What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

:)21 Pips up for week. Missed the sell zone entry on Wednesday. My interpretation was long term indicated north and GBP plunged south, I let it be. Took a 20 pip scalp on Friday around NY open, bought at 16000 TP 16020. I’m happy

I’ve updated my tool for anyone who downloaded it and had an issue with the date not properly copying.

Now for my next upload. I’m a little apprehensive in uploading this but I think it can be beneficial to those struggling with understanding how everything goes together. This is my own notes and thoughts from ICT’s videos and explanations on the forum; it is how I see the concepts coming together. It is not comprehensive but more of a road map to what ICT has said in terms of major concepts.

ICT Trade Concepts.pdf (85.4 KB)

Cool videos, I haven’t went through all of them yet, but I can see there is some serious information here, I am looking forward to learning more. Thanks for this thread.

Thanks for the Welcome:) I think it will be great to have other people to learn with

AK thats a great pic

And a welcome from across the pond Mike. Good to have you here. This has turned from an instructional thread into a supportive community of likeminded people. It’s a big tribute to everyone here and ICT for making it happen. Very cool stuff.

I like this. I like this a lot. Have only had time to skim over it so far but it looks great. Thanks for putting it together and posting it.

Thank you for the upload Hordane, this will really help lots of people out (including myself) in reviewing what ICT had covered.
I will be carefully reading this now and hopefully make my own notes based on it.

If only it were like that now…

Regards,
Clark

So now that the times are changed, I’m having troubles, once again with the times. I’ve tried to do the math, but would appreciate it if someone could look it over, and if someone in the Mountain Time clarify too, since that’s where I live.

Market Opens at Sunday 4:00pm Mountain Time, approximately. (10:00pm GMT)
Market Closes at Friday 3:00pm Mountain Time approximately. (9:00pm GMT)
New York Midnight is at 10:00pm Mountain Time. (4:00am GMT)
London Open is 1:00-3:00am Mountain Time. (7:00-9:00am GMT)
New York Open is 6:00-8:00am Mountain Time. (12:00-2:00pm GMT)
London Close is 9:00-11:00am Mountain Time. (3:00-5:00pm GMT)

As for pivots, since I’m with IBFX, MT4 is GMT time, would we have to adjust Pivot Points to -4? ADR still set at default?

Please correct me if I am wrong, which… chances are, I probably am.

Regards,
Clark.

I want to do another Accountability Challenge this week to really help crystallize my new found appreciation for patience and consistency.

This week’s challenge is to stop trading after reaching any number of pips over 20. I won’t be targetting 20 pips in each trade, but just as soon as a trade closes, if the net profit is over 20, I’m done.

The reason I want to try this is because I’ve noticed that nearly every week, at some point I am up over 20 pips. But in going for more, I end up heading into the negative. I want to push the focus towards consistently profitable weeks, even if it means that I have to start down at a 20 pip goal. Obviously this is just an exercise to train my mindset, when I think I’m ready, I’ll start going for the 50-100 on the week.

Hey AK, I am loving this idea. I (and I suspect many others) have experienced this exact same thing.
We get up a few pips, start thinking “ah, finally I’ve got a handle on this trading thing”, and then before we know it, the market puts us back in our place!

I think I may join you in your challenge this week. I’m not concerned with profit really, consistency is what I want more than anything else.

GLGT :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing something similar for the last 3 weeks but have been capping myself at 2% per week, So far I’ve only taken one trade per week and every trade has either been taken Sunday night or Monday. Each win is at least 2%, currently up 8% for the last 3 weeks. If I can get another 2% this week I’ll be upping my weekly goal a tad. Goodluck!

Thanks a lot. This PDF file is a geat help for trading.
This has been really beneficial for me to attend this forum.

arasheed

Okay, so tonight I’m looking to sell the GU at around the MR1, or R1 levels.

Market flow is down on all 3 time frames, and we’re in the sell zone for pivots. Seems like a bit of a no-brainer to go short to me, but the very bearish sentiment in the market makes it even more logical.

The MR1 level has the following confluences:
1.6080 institutional level, posisible the 6100 major institutional level.
Friday’s CPP
PDH

The R1 level has:
1.6120 institutional level
Friday’s MR1 (untested),
162% extension

I’ll probably set a pending order at R1, and move it up if it looks like price isn’t going to reach that level.

