What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Well that’s one for the textbooks :slight_smile:

I’m on the same trade by the way :35:

This is like watching a tennis match, while lying on a couch.

Concerning USDX

“When it breaks through its 100-day moving average, it tends to continue lower,” said Kurt Magnus, executive director of currency sales in Sydney at Nomura, Japan’s biggest brokerage, referring to the Dollar Index. “Pension funds and real-money managers, who manage foreign exchange – a lot of them look at 100-day moving average.”

Soooo… todays action just showed how much fiber doesnt want to go lower. I think we expect a good move up

LTPP bro, my apologies but, don’t you thing that buying at that level may be dangerous?

At least in the short term (who knows?!) looks like the high probability is on the bears’ side on Cable, don’t you think?

Sorry if this sound negative. And I want to tell you that I myself am waiting him at the 1.60 area so maybe today’s action is nothing and everything will be OK with the longs tomorrow with interest rates release.

Happy pipping and be careful out there!

Best regards

“Me quedaré, me quedaré, siempre cubano me quedaré…”

NOTE: Images are clickable

I did enter aggressively based on the first fractal low that is forming. It appears it certainly will appear today based on the low from 2 days ago at 1.5720.

As you can see…we are in a buy program and the market structure supports that. If I was more conservative, I could have waited for the fractal low to fully form and look for longs tomorrow (which I will be).

And I guess there’s a suggestion that a 600 pip move without a retrace…we should expect one.

Simply look back to the August to October timeframe shown below. A 1100 pip down move without a retrace. Markets can act irrationally longer than you can stay solvent. Simply becuase it’s gone up 600 pips without a retrace doesn’t mean it HAS to go back down.

Can it…sure. but doesn’t have to. It’s probabilities.

In my analysis, the probability of price moving up is supported by the buy program and market structure. Can this be wrong and price heading back down. Sure. But trading is making a call, finding confluences to support the position, and entering, knowing that your risk managment will save you if you’re wrong.

I’m with LTPP. Looking at USDX it broke down it consolidation range and will probably hit down. And adding the fact which i mentioned before. But before that, there is a super clean cut of highs on 13220 level. Which i think would be a great spot to hit. And go up from the figure 132 support.
USDX

Fiber clean cut highs.

Remember how I’ve been espousing the AUDUSD and NZDUSD as pairs that tend to act in the NYO KZ and generally respect pivots very well.

Here’s today’s example. I didn’t take this trade as I’m still learning the pairs subtleties, but it occurred again today.

I’ve been saying that if one of these pairs approaches a pivot level in the 1200-1400 GMT (700-900 ET) timeframe, it revereses direction from the LO trend frequently.

Today, we had bearish divergence on the AUDUSD and NZDUSD pair at the close of the 1200GMT hourly candle.

And here is the NZD hourly chart…note how the 1300GMT candle spiked up to the R2 pivot level and reversed after moving up through the LO timeframe. Also note the bearish divergence on the price and the stochastic. Also, the pivot level at .8404 was essentially the .8400 figure.

This pattern seems to repeat a lot.

Could have been a tidy 4% trade at 60 pips to trade it to meet the 4 pivot level fill and the ADR range.

And I don’t show the chart, but AUDUSD could have been traded too. The price on AUDUSD did a double tap to the high of the LO session to test that as resistance and reverse. Right at the R1 pivot level…bring up an hourly AUDUSD chart on your own, plot the pivots and the AR indicator. I encourage the community to spend some time looing at this pair. It seems incredibly stable and predictable.

So is today one of the most boring EU days in recent memory.

Snoozer of a day.

Awesome trade btw. Almost nailed the daily high to the pip.

What was you entry signal. Price approaching your resistance line and entering a few pips short?

But what follows small range days…? :wink:

Considering the interest rate announcements tomorrow…large range day is probably a given.

Just a quick note. There are videos in the thread that are unlisted in Youtube. Very worthwhile :cool:

So fiber will almost certainly take out 3400 or 3100 by tomorrow afternoon. I think thats a good motivator to get up for LO :slight_smile:

Oh boy which way is it

No changes in rates are expected, right?

FYI: something new has arrived from a certain person who is supposed to be on holiday, nudge nudge wink wink say no more :45:

you beat me to it Pippy, our Santa never sleeps, even on vacation in Fiji, lol

lol, right !

I was hoping to catch up while our Santa is enjoying whatever he’s enjoying :44:
Then I find these hidden nuggets from the past reading the thread, and now THIS.

I am wondering in how far people realise what is going on here. Actually, I’m wondering myself, tbh (in a positive way, that is). Truly amazing.

please dont share the links to these videos, let those serious enough of changing their lifestyle find them as a little rewards along the way… :wink:

Please be more literal, I see nothing. First post was last edited feb 2