What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Some recent reading material on the Barrier Options

Q. Barrier options: What purpose do they serve, and why do people use them? | ForexLive

Learn and study the basics about FOREX.

What is FOREX ?

What does a BUY Order T/P, S/L do when it get’s triggered ?

What does a SELL Order T/P, S/L do when it get’s triggered ?

You are not placing one order with your T/P and S/L. When you place a BUY order your T/P is a sell order and your S/L is a sell order. You are placing THREE orders in fact. So, you got three positions in the market and not just one. Turn it on it’s head for a SELL order.

What is price doing when a cluster of BUY or SELL STOPS being triggered ?

Those candles on your charts are formed for a reason. They are formed because Bids, Offers, Buy Stops and Sell Stops are triggered.

Generally, these two FOREX basics aren’t understood/known by/to FOREX newcomers in my experience. And they are essential to navigate FOREX with success.

Any good broker will educate you. Ask them…

I’ve had two good looking setups blown away by stop runs that both yourself and ICT seemed to see brewing. There may be more on these things to come but any help at this point would be most welcome.

Stop running is part of the FOREX game. Without going into detail but without stop running banks would lose a lot of money in a very short time.

Just try to think where you would place your stops if you are LONG Cable and your objective is 1.6350 starting at 1.6067…I think the situation with Cable would become clearer once looking at it from that angle…:slight_smile:

[B]Hey Babypipsters[/B]…

Just a quick hello and a note to let you know I took the time last night and today to answer emails and I was flat in London, New York and today’s Asian Sessions. We had a large range day yesterday that was counter to Market Flow and long term trend… these produce less than favorable conditions and I avoid trading right after large range days why? Large range days are followed by small range days and so forth…

Large range days suck “street money” or “dumb money”; no offense… just talking the talk as they say… and basically you can toss good money away in these conditions. I have read the thread tonight and will post a Feedback session in the Pro Traders Club video Wednesday night… yea yea, I know I said last week was the last one during the week… but I owe you guys a video from last night… so this is making up for the withdraw you addicts! :wink:

[B]Homework[/B]:

I want a pledge from all the new traders to reduce their trading to one profitable trade per 24 hour window. I consider a break even trade a win… so that answers that one upfront. I want to see folks posting their total number of trades made from Sunday open to Friday close… and total pips lost or gained on your Demo accounts. We are moving towards consistency and you need a means of accountability… and this will provide that.

In addition… I do not want to see traders taking trades outside of the buy zone for longs… or outside the sell zone for shorts. Avoid trading at the Central Pivot level. Stick to trading the levels beyond the price levels the Central Pivot level indicates each day.

Do me proud folks and go forth and profit this week. :slight_smile:

~
[B]GLGT[/B]

I have one insight about this forum. Probably, this is the most friendly and supportive forum i have seen. I am very glad i have registered here. The Pips websites, are always great. Thank you guys for your posts. Sorry for off-topic :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply coxsonne.

Umm… having difficulties editing this post sorry. Elaborate on stop runs or point us towards materials please coxsonne. I’m OK with basic forex, well I’ve read the books, how much I’ve absorbed… certainly a bit more thought before I pull the trgger and what occurs would be good.

Thanks again DD.

I think they will get there. Cable Price Action is looking very ugly…

Thanks northerntouch, just the information I was looking for.

I’m pledging to a max of of one (good or bad) trade a day, only in buy/sell zones and only in “kill time zones.” Starting as soon as I can get out of my current positions (predicaments?):rolleyes:

I made this to help me see the Big range/Small range cycle more clearly.

Hey ICT! Great thread great work! Would love to start learning what you have shown, unfortunately, exams are taking too much of my time! none the less i will be back to devour all that you’ve offered, take care and thanks alot! Much appreciated.

Cable trade from this morning.

Daily Fractals Up
4HR Fractals Down
1 HR Fractals Up

Price opened in the buy zone, almost kissed MS1 and bounced.
Appeared to have strong support at institutional level 1.6150

OTE present

Good learning point for me, I was a little too greedy with my exit and it was missed by only a few pips (essentially the spread). I should have placed it a little lower instead of right on resistance and taken into account the ATR high. I would have almost hit the high of the day. The Cable did fill the numbers today.

