

Inner Circle Trader Correlation Concepts - YouTube

Awesome advice brother!!

Question for ICT:

Under normal circumstances it would be considered unreasonable to trade very late on a Friday even after the London close, for obvious reasons. Despite this, yesterday the cable made its move higher to your target only late Friday night (GMT time) - Is there any way we can anticipate price moving so late even when the banks are supposed to be closed? Like I mean wouldn’t we normally close out our positions at 18:00 GMT and assume that it won’t make it to that higher target? :slight_smile:

I had followed ICT’s original thread but got turned off by the shinanigan’s that went on in the thread. I looked to other sources for my FX education. After finding that a certain person was following him on twitter, I came back for a re-visit.

ICT is the “Real Deal”. Last nights live-stream commentary (not in video) made a huge impression on me.
Thank you Sir, for being so candid with your answers.

Your teaching is an excellent addition to my current and future trading education.
cheers

I have been searching for the indicator that shows the sessions time using a small bar at bottom of chart. Basically blocks the asian, london and ny sessions but is neat and clean at the bottom. Could someone please post that. Thank you.

You are correct about the differences between market structure and market flow, sorry for using the wrong terminology. I appreciate the explanation of market flow and I believe I have a better understanding of it.

EDIT: So to summarize, it always seems as if you are looking for the last broken fractal to determine current market flow. Market flow does not change until it breaks a different fractal of an opposite type (i.e if market flow is down, it needs to break a swing high fractal to change to an upward market flow). Is this accurate?

In ICT’s latest video, live show Jan 20, he shows how he uses the Nick Van Nice method of type 2 trend following divergence
(in my mind I’m already calling it “Triple T FD”) I guess I had seen reference to this sort of divergence before (hidden divergence) but never really looked into it. But coming from ICT I knew it had to be something valuable. (ICT is like EF Hutton in that regard) so I spent several hours looking back through charts marking up the divergences, where the trend is becoming clear, and I can see where it would have given very good confirmation on S/R trades, or maybe even stay out of trades or perhaps lower my risk. It’s pretty simple to see on the chart after a while, but this is certainly not a trivial tool. The learning continues…

Speaking of the trend following divergences with O.T.E.'s to get in sync with trends…maybe a good holy grail set up in an OTE zone on the daily cable chart for upcoming week or near future

Yah after lasts nights webinar I was eyeing up how strong this thing is, and saw exactly what you posted. So it seems like a pull back, of what magnitude idk, is likely.

And that 5570 has lots of support and resistance as noted in your chart and by someone in an earlier post.

Thank you.

Question, Mike.

Right now I am looking at the futures contracts for the cable. It appears that the GBP March contract closed Friday at 1.5532 and the June contract closed at 1.5518, which would means there is a premium or demand for the March contract, and that buyers should be coming in or are already in. Similar to SMT divergence, can we say that because there is demand for the GBP right now, which means selling of USD, that the EUR/USD could also possibly rise due to increase of USD in the market??

Exactly. Always up or down based on last fractal broken. Even if just a wick. The piercing changes the flow.

In addition. Using the higher swing point high from a few weeks before that is an OTE and holy grail hidden divergence too. The holy grail with nested OTE’s and hidden divergence on both high points on the RSI

I may be off here, but has anyone noticed smt divergence on the 1 hour charts between fibre and cable?
The cable made a higher high (though the fractal hasn’t yet formed) but the fibre made a lower high.