What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Just to ask if your account currency is other than USD, does it affect much regarding the profit & loss???

It seems the torrents Pippy has uploaded have been removed. :frowning: I have only managed to download the first two (Part 1 - 5), has someone maybe an other link to download the other three parts?

Thanks.

Right then So I am back with two new questions for you.

1. I want to create an excel sheet which pulls in all historical COT Data so I can manipulate it and mess around with it now I have found the compressed files on the CFTC website but for purposes of analysis which report should we look at the options are:-

Disaggregated Futures Only Reports
Disaggregated Futures-and-Options Combined Reports:
Traders in Financial Futures ; Futures Only Reports:.
Traders in Financial Futures ; Futures-and-Options Combined Reports:
Futures Only Reports:
Futures-and-Options Combined Reports:
Commodity Index Trader Supplement:

After delving into a few of them I have noticed that for the most part the specific commodoties are covered seperatley under the different exchanges that they trade in. I am assuming that I need to combine all of the exchanges figure together to get the sum amount for that commodity. e.g. for Euro FX I can see two seperate exchange entries on the reports

1.EURO FX - CHICAGO MERCANTILE EXCHANGE
2.EURO FX - INTERNATIONAL MONETARY MARKET

Im assuming that I need to look at the figures for both of these and add them together to get the total longs shorts etc for the Coms and Non-Coms.

If someone could clarify any of this for me I would appreciate it. I will of course be quite happy to share any results from my research.

Cheers

DT.

Hey DT,

have a look at this:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-87.html#post248099

:57:

I have a CDN account and see zero impact so far with regards to profit/loss when trading the cable.

Thanks Flying Rhino.

This is a great tool! I was looking at producing something similar but glad to be spared the hours of work it would have taken.

Thanks

DT.

This might serve you better than the CFTC website:
Current Commitments of Traders Charts
Just look at BP and EC
Itā€™s got all you need.

Hey guys, start of a new trading week!
Sorry to clutter the thread with this, but Iā€™ve bee through the videos again and again now.
Doing so I feel Iā€™ve got a firm grasp on most concepts, but Market Flow and Market Structure remain still a little unclear.

Could any good soul on here go a little more in detail on these concepts? That would be very helpful.
As I said Iā€™ve watched the videos regarding these two concepts, but my slow brain seems to have problems on those two elements of ICTā€™s toolsā€¦

Thank you and sorry again for taking up unnecessary space with this. Hope you donā€™t mind!
Good trading!

-M-

Hey Martinius,

I am having the same problem. I understand the market flow using the fractals, my trouble is determining the degree of the fractals for the market structure, Short-term, Intermediate-Term, and Long Term. I wish there was more in depth coverage of the market structure.

Am I the only one who missed the market review that ICT tweeted about?
I checked all three threads, nothing.
Checked twitter, even checked the livestream channel (and have noticed that thereā€™s nothing in the libraryā€¦at all)

I donā€™t think he had one.

I am producing it tonightā€¦ I had personal matters prevent me from producing it last night. My apologies folksā€¦

ICTā€™s video on livestream/babypipsinnercircletrader gives a great insight into this very problem, itā€™s the market review video and well worth watching.

Would really love to download the ICT videos on livestream, but I donā€™t see any options or tools that can help me do that?

I know how to download videos from youtube but not from livestream. If anyone know how, please share and let everyone know, thanks.

ICT, will these livestream videos be uploaded to youtube too?

hi guys

i d like to ask anybody for an adviceā€¦
some might remember i am trying to build up a 100 $ account upā€¦to me its about can i grow it or not? if yes,time will serve me,if not neither 50 000 account will help meā€¦down to +15 % now,np,the hard thing is, u cant cut the micro one and let some run:-(,so its either close it all or notā€¦
anyways,here is what i wanted to askā€¦
i just happened to watch my live trade being spiked up by my broker by extra 15 pipsā€¦i assume there was a stack of them,but on my other alpari accountā€¦guess what,no spike :slight_smile:
was planing to move away from this broker but didnt think this soon.
does have anybody experience with dukascopy? few points on them would b greatā€¦or some other reliable broker with good spreads.
alpari is good but i trade more pairs and the spreads are not friendly on some pairs,like NZUSD 6 pips,thx but no thx to thatā€¦

thx a lot

Dukascopy is very reliable broker, but account opening procedure is pain in the ass, especially if you dont have your address and bills written on your name and you will need also certified copy of passport, which is not allowed in some countries, but there are ways how to solve it.

I use IBFX Australia for my testing accounts, where I play with my robots and new strategies. It works well. You can trade as low as $0.01 per pip and there are not limits like minimum TP-SL distance, no problem with hedging etc. They have charts delayed 3 minutes for 1 hour after NY Close, but thats not a problem, I dont think it makes any sense to trade at that time. No broker is perfect.

Very nice ā€œSearch & Destroyā€ trade today on GBP/USD!

Mike - Just wanted to say thanks once again, I just watched the latest market review on livestream and I am still just amazed at how simple these things look when you explain them! :smiley:

Hi guys, Im lookin at the trinnity tool, and have some questions, the price broke out if the trinity in january, so could we expect price to go further down to meet those objectives(100% = 1.49500)?

but in february price moved up and broke out of trinity on the north side, so could we excpect price to move to that objective instead(100% = 1.63500)??

On the other hand, on an extreme long term scale, we are in an OTE now for a long term trade, to go shortā€¦
I cant see any divergence on SMT tool. But if I remember correctly the COT data show large speculators are at a large short position ā€¦

So I have put in a Trade if the price reach 1.58600 again, and will take of 50% (20pips profit)
at 20 pips, and 25% at 1.5829 and the last 25% at the bottom 1.5300ā€¦

What do you guys think, am I on to something here or am I lost? :slight_smile: (In the mean time, Ill keep watching the movies etc, thanks for a great resource guys, and especially ICT!! )

[EDIT]I found out that ICT have a livestream video from yesterday, so Im watching that now, hopefully getting some answers :slight_smile:

And did u know that it would be a S&D day before the day started? It s kinda useless if not.