What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Piptronix can you please add the kill zones indicator :slight_smile: i donā€™t even have it! Btw, thx for information. Adjusted all indicators. Thx guys!

Iā€™ve never really worried that much about it because the whole opening time thing gets very fuzzy ie NZ opens 1 hour earlier than Sydney but the ASX opens at 10am local time, my Alpri Demo acct starts transmitting about then but my real broker starts at 9am Sydney, Tokyo an hour or 2 later, then thereā€™s Singapore to take in to account which actually has most of the big Finance companies Asian offices inā€¦
So I just use the Alpri +1 midnight as a start and it has always lined up with ICTā€™s version of Asia which is good enough for me. Plus the range at about that time is usally so tight it doesnā€™t really matter especially as far as Pivot calculations are concerned.
The main times Iā€™ve worried about are LO and NY which I get lined up from P4Lclock

Wally

Iā€™m really impressed by how ICTā€™s charts look so clean when he does his analysis - just a couple of S&R lines and a fib or twoā€¦ I suppose it just goes to show how the very basic information we learnt right at the beginning of this journey is really the backbone of trading successfully, the rest is just the icing on the cake :slight_smile:

Exactly. Thatā€™s why it pays off to start at the very beginning if youā€™re new at this (like I am) and take your time to study the material.

I continue to be amazed by how predictable it is yet it is logical given the fact that people start to work at a certain time, go to lunch, come back and go home at certain times. Add this to the necessity of the Big Boyz to drive the market in a particular direction on the day as a function of the even higher TF, and off you go. Itā€™s as simple as that. If you know what to look for to see the footsteps, you just have to follow those. Bigfoot, here I come :wink:

Iā€™m not sure who programmed this, but thanks.
Let me know if you were able to access it, its my first time using this file sharing site:

4shared folder - My 4shared

Im sorry for the slew of questions of my own. I;ve gone through all the material and whatnot but I seem to have a problem still of actually inputting the trade.

All in all, despite it, this is just probability, there is no right nor wrong, just chance which are given due to timeframes and the time of day. Wanting perfection or a perfect trade is futileā€¦correct?

The richest man in Babylon is one of my all time favorites. I read that many years ago.

If you focus on controlling your risk perfectly, as defined by you, then you will have room for errors in your analysisā€¦

Tomorrow London Open is a live session with Michael right?

Iā€™m not aware of this but will join if this is happening. Where did you hear about this ?

sorry for the simplicity of this question, but Im getting myself really confused. When in GMT+2, how would the correct settings for the killzone indicator go?

Kind regads

London Open is 9AM to 11AM in GMT+2 time
New York Open is 2PM to 4PM in GMT+2 time
London Close is 6PM to 8PM in GMT+2 time

So all youā€™ve gotta do is look at the clock in the top left corner of MT4 and set the parameters according to the times above :slight_smile:

Sweet, thanks man!

Hello all,

Can someone please help me with an excel template that will keep track of all my trading activities including calculating my profits in both dollar and pip amounts,my risk in dollar and pip amounts etc.An upload of template will really be appreciated.

Thanks

Little reminder.

Attached is what i am using.
MASTER TRADE SHEET.zip (112 KB)

I just finished reading it yesterday.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have read the first quarter of the book. So far, I love 'it

It is interesting to see that the book was first published in 1926ā€¦ I think we can consider this book as the root of our growing wealth.

Specially when you read newer writer that explain you their concept based on pay yourself first !!!

Cheers,
Buck

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the new thread is up. No longer in newbie island; we graduated!

Ok, but whereā€™s the ā€œbadā€ news? lol
So where is it?
I have been waiting all morning.