What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Agreed. Close some of it, take some profit, and tighten up your SL on the remainder.

Todayā€™s high was an OTE of Friday
High to low. A 28 or 62% extension of that is reasonable.

I assume you closed some at 30 pips (or moved to breakeven). Iā€™d take some now and let more ride for the extensions. Some more off at 28% and the remaining for the 62% (or if structure supports itā€¦hold till thu close for weekly range )

Thanks for the input and reminder guysā€¦ I closed it all out at + 55 pips just now. I think I had made enough off the trade. The only thing that deterred me from closing it out was the idea of converting an intraday trade into a swing trade as Iā€™ve never taken one before and I felt as if the high of the week had just been made. Iā€™m new to this and i like to experiment. I believe that there are no hard rules in forex and being flexible and knowing why youā€™re doing what youā€™re doing is key to becoming successful, in my book at least, but thanks for looking out. I took profits early in my fiber short so I let this one ride.

For example, Iā€™d take profits earlier than 30 pips if I thought there was an area of support/resistance with a high probability of turning my trade into a loser. On the contrary if there was no such area, Iā€™d take profits at the next area, which was greater than 30 pips.

Check out the Euro chart making a lower low. Now look at the USD Index failing to make a higher high. Asian session may be pointing to accumulation right under that blown out stop from Fridayā€™s NY session.

Possible smart money footprint?

hmmmm

and targets

Iā€™m not a huge fan of Flags but lets see.

Wally

Nice catch, I always forget to check my USDX chartā€¦ :24:

Its probably been mentioned before, but here is a really cool site :
Forex Clock | Forex4Noobs

Cable short
Enter: .5802
30% still running

NZD short
Enter: .8350
30% still running

Fiber short
Enter: .3273
Exit: .3215

• 58 Pips ( got impatient and didnā€™t hold out for daily rangeā€¦:frowning: )

3 shorts today ( I was in the shorting mood) days like this make trading funā€¦:)ā€¦had some bad entries into position I was a little to quick on the trigger today (something I need to work on ) ā€¦all in all not a bad dayā€¦ any day you donā€™t lose money is a good dayā€¦:slight_smile:

Certainly something to watch. But s&p downgraded a bunch of Eu countries credit ratings at 1800ET. Probably a reaction to that. Euro is one of 6 currencies used to calculate usdx. Think this is euro falling more than a dollar reaction.

Should have said 128 or 162 extensionsā€¦

The fiber and cable make up 70% of the USDX which both made lower lows. I wouldnā€™t discount divergence based on news. Trust the tools.

:57:

i might make myself look like a fool now but thats fine ā€¦ anyway ā€¦

LO james into 5680 and then up for a bit

thanks for attention and good night :24:

Since the cable and fiber have been somewhat out of whack lately I have been looking to take more trades on the fiber and using the USDX as divergence. The 2 are practically identical so divergence really stands out.

Unfortunately the USDX did just stab above itā€™s previous high, but obviously it and the fiber are at some decent S&R levels. Iā€™ll be watching closely for the next few hours to see if I can find some more reasons to enter a trade in the LO.

Chris Lori of ProTradersClub.com has been teaching the ā€œreflectionā€ pattern for years, he calls it a Deep Fib Zoneā€¦
Hmmmmmm

This is my small time frame setup but I leave the SMT overlay chart with USDX visible in all time frames.

All the Indiā€™s are in this ZIP file ICT_Indi-stuffv2_1.zip (128 KB). Hope this helps keep an eye on that pesky usdx.

Wally

p.s. White dashed lines are from high TF (1H and up to monthly) previous SMTā€™s, thats all the long term lines I put on this chart, as u can see interesting.

p.p.s. I forgot to mention this USDX.ex4 should work with any mt4 broker as long as they supply the pairs that make up the index.

I thought the Deep fib Zone was the fib extensions, Iā€™ll have to have another look.

Still I like the way ICT explained the Reflection Pattern and when I looked back it works really well, looking forward to using this tool.

Wally

I havenā€™t completed the new video yet, so I canā€™t comment on the reflection pattern, but I think you are right about deep
fib zone being a Fibonacci retracenment (79%)

Thanks Wally,
Not sure why but the USDX indi crashes MT4, Itā€™s Oandas version, never mindā€¦ might not have all the basket currencies with them?

Cheers!

Bummer! Iā€™ve got in working in my mt4 Alpri demo. Hereā€™s the code listing, see if there all in your symbols list.

string symbols[] = {ā€œEURUSDā€,ā€œUSDJPYā€,ā€œGBPUSDā€,ā€œUSDCADā€,ā€œUSDSEKā€,ā€œUSDCHFā€};
double weights[] = {-0.576,-0.136,-0.119,-0.091,-0.042,-0.036};

Wally

Hey Wally, I have always liked the Overlay Indy that you use, but I was wondering how you put multiple pairs onto it? Do you separate the pairs with only a comma, because it doesnā€™t work for me. I also like the fact that I can now get USDX on a line basis on my Alpari platform, but I am wondering how you got it on the Overlay window rather than its own window. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ali