What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Does anyone know if the video (The ICT Swing Trading Method: View Video) is of no audio explains or it was something wrong to have the sound? Thanks in advance!

I donā€™t think you should attach so much importance to the COT data that you end up trading solely based on what the commercials are doing. There have been so very many indications that the market was in for a buy programme, and even if the market does go back down eventually, why not just capitalize on what is happening right here and now? Iā€™m sure if you wait awhile, it will all be revealed :slight_smile:

The video has no audio - ICT gave us the silent treatment so that we would use our own minds to figure out the background behind what he does in the video :slight_smile:

I am not attaching too much importance on the COT data. I will take what set ups the Market gives me. But, everyone seems that the market is going to breakout. It may, but I would like ICT to answer this simple question. I am trying to appeal to common sense right now. If you were a commercial would you increase your net long positions and not realize a profit just to fake or faint to the left when you are going right.

hi caver

this is ictā€™s recommended very insightful book on COT,
was reading it,didnt finished it completely,but i tell u, u ll get a complete picture of how it works,but it was a while ago and somewhat better understanding sorta evaporated so cant help u with yr question,but there might b margin for anomalies like in everything elseā€¦

Cable short
Entry: .5706
Exit: .5650
+56 Pips

Cable long
Entry: .5647
Exit: .5720
+73 Pips

On my charts I usually draw a blue line where I think that price is going that day ā€¦ I called the low within 3 pips!!..:wink:
Every day that goes by my understanding of price action grows by leaps and boundsā€¦Itā€™s kinda weird I donā€™t really even remember how I found this thread (almost like I was brought here) but Iā€™m glad I didā€¦reading all the posts in the thread watching all of ICTā€™s videos has really begun to unlock my understanding of price actionā€¦and there are still more videos to be released !!..when ICT decides to quit torturing usā€¦:wink:

This coming month I think is going to be a interesting month for a lot of usā€¦Buckle up itā€™s going to be a fun ride !!!

Georgewhite,
Thanks for the information. I will look into that book. But if ICT can still comment that would be great.

I will answer this and a few others I received via emailā€¦ in the this weekendā€™s Video Review.

I have inverted the Fiber and compared it to the USDX [Us Dollar Index]

This should make it ā€œeasyā€ to spot the USDX SMT Divergence I teach and tradeā€¦ now grab your charts kids and dig inā€¦

:57:

Awesome! :smiley:

Oh thatā€™s grrrrreat! :slight_smile:

I have inverted the Fiber and compared it to the USDX [Us Dollar Index]

This should make it ā€œeasyā€ to spot the USDX SMT Divergence I teach and tradeā€¦ now grab your charts kids and dig inā€¦

:57:[/QUOTE]

So I was still confusedā€¦ SMT divergence has been kicking my butt:56:, I just didnā€™t get it. I couldnā€™t determine if it was bullish or bearish. Even at first glance looking at this chart ICT posted I said to my self " I see bullish and bearish divergence on this chart and it price still went long on each."

So I sat down and looked at my charts, added the Stoch indi, of which I used this week with success, I actually see the hidden divergence on the stoch very easily and get it. So that correlated with the price moves.

Then as ICT keeps telling us I looked left on the chartā€¦:45: S/R! I always need to remember S/R.

If Iā€™m missing something please let me know but this is where Iā€™m at right now.

Th

really great idea 2 mirror it

I am not able to attend the nights meeting,
Thanks Damon

Using ICTā€™s kill zone windows, I was manually back testing a trade on Aug 9th (London Open) looking for a short OTE based on 4hr market flow bias in Sell zone. I used the following fib and the OTE presented itself outside the kill zone (04:25 EST). I am wondering if the trade should have been taken or not (I think not but wanted to confirm with your feeback).

Thanks

Guys what time is ICTā€™s review tonight? (GMT)

ā€¦ and Can anyone join to watch it if he wants to? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m pretty sure ICT never said anything about doing a review tonightā€¦He just said this weekend and never mentioned a day or timeā€¦

Everytime someone post one of these messages this thread grows by like 5 pages because it gets everyone confusedā€¦

Patience is the key here, Iā€™m sure when he post the review or starts a livestream he will announce it for usā€¦

Is it just me? I canā€™t seem to find a USDX chart that mirrors ICTā€™s. I use Forex LTD and look at several charts online which all mirror earch other and Forex LTD, but all have significant differences from ICTā€™s. In fact only one of those divergences even show up when I look at it (the most recent one on ICTā€™s chart) and that one is not anywhere near as pronounced as it is on ICTā€™s chart. Just wondering what everyone else uses and if they have noticed the same problem. Am I just making a mistake here?

I take it there isnā€™t any kind of indicator for MT4 that ā€œmirrorsā€ a chart, is there?

Is it even possible to program such an indicator if I got the nerve to learn MQ4? Is MQ4 as intimidating as it looks (I have neophyte programming experience)?