What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Santa left a present on Twitter.

another hour to spend studying now…

Yezzir, glad I waited for LO. As I watched price I saw the azn highs and said those look too good not to take out, I’ll watch price. Sure enough, and I felt more confident when I could get a stop over 10 pips above the swing high I measured from while running into r1. Alot more to this trade then stated but you guys have posted alot of the analysis.

Using MyFX and it is a pretty sweet ass program for TP SL and trailing stops and sets stops to break even. I just have to figure one thing out, if it closed the whole position at 30 pips cause i had default tp checked or because you cant halve the lots size i was for my first TP hmm. Check if your broker offers its because it is a $300 license fee, but my deposit was large enough for a free year.

boy oh boy do i love presents especially from santa

Thanks for helping me out! Can anyone else confirm this?

Second half closed at confluence of mid pivot, asian open price, and LC time. +40

+2.5%

I thought me liking it, was confluence enough. Its what I have marked in my mt4. My LC would be 11-1 EST, thats the difference I see.

And I dont know the diffinitive reason for mine being that way because LC is 11est so one hour before and one after is 10-12… I just consider the most import time 18gmt for closing up shop… as expressed by ICT so cest la vie.

There was a great write up from Clint on the Kill Zones, it is on page 424 I believe…

Beginning on October 30, and continuing for one week, the Kill Zones will be:

• Asian Session Kill Zone: 6pm-10pm EDT (2200–0200 GMT)

• London Open Kill Zone: 3am-5am EDT (0700-0900 GMT)

• New York Open Kill Zone: 7am-9am EDT (1100-1300 GMT)

• London Close Kill Zone: 12pm-2pm EDT (1600-1800 GMT)

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

All though ICT has suggested not to adjust times for daylight savings time or anything like that, he suggest to just leave them alone for the complete year.

Thanks for digging that out of the thread. I remember on multiple occasions ICT saying he does not adjust for DST. In regards to the London close kill zone, I thought it started at 11am? Everything else looks right.

Thanks Pete! Yea I am slowly watching it.

It’s easier to just forget about your own timezone and check directly what the time is in London and New York, since it’s fairly easy to remember that the kill zones are from 7 to 9am (open), and 4 to 6pm (close) locally. So all you do is go to Google and type:

What is the time in london now
What is the time in new york now

I’m still not sure about DST and how it will affect the Asian range. If you define it as 00:00 to 05:00 GMT, then there is of course a shift in the range from the NA perspective. maybe ICT doesn’t make adjustments because his broker is GMT based…

So we have our inside range day on the Fiber and Cable. Which way to look. hmm

Unless we get more azn range insanity and it busts daily highs and lows.

Fiber is the though one the commercials who are long this with there shorts small last week again all bears moves are holding for now. In cable. It was acting heavy but held on lows expecting a test again tommorow on those lows but fiber could be providing the moves . Also more news on the wires tommorow so should get more price action

I know which way I’m banking on :stuck_out_tongue:

+46 pips on the new $2000 account already, and the week has just begun!

Not trying to impress anyone, but am happy to prove that fixing mistakes does pay dividends… Sometimes the very next day :slight_smile:

Ok I’m a little confused here; this is what I see on my daily chart for GBPUSD:

So here I have highlighted the most recent fractal high and low. The low was on Feb 6th and the high was on Feb 8th. Now as the high is clearly unbroken while the low was broken on Friday (albeit by 0.1 pips), surely this means we are bearish 4H and 1H tf’s not withstanding?

It’s the difference in broker feeds.

My feb 6th low was 1.57289. My Friday low was 1.57295. So .6 pips away from breaking it.

So by definition, my brokers data feed is still daily bullish.

I’d like some nestea too. :slight_smile:

Need some help from the veterans. I have a short on cable that is still running. It did not hit my TP and my trade was a day trade so all my targets are now canceled. My fill was 5785. The price is now 5735. I have a strong feeling that it’s going lower and we made the weekly high already. Am I being greedy or should I just close most of the position out? 100% of it is still open. We are dropping fast… price is now 5725… Help me with swing projection. Where do I take profits??

You didn’t take any profits at +30 pips?
I’d be more worried about your habits than this one particular trade