It doesn’t exactly fit here, but still a pretty important question that I (and I’m sure everyone else) would like your opinion on, Michael.

Do you think there is an oppertunity to take advantage of what is happening in Japan? Long on USDJPY? I notice that it actually dipped hard after the event happened, even though everything points to trouble for JPY. Is this the banks pushing in the opposite direction of buyers who are trying to jump on it early so they can make some easy money, or is it something more than that?

The japanese are reportedly injecting something like $184B into the market to keep themselves afloat. You would also think that in a way they are stimulating their economy with all of the new construction and rebuilding (I could be way off on this).

Someone has also released an interview with a man who claims to be an ex-employee of Bank of America and says he can prove they were commiting fraud with their mortgages.

So… long on UJ or just stay flat for now?

Also, I’m Hawaii on vacation right now. I was browsing babypips from my beachfront hotel counting down the minutes to the tsunami… and then it never came! Biggest letdown ever. They were clearing Waikiki out and evacuating people in certain areas. Moved everyone in the hotel above the 4th floor. It was ridiculous! :open_mouth:

Simply THANKS for that! Another GREAT tool for the arsenal. It’s amazing!

I used to use this tool before but when changed from MM to NDD the new type of account didn’t have it as regular instrument.

But I would like to say something else. When I use the “BUT” expression, [B]I DON’T mean indecision or confusion[/B], simply: “Attention. There is more to take into account cause here ANYTHING can happen”. Sorry if I can’t express properly my thoughts in English (it’s really not SO easy for me to do that) and for giving wrongs ideas. Personally, although I don’t know what will happen next, I DO know what I will do, no matter what market does, the same if I’m “right” or “wrong” in my assumptions.

Best regards
:cool:

[I]“Me quedaré, me quedaré, [B]siempre cubano[/B] me quedaré…”[/I]

You missed the boat after Tokyo Open.

They triggered those stops, already…resulting in gapping 30 pips air pockets in Tokyo targeting 80.00…they got to 80.56.

After that try ist was 186 pips north in one session…Kudos to the BoJ…:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I doubt they will try again targeting 80.00…

I’m so sorry you were let down. YouTube - Japan Earthquake: Helicopter aerial view video of giant tsunami waves

Probably best to stick to the analysis, folks.

Hi
EurUsd is going higher.
How farther it is expected to go up??
arasheed

OK, so I had a couple of nice trades on both EUR/GBP and the cable at the London open.

This time, I tried to put into practice some of the material I had reviewed from ICT’s earlier videos regarding the fractals on the longer term timeframes, and really trying to trade in sync with where the market is “trying to get to”.

As a point of possible interest to others, here is my analysis on the two pairs I traded. I wrote this prior to the London open, just to make a few notes so I had an idea of what I was looking for when the open arrived. I do this because otherwise I just feel rushed, and that leads to mistakes.

[B]GBP/USD[/B]: PA is up on the monthly and weekly, just had a bounce from previous R turned S, confluent with 38% retracement of last major upswing on weekly. Price has recently found resistance on the 4H, at the 50% fib retracment. 1.6040 might see a long entry, confluent with previous S on the 4H, and also the 50% retracment of the move to resistance at 1.6095. 1.6040 lies just below the day’s CPP

[B]EUR/GBP[/B]: Bias is down on the monthly. Up on the weekly, although at the 62% retracement of last major down swing, and previous resistance. We may see a retracement short back to 86, which is the 62% level on the daily, as well as figure, and previous significant fractal high. PA is in the sell zone, so look for potential intraday shorts today.

Just to echo Alishijo’s comments above, I do believe it’s best we stick to the analysis.
From a trading perspective, I will avoid the yen for the time being, and from a human perspective, let’s all try to show some sensitivity.

On a personal note, Alishijo, I hope you and all your loved ones are OK. I have spent a couple of years in Japan. My girlfriend and her family are spread out between Tokyo and Ibaraki, so were fortunate to have been spared the worst of it. It really is such an unimaginable tragedy. Everyone over there is in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike

Well I remained flat last night. I didnt see any set ups that had market flow in line with the buy/sell zones except for one scalp on the cable that just missed OTE (thats assuming that im pulling the fibs properly which i may not be)

I will watch NY open for another half hour or so before work. If there is nothing then I will try again tonight. I have all week to get my 30 pips :slight_smile:

Have a good day everyone (or night)