What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I like your way of organizing your trades for the week, I think I will do something similar to help keep myself organized as well. And of course, I too, will be showing off my losers. =P
I’ve been live for a few weeks now; started with $200. So I will try to keep posting until I’ve gone bankrupt. I’m not expect too much out of the $200, just a learning experience for me; more like an initial fee for learning. I still have years ahead of me to trade, only 17 years old (18 in June), and going to University for a Business/Finance degree, so hopefully that’ll just help me out more in my trading.

Regards,
Clark.

I’m going to post this tool I updated for those interested in the COT data. As you may or may not know, CTFC now desegregates Swap dealers from COT data. Swaps have become so large that they actually skew what is occurring, not all data services use the new desegregated data but the old data format with the swaps included.

The tool is simple, it requires Excel 2003 or greater. I rewrote most of this on 2007 and can’t test on 2003. The data is preloaded for the Aussie, Cable, Loonie, Fiber, Yen, Franc, Dollar Index. Instructions on how to add the new week’s data is included on the first page. Charts are in Yellow tabs, raw data in red.

If you have any questions on how to use the data please read the notes in the file and email me here privately so we don’t get off track.

The benefit of this tool is I designed it to give you the desegregated data charts along with the COT Index charts. The data range for the chart can be quickly and easily changed by pressing the button. You can also lock the range. This is beneficial because you lock the range, expand data time, mark the extremes, and then you can look at lesser data window for when extremes occur.

Base work is off an abandoned project from 06’, I have updated, rewrote most of the code and expanded the functions.

You must enable macros for this to work!

I would love any feed back in terms of functions to add or make simpler, but do it in private please so not to clutter this forum.

Update: there was a bug in copying the date. This is fixed.
Update: minor issue with charts not properly updating, this is fixed in new version

Commitment of Traders (Deseg data v 2.0001b).zip (716 KB)

They are late…but they are there…:slight_smile:

They positioned Cable right at “that” line…

Look back to Feb 17th and Feb 27th on your 4h charts…

Have a nice weekend.

Hi Michael and others,

your thread, blog and videos are really amazing. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I made for myself small ICT Market flow indi based on fractals for all timeframes from H1 up to Monthly and decided to share this indi. Hope it can help somebody. Here it is:

Manta_Market_Flow.ex4 shows market flow for current timeframe.

Manta_MF_Table_1_0.ex4 shows Market flow on all timeframes in small table and calculates direction. You need Manta_Market_Flow.ex4 in the indicator folder to make it work.

I use white background in Metatrader, so if you use default black background don’t forget to change font color in indis settings. The files are ex4, but there are no restrictions.

Cheers

Manta

Wow! Half a life time ago I was also a 17 year old just about to go to University to study a Business/Finance degree! Consider yourself extremely lucky to be living in an age with such internet resources as this, and such generous people as ICT. While University gave me a lot, and has enabled me to travel to the other side of the world and set up my own successful business, it never gave me the practical resources for building a business with such potential as Forex trading. Go to University my friend, and drink up whatever they have to offer, but don’t forget that this is a Uni course in itself, with a professsor who has his finger on the pulse of the real world.

Regards
Alastair

Did anyone see what the Forex repercussions were of yesterday’s earthquake? While I am a good 500 km away, I did find myself under the table at just before 3pm as it registered Mag.3 here with quite a bit of swaying. As you can imagine, currencies have been the last thing on my mind for the last 15 hours, but it is now time to assess the damage.

Regards

Yes, I agree, I do feel quite lucky that with the Internet, the resources are practically unlimited. I will consider what you have said, thank you. =) I am hoping the school I have currently been accepted into has a good Finance faculty (it has a nice business reputation in Canada and around the world) where I can gain more insight into the world of economics.

It has been a very successful trading week for me (2 in a row now) and my confidence in these strategies are getting stronger. Hopefully I stay consistent. I will be doing alot more research over the weekend.

I hope your alright over there in Japan. The waves are actually said to have just reached Vancouver, but only 2ft high.

Regards,
Clark

I did take the trade; I was looking for renewed selling down to a support level near 5960 I had on my charts prior to the trade. Mind you the institutional level 1.6000 was in the way first so I didn’t gun hard for the support level. I target 30 pips on these trades and got that with ease here, played the 61.8-78.6% OTE short.

I’m working now on a way to capture more of these trades both psychologically and adding to the position.

Yeah. I also think next week may be a very interesting week on Cable.

Two weeks suggesting a 500 pips movement down and 3 weeks suggesting a 300 pips movement up. BUT…

Bank’s channel keeps lowering. Let’s see what happen!

