What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Haha, this can get pretty confusing eh?

Well I just remember that GMT and Japan don’t do the DST thing, so in the summer I move ahead 1 hour relative to those timezones. I moved my GMT (00:00) pivots ahead by 1 hour for this reason.

These past 2 weeks, I moved my LO/LC ahead by 1 hour… but that will go back to normal this week, as London goes onto Daylight Savings like NA again.

For absolute reference, check the time of this post… for me it’s about 12:20 PM. My asian range AND GMT midnight pivots will begin fresh at 6:00 PM my time (in another 5 hrs, 40min). Hope that calibration makes sense :slight_smile:

This might help too: GMT: Greenwich Mean Time - World Time / Time in every Time Zone

It helped me calibrate my GMT tools

ONE MORE THING…
Tokyo session opens at 9am local time, not 8am. They just had to be different :wink:

Take a look at the daily, completely different chart. I understand your comment but the other charts seems reliable too. The reason I am mention it is comming week I expect some fireworks considering last weeks consolidation week (either distribution or accumulation took place). Any crack in correlation between dollar and fiber could provide a hint for short or long (all together with the other tools). So I need a reliable feed on the dollar for my analysis.

Well let’s put it this way, if ICT is using it, it probably works just fine :wink: So I wouldn’t be too concerned :slight_smile:

Hmmm, I’m pretty glad we don’t have DST here :wink: It makes it considerably less confusing, only really have to move each of the sessions once :slight_smile:

The ‘US Dollar Index’ chart on Netdania’s own website seems to be different from netdania’s ‘US Dollar’ chart on dailyfx site.
ICT suggests using the dailyfx chart for smt divergence on dollar, I am trying to use both until I learn how to see the divergence in live time.

Hi all,

Sorry to go off topic, but I wondered if someone could help me out by sharing the ICT indicators.

My PC died on me about a week ago and I have not been able to recover much from it so far.

I would appreciate if someone could help :slight_smile:

Have a great Sunday!

I think I’ve got all in this zip file.
ICT_Indi-stuffv2_2.zip (183 KB)

Wally

All your questions about the dollar index are here What is the Dollar Index? | The U.S. Dollar Index | Learn Forex Trading
As for the difference, I’d stick with one, that you trust and not confuse the issue for yourself.

Wally

i noticed the dif. $x a while ago,Micheal calling great trade confirmed with the div,’‘what?? i c none’’…
since then,i found only //as u said guys//daily fx netdania does the job mostly,what does happen when their special recipe dies?
when i use $X indi provided here with my broker shows the same like ‘‘ltd’’ broker and elsewhere.
i like to know things,but , ok, netdania dailyfx does the job, nothing else we can grasp more about it

I’m dedicating the next few weeks to understanding usdx divergence…

Good ol netdania

I’m still a little iffy with USDX divergence. Correlated pairs I get and see easily. Below we have E/U making lower lows while USDX fails to make higher highs. Does this mean we can expect a reversal?

Edit: Price reversed quite fast about 50 pips on G/U also showing USDX divergence. G/U testing london highs at the moment no correlated pair divergence. Forming what looks like OTE sell signal still not sure about this though…

Well spotted
Lets see what NYO has to offer.
Actually, I see a small climb already

Edit: SMT divergence now showing G/U making higher highs while E/U fails to do so.

I entered long EUR/USD today on positive flow/structure on the HTFs and the Asian session provided a good Judas Swing. Unfortunately, I placed my stop to near (1.3210) and got stopped out before the pair started the rally.

Are you guys usually placing your stops below big figures? I saw good support on 1.3217 and thought 1.3210 would be fine.

Well, tomorrow is a new day. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link, and for the reference by way of the post time. You are absolutely right, Tokyo does open at 9am and your chart times checked out with the clock on my wall this morning (just in case you don’t trust the internet!) I was interested to hear your GMT tools stay on GMT, and are pushed forward as a result. I will have to look into that over the coming weeks.

Cheers
Ali

You certainly had the right idea, so congrats :smiley: The OTE long was just below 1.3200 (using Low on 22/03/2012 to High on 23/03/2012), plus the ADR low was exactly where the rally was triggered from, to the pip! :slight_smile: This all happened 11AM (GMT+2), and at the same time there was a nice divergence on the Netdania chart (5min chart). All so very easy in retrospect! ---- too bad I didn’t trade it! :frowning:

I anticipate the 1.3360 EUR/USD HTF resistance level for a possible OTE to happen during the Asian session or London Open. The sharp rally today was not followed by a corresponding retracement, so I look for a short-term reversal.

I also went long on EU today, a little later at 1.3247 also after noticing the Judas Swing. So far so good, trade still open with 109 pips in the bag

This was my first live trade after studying Michaels concepts, they are the first training material I have read that seems to make sense and fill the blanks, so I would like to say thankyou for sharing your wealth of knowledge

Do you still do the chat room?

I just placed a sell order on my demo account at 1.3360 (figure level) for EUR/USD. To be honest, I think I was hasty as I think the daily range has been more than filled, and the price might not do much until the next London open. The confluences I have near this price are

1. Daily R2 at 1.3350
  2. previous resistance on daily chart at 1.3379 (my stop loss is at 1.3375, any thoughts on this?)
  3. Daily range indicator only has room to go lower, ~60 pips worth
  4. Figure level at 1.3360

Come to think of it, I think this trade was pretty hasty. If someone has something to say about this, I’m all ears (or eyes).

P.S. The sell still didn’t trigger as the price still hasn’t kissed 1.3360… Also, I just realized that 1.3360 is not a figure level… DOH.

There are at least 2 different NetDania US Dollar Index charts —

• the DowJones/FXCM Dollar Index, which you access through dailyFX (an FXCM subsidiary), and

• the USDX Dollar Index, which you access by going directly to NetDania

Here’s the difference.

Dow Jones and FXCM have devised what they believe is a more accurate US dollar index, by essentially measuring the dollar against a different basket of currencies from the standard USDX index.

In each case, the basket of currencies, and the relative weighting of the various currencies, is all public information. You can read Jason Rogers’ very informative explanation of the difference here.

Below are two screen-shots which I made earlier this evening — one of the dailyFX/NetDania chart, and one of the chart provided on the NetDania website.

There should never be any confusion about which chart you are seeing, if the numerical values for the index are shown on the vertical axis. (That’s a big if, because the numbers are frequently omitted when the dollar index is used as an overlay on another price chart.) When the numbers are shown, it’s easy to tell which index is being used: the FXCM/DowJones index numbers are (currently) in the 9,500-10,500 range, whereas the standard USDX index numbers are (currently) in the 75-85 range.

Here is the NetDania Dollar Index chart accessed through dailyFX.

Here is the NetDania Dollar Index chart provided directly by NetDania on their website.