What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

was your bias long? or did you just try to scalp a little on the way up to your short entry? had the same thing in mind… but decided not to…

I plan was to wait for fiber to go up to 3080 but I also kept the mid figure a possibility to enter… Once I saw cable tanking like crazy and fiber was held back by the dealers… I just had to enter manually;)
just want to upgrade my risk to 1% soon… this trade could bring me there hahaha… entered with a tiny 0.07 lots (at 0.5% risk) and took off 0.02 lots at +20 pips and moved SL to BE…
Not a lot of money Im banking here (demo money anyways;)) but Im extremely happy to have the second profitable day in a row hahaha;)
babysteps!

cheers

Well the price is rising isn’t it?

My bias is long on cable yes :slight_smile: I honestly don’t know what is happening with the fiber.

would you mind sharing your analysis, as I’d like to know what is responsible for your bullish bias?
Im bearish today, so it would be interesting to know what things we see differently;)
(and if I’m bearish, doesn’t mean much with my limited experience;))

Thanks for the insihgt on Twitter and how you traded fiber today ICT, didn’t take the trade myself but watched the price action unfold and how and when you reduce RISK.

Very helpful

Went short @ 1.3042 on fiber (at that poke above the asian range high). 2% risk and 100 pip reward.
Went long 1.5550 on cable (scary buying into that freefall), almost got stopped out (30 pip SL) and then made 30 pips as well. Total for the day = +130 pips
It pays to wake up at 3am for LO even if on demo account. When I go live, will have the discipline built up. Although, am getting tired.

what a great day, I could get used to this;)
was able to decrease my losses to half with the winnings of yesterday and today…

was riding along 85 pips on fiber and around 20 pips on the cable (scaling out along the way…)
I’ll call it a week, and next week I can upgrade risk to 1%:wink: Then those moves will be more rewarding hahah

have a great remaining week… see you all on monday;)

happy hunting

Dont you just love it when the weeks only half over and you get the rest of it off.

I was just curious, nothing else. If a trader could make any mistakes, I’ve done it twice.

Sorry about that bro, I think you might have misinterpreted my response - I wasn’t meaning it harshly or matter-of-factly, I was actually genuinely asking if it’s rising :wink:

I went long at Cable 1.5550 at NY Open,

Market Flow UP on 4H and Daily TF,

Confluence: Daily S1, Monday Asian Session High, Daily R2 from Friday at Mid Figure 1.5550

Indy´s: Stochastic Oscillator at 9 AM GMT Candle presented a Divergence Type 2 (Hourly Chart)

I waited for the pull back until 13h GMT, at this time on the 5 MIN TF, Cable form an OTE for Long and confirmed with a divergence Type 1 and a Divergence between Fiber and Cable.

1H Chart

5Min Chart

Snagged a cool 105 pips on LO trade…missed my fill for fiber LC trade by 2 pips. Normally that would bother me (since i coulda grabbed another 40 pips), but I was strangely okay with it today. Maybe I’m developing some mental stability or something : )

Matty

Mental stability??? would that be something like the unicorn?

Perhaps…however now that it’s moved up roughly 100 pips from my missed entry I’m a little bit LESS okay with it now : (

Matty

… We can not catch them all.

Surely there will be another 100 pip ranges’s. :59:

John

I know…but I haven’t been consistently profitable long enough to not feel some pain when I barely miss a full on a move like that.

Matty

Magnificent reversal pattern today on fiber! :smiley:

I know we are clearly bullish AND we’re not in any of the killzones, but is anyone gonna take the short from 1.3080?

Suddenly I dont feel so alone lol

Can I Join you? :rolleyes:

Okay, here’s the situation:
I went from being +5.5% for Jan. to being -1% in the last 3 days

I really want to trade the ICT Drawdown technique by trading 0.5% til I recover, but I don’t trust myself to have that level of patience…

What would you guys do if you were me?

Just looking for some honest replies to help me with my setback :slight_smile: