What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Pippy, I’ve watched all of first page vids, all youtube’s, and all livestreams within the first 2ish weeks of finding the thread. Did not sift through thread for vids though.
Good stuff.

Do we get cookies? :16:

Sure we get cookies. If we use the info to earn the money to pay for them that is :smiley:

Let me give it a try.
AS should be set from 0000 to 0500 GMT.
Your broker is +2
Set AS to 0200 to 0700 and it should be fine.

Let me know if it works please !

Thanks PippyTheGrt
Not for doing the maths :slight_smile: but for telling me the actual (gmt) settings.
I couldn’t remember what the gmt settings were, so I was getting the wrong answers.
I’ll have to print this somewhere. Time to start making notes.

Simple math. 0 to 8 is GMT. Your Time Zone is GMT+2, therefore convert the asian range to your timezone: 0+2, to 8+2, which is 2.00 to 10.00 your time. I believe ICT sets his asian range settings as 0 to 5, which is 2 to 7 your time.

My pleasure piptronix :18:

You can refer to “Exploring the Asian Range” appr. 08:34 into the video and at appr. 09:41 into the video there’s a picture of me… :29:

Yeehaa…

Thanks swallowtail
I think Pippy has cleared up the confusion for me as well.
As I said, it was the GMT settings I was searching for, which I didn’t make very clear.
I originally did the math exactly as you pointed out above, but as you can see the answers are different to ICT.
So I ended up with an Asian session from 2:00 to 10:00, not very helpful when you are trying to determine the judas :slight_smile:
Thanks once again
(For the record, I was an A student in Maths in high school…ok that was a long time ago…but I can add…seriously. lol)

Lmfao !! Too funny, this :smiley:

PS I believe you. Seriously :40: lol

I was just practicing drawing the Reflection pattern… and look what happened 2 minutes after I drew it.

Voodoo, it’s voooodoooooooo

Sometimes exits are the most important part of your trade… lol

That’s insane, 100+ Asian Range…looks like London Session is going to be wild…

Haha! I was watching that too. Notice how the PA leading into the trade was the big brother of previous day’s action at the same level - consolidation, fall off the table, small retrace, down into reflection entry…up she goes.

As an aside, which indicator are you using to get the price enlarged in the bottom right hand corner?

Regards

This one…

Magnified Market Price.zip (2.33 KB)

Quick question guys - looking at various screenshots and some of ICT’s recent webcasts etc., your fib tools seem set up in a very specific way. I remember one of the earlier videos where ICT took us through his specific fib levels and I set mine up accordingly, but looking at everyone else’s mine looks completely different (and I don’t just mean the colour ;)).

Anyone mind sharing what levels and annotations they may have in their fib tools?

E.g. Akeakamai your fib tool looks beautiful… care to share? :smiley:

Thanks.

Ok lol, this will be shameful… But i begin to suspect that my indicators are off. Now i just want to ask you to step by step help me get in sync with you guys. I saw piptronix is as same as me GMT+2.

• So, my asian range indicator has to be set MT4 start time - 02:00, MT4 end time - 07:00 right?
  • What about PivotDailyMacro indicator? What shifthour should i use?
  • As well as ADR range indicator.
  • Any other advise on indicator time zones!

Thank you for your help because am paranoid right now that its completely off! :confused:

hi guys,

can someone please give me the link for the reflection pattern video

you can find it in the High Probability Price Patterns video.

1 Like

my fib has…

retracement levels: 0.0, 0.500, 0.618, 0.786, 1.000

extension levels: 1.272, 1.618, 2.000, 2.618, 3.618, 4.236

you can label them as you like, and I think if you want extension levels… you have to input Negative values

and to display the price, put in “%$”

You mean you DON’T have the super secret ICT special fib tool yet ???
Just go to the fib properties, fib levels tab and in the description field you type %$ and it will show the price at those fib levels.

I’m using +1 so my Asian session starts at 0 and ends at 6ny midnight, London open 9, ny open 14, London close 17, ny close ‘don’t care’.
Pivots I set GMT 0 or NY midnight -6.
Hope this helps

First post.

• High Probability Price Patterns : View Video

Wally

MCAwally if you’re in GMT+1, Tokyo session opens @ 0100 and ends at 1000 hours !?

Hi Pipjoker
I go through these paranoid moments quite often, you are not alone.
For new york pivots I set the shift hrs parameter to -7, and that matched ict exactly in his last review video.
For GMT pivots it should be -2
Also remember if you are using the kill zones indicator to set all the times to 2 hours ahead.