Happy weekend!

[B]Tú me has enseñado a CREER EN LO QUE HE SOÑADO,
[…]
ahora vivo la vida con una enorme CONFIANZA,
no me abandona, se alimenta mi esperanza,
AVANZA mi vida con una gran ilusión
[…]
Música, la música, MI MÚSICA
tú eres mi amor de verdad[/B]

Best regards
:cool:

[I]“Me quedaré, me quedaré, [B]siempre cubano[/B] me quedaré…”[/I]

The Dollar Index printed 76.99 Fri close.
77.00 is a Dollar Index key S/R level.
77.00 translates to 1.6050/Cable and 1.3850/Fiber key S/R level.
Dollar Index 77.60/80 channel has been rejected…bottom of 1.5980 - 1.6070 Cable channel attracted solid Bids as on previous occasions lifting Cable to “that” line.

Watch “that” line and use Dollar Index and Fiber for confirmation/filter and there are NO buts anymore…:slight_smile:

Couldn’t be any easier or could it…:slight_smile:

Hey ICT and everyone. My name is Mike and this is my first post. i’ve been hanging out in the background for a month or so now trying to absorb all the info on this thread. Forex is totally new to me so i imagine the learning curve will be steep (and long)

I took 6 demo trades last week applying ICT’s tools and won 4 of them and lost two (well technically i had 7 trades and lost three - i accidentally hit the sell button when I meant to buy on one of them :o hows that for a newbie mistake) I netted 50 pips for the week but im sure it was beginners luck

ICT, I cant tell you how much I appreciate all the hard work you have done for us. Thanks a million

And thanks to all the other posters on this thread, I’ve learned quite a bit from all of you as well

I look forward to learning with you all

Mike

This week I lost 20pips, costing me $14 real money. But the lessons I learned in consistency and discipline were literally priceless. Took bad trades & lost money, took good trades and made money. I think the market was trying to tell me something :stuck_out_tongue:

So a good week all in all

I lost about 90 pips this week. 9%. £90 real money. Seven weeks live trading for a total of 15% drawdown. My 4 ICT trades were good this week with 3 average profits of 15 pips and one loss. I had 2 trend trades early in the week, one went quite bad and the other only a little bad.

Lack of discipline got me scalping on Friday night because I just wanted some action before the weekend (just being honest I know what a bad idea this was). Everytime frame was heading south so I over leveraged trying to B/E for the week and my magic button managed to shift the momentum of a 4 trillion dollar market:mad:

So I’m going to try and conquer a couple of demons this week. I wont make any promises about position size but will stay in my own comfort zone. Only ICT trades, I’ll really try to stick to one a day but if I do two I’ll live with it. I’ll only trade the “kill zones.” Only trade correctly in buy/sell zones. I could add more but I’m going to stick to this much at least.

GLGT Jaroon.

Obviously I’ll be applying the rest of the tools to find as much confluence as I can and here’s a quick reminder of what’s on my check list. All S/R levels, Kill zones, buy/sell zones, market flow, min. 40 pip swing, O.T.E, check USDx,Bonds C.O.T. O.I, Asia H/L,sentiment, news, compare E/U G/U, low range day to “make the numbers,” ADR for London close. I love lists :wink:

Welcome Mike =)
Nice to see another Calgarian here.
Much like yourself, I am also a beginner, so looking forward to learning together.

Regards,
Clark.

The vast majority of my $14k in losses were because of that exact mindset. Gotta break even, gotta break even, gotta get my money back, otherwise I’m a losing trader. That mindset will kill you over and over. So y’know, if you want, feel free to think of me when you feel like you need to B/E, and just remind yourself where it’ll inevitably leave you. I too thought my minilots could turn the market around, lol

Calgary in September, not a bad lookin place. I was born in Lethbridge and moved to Edmonton, so I go through calgary a lot but rarely stop in.

Hi to all,does anyone know any more about tonights webinar?
as I would like to participate.
A great big thanks to all contributors really helping me study this fascinating world!!

Jeff

I don’t think it was tonight Jeff.
I’m sure we’ll get plenty of notice be fore it happens.

Wally

Great work mate. I REALLY…appreciate it. Thanks

Can you use this system for end of day trading or do you need to be watching in the day for the Fibacconic to form?

I have started demo trading but go went off track using EA and indicators rather than learning the market, so am back here at babypips for the groundwork, I do work in the day so need set and forget strategy.
Sean

Kudo’s Hordane - excellent work you’ve done!