What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Appreciate your response. I never would have thought of using this method. Thinking about it, it is rare indeed to see a swing of this magnitude reach such a level without a retracement. I will be adding this nugget of gold in my arsenal for future trade opportunities :slight_smile:

Sorry but what is cpp by the way ? Regarding the ICT trinity indicator, I studied it but didnā€™t take the time to add it to my current tools yet. Iā€™ll be revisiting it definitly.

Thanks

cpp is the central (daily) pivot point. Also if you take the fib to the top of the high shown, it zaps the swing point almost exactly.

CPP is the Central Pivot Pointā€¦ below it Buy, above it Sell

Thanks guys. I use pivot zones as well in my trading but didnā€™t know CPP stood for the central pivot point.

It was a mixture of things pivots,trinity-buy zones,previous days price actions and my new bestest friend the USDXā€¦:53:

Donā€™t worry if you didnā€™t see the longsā€¦the more seat time you get watching price action the clearer things becomeā€¦the market has a natural rhythm to it and when you can tap into that rhythm thats when things become a lot easierā€¦:57:

A question popped up . How far back should we go when plotting support and resistances? Do we plot it for every fractal high/low formed in each timeframe?

Btw guys what is a fractal???:slight_smile:

I wouldnā€™t say every fractal.

For timframes, I use daily and higher. I will get recent 4 hour sr lines, but personally, I donā€™t use the historical ones.

I look for turning points where price moved in one direction. Hit a point and reversed. Usually lookin for well over 100 pip moves. I donā€™t use small bounces as sr levels. Iā€™d have way too many lines on the chart.

So daily, weekly, monthly sr levels with large moves to the point and bounces away.

On 4 hour, Iā€™ll use recent (past couple months) but not much more than that.

A fractal is a high with 2 lower highs on each side or a low with 2 higher lows on each side.

A 5 candle formation where the 3rd candle is a high or low. And the high or low is not breached by the other 4 candles.

If you use mt4, insert, indicators, bill Williams, fractal to plot them.

Add it to your chart, see where mt4 plots them, then follow the 5 candle formation described above.

Best week of the month for me so far: + ~13%. Out of 26 trades so far using this method (starting January 1st), I had only 1 losing trade. 96% win ratio!!!

As far as drawing S&R levels I think you are over doing it, scroll through the daily,4 hour and 1 hour and look for key levels, take into account previous days high and low, previous weeks high and low, and maybe 1 or 2 levels on a smaller time frame where there were clear reactions. Look at ICTā€™s previous PCT video, that is mostly what you need to do.

[B][I][U]As far as success goes using this method, It takes times. i demoā€™d for close on to 10 months until i went live. Hard work day in and day out, I literally have a full file of notes and research on everything Michael has taught. You have to really study this stuff, I see guys on here posting trades 1 or 2 day after finding the threadā€¦ They are just doing themselves a disservice, What Michael is doing can set you up for life, it should not be taken lightly. At first there will be losses and then breakeven and then slowly but surely profit. I look for 8%-10% a month, last week making 2.33%, nothing outstanding but my mindset is on a larger account.[/U][/I][/B]

This is more or less in reply to some posts with questions about pivots, S/R etc. from (I assume) newbies like myself (at least with this method).

I came across this post from Shaundd so I figured Iā€™d cut and paste some parts that I find relevant (not that the rest of that post is not important).

ā€œHard work day in and day outā€. Indeed :44:

I too am building a humongous library full of screenshots of the videos with remarks on them plus an index for every video so that I can refer back to videos for certain subjects in due course. I am going through the thread, reading posts and learning. Every once in a while there is an unlisted video thrown in - why am I not surprised that the view count for those videos is so much smaller than those which are listed on the front page and on YouTube ? Does the majority not want to put in the hard labour ? Does the majority want a quick fix, instantaneous reward and all that ? You betcha - the view count is the proof.

Ask yourself this for a moment: Which group do YOU belong to ? Is that where you want to be ??

I (and others) have said it before, and Iā€™ll say it again: there are NO shortcuts. And, for those who insist there are shortcuts, please be aware of the fact that there will be other traders who DID put in the hard work. They will be waiting on the other side of your (very likely) mostly losing trades. Donā€™t follow the shortcut route - do NOT do that to yourself, youā€™re worth more than that.

The info that Michael has given is very detailed indeed and it is simply priceless. That said, do NOT expect that you will master this on a rainy Sunday afternoon, because you WILL lose your shirt and achieve everything Michael doesnā€™t want you to achieve: an empty bank account, utter frustration and -ultimately- broken dreams.

Michael, once again: Thank You For All Your Efforts Sir :cool:

thanks guys. very kind of u all. what is the purpose of plotting all these fractals and not just support and resistance lines of different time frames??

Thanks Pippy, so do we plot the S/R on 1 hr or daily timeframe? I donā€™t understand when i went thru the videos. I really newwwwwwwbieeeeee:)

That would be to determine Market Flow in an attempt to make sure one trades in the right direction.

May I suggest you start watching the videos on the first page of this thread ? They will help you to build the insight. The S/R and Determine Trade Direction videos are right in the beginning and they deal with the matter.

Plot them from H1 upwards.

And while Iā€™m at it, I might as well re-post this post :20:

The laminated sheets are something I use as well for my trade strategies. Keeps them free from coffee & saliva :56:

Ah thanks for the responseā€¦yeah, the charts are really starting to get crowded but ill definitely keep it in mind, thanks !

Hi Pete, what Would you say the reason is for this improvement? Is it because you have more time for analysis or is it easier to tell which direction the price will be going?

Thanks

Trading results for the week.

Another good week.

4 trades. 3 winners. 1 loser.

Continued to be ecstatic.

I posted earlier that I was up 7% or so after 2 trades. I did take a LC trade yesterday that turned out to be a big winner. (Long Euro). And an Aussie short today that failed.