I chose the Cable over the Fiber because it was able to make a new high and break above the Asian session high, while the Fiber wasn’t. Leading me to believe there were more buyers of the Pound as opposed to the Euro.

Take Care,

Here’s my London close trade on the Cable. Sell Zone, O.T.E, MF Daily up, 4hr down, 1hr up.

I quite like this trade with a reservation that price must drop through 1.62 instituional which also has some actual resistance.

My only trade today and that’s final!

50% taken at +30 pips, new T/P is CPP, S/L moved down accordingly.

Here is my London close trade. Entered bang on .20 with OTE on the MR2. Let’s see how she plays out.

march9thtrade.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket

30% taken at 25 pips or 1.6195 (R1, 1.6200 and prev. resistance turned support from London open). Let’s see how she plays out.

march9thprogress.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket

Edit to above…confluence at 1.6200 not 1.6100!

Hey Alishijo,
In the same trade as you right now. Let’s hope it works well. =)

Regards,
Clark

I’m pulling the plug at 1.6207 if it breaks resistance from earlier in the day. If not, then she ruuuuuuuuuuns. Good luck.

P.S. Unlike ICT I obviously have no problems talking while in the trade!!

My Alpari server crashed just as I got stopped out! At least I think I am stopped out! This image captures the moment perfectly, and will continue to capture the moment until I am back online :frowning:

march9thstop.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket

25 pips taken on 30%, 13 pips taken on 70%. I know it will tank from here, but I am pleased with that entry, and pleased with my risk management. These are the things that will keep me liquid.

Now I get to hit the sack :slight_smile: Nightie night.

3 trades today (see ICT new homework after the fact :slight_smile: )

1. asia range trade from top to bottom.

2. long trade: we started day at previous day S2 which has been suggested is a very good setup for a swing; daily bias long; Fib drawn off daily with entry near 1.61513, also noted that today’s pa didn’t go lower than yesterday’s low during first 5 hrs of trade day; TP was set at 50 pips because on 4hr and hourly there was a large cluster of resistance and was also R1, a safe exit I believed (pa did go past it but that’s okay)

3. another long trade; PA peeked out from the morning swing and withdrew to Asia high. Fib drawn from today’s swing. Entry at 62%. Confluence: daily pivot point, Asia High, OTE zone, minor 4hr support. TP set at 30 pips (another cluster of hourly resistance from today)

Hey Alishijo,
I hope your trade is okay.
I exited at a 26 pips on the R1 level. It’s consolidating around a lot and I do not like staying or entering trades near and after NY Close. I think this will be my last trade of the week, as I will be trying to test my patience. 111 pips this week to exceed my goal. Good luck. =)

Edit: Just pulled a quick fib from a bullish swing on the Cable from yesterday from 14:15-15:45GMT, today’s low, a big pin bar, created at 8:30GMT (London Open) was right in the middle of the 62% and 79% retracement level, as well as the projected ADR Low of the day and 7 pips away from yesterday’s S1 which was quick a significant support level from yesterday. Price then, nearly made it to the 262% extension. Simply amazing, just goes to show how effective ICT’s methodologies are.

Regards,
Clark.

Hi ICT,

Can I just ask? I noticed that you use the 5M TF a lot in your videos. I know you mentioned that you don’t necessarily recommend that we use the 5M TF. However, it looks like some of the trades come up with OTEs on the 5M TF but don’t at the 15M TF. They look like simple bounces of S/R levels on the 15M TF. As a rule, I don’t take any trades that don’t come in as an OTE so I miss many of those trades.

Would working with the 5M TF be too small in your opinion?

Also, thanks and great video! Just watched it. I started noticing that the Asian session does provide strong reaction levels for the rest of the day. Thanks for another great tip!

Got my 30 pips from this one, even though it did turn around almost instantly and went the other way!

#3 is supposed to say from PDH to PDL :stuck_out_tongue: