What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

If price goes above the asian range they are technically tripping buy orders and stop orders…

If price goes below the asian range they are technically tripping sell orders and stop orders…

During the asian range they are trying to get as many people on the wrong side of the trade as they can before making their big move…

So the Judas is actually saying the same thing as the asian range video, both trying to fake out as many traders as they can…

Hope this clears it up and I hope I explained it correctly…

thanks PIPhanger. i understand about the judas swing. how about the asian range?? because ICT mentioned the asian range as if the open price is higher then then the closing price it will be a downtrend???

Awesome! Thanks Wally.

Here you go an XAUUSD + mq4 and a gold/aud index with mq4 injoy.

XagUsd+source.zip

Wally

Thanks, Good Job!
:18:

Flying Rhino,

Could you post that excel converted file and I will fix the forumala’s etc. I can’t open your numbers file it seems.

I’ll be happy to post the finished product once completed.

Cheers

DT.

I really dont understand why all the computer experts just want to convert a apple file to a excel file. With your knowledge, isnt it much quicker just rewrite the file using excel? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Are you kidding, it’s a thing of beauty. Have a look at the clickable picture here 301 Moved Permanently
I think there’s a big line up of people here who would luv to get a workable copy of this, I know I would :slight_smile:

Wally

I know I would I am working on trying to rewrite it but my skills on excel suck at best lol. Hope someone comes out with it as I would love to have this working

So far - nuthin’ special for me - however that is because I don’t make the time needed - shame on me; I just find it pretty difficult for the 9 to 5’er and family - and try to be up for several hours in the weeeeeeeee morning hours.

Not trying to lead you astray, but I suggest looking for some strategies that have you trade off the 4hr - daily timeframes. Will help give you piece of mind, and ict’s concepts of weekly and monthly highs/lows and support and resistance, etc. are universal, you can make it easier on yourself.

Really nice worksheet.
In the line up hoping for a excel working version as well.

I’m currently studying market structure on my charts, would you guys agree that this is an intermediate-term low?

A little piece of homework from ICT tonight; find 2 Intermediate Term Highs (ITH) and count the difference in bars. Multiply this number by 1.28, 1.62 and 2 respectively. Draw a fib from your most recent ITH to the last ITL. Whatever answers you get from the multiplications enter them as values into your fib and just look where those values cross. Here’s an example;

I know the feeling…it is quite difficult with 9 to 5 and a family. I have the same prob, but after moments of depression, struggling to understand concepts and trying to get life back… I step back, said to myself that life is simple/beautiful and right know I am trying to do baby steps coz i know that this markets is endless. Thus, like a turtle I have begun my journey with ICT’s videos (although I am still confused with so many videos and concepts) and waiting the moment of freedom.

[B]Bear or Bull?[/B]

Having watched the available videos a few times one of the concepts I am struggling with is seeing which direction the market is heading. i.e. should I be looking for short or long entries.

Can someone explain or point me to something I can read/watch that help explain this?
Looking at the GBP/USD or EUR/USD daily charts I would almost say they have been ranging since 27 Jan. and so are neither bear nor bull, however I keep reading posts where people are either bearish or bullish. And I would also think it’s good to start the week/day with a directional bias.

So… how do I get my daily bias? What’s your bias for today and how have you arrived at that conclusion?

Hi Nitsuj,

I’m no expert, but here’s how I attempt to find my bias.

I look at the higher timeframes (weekly & daily) to see where we are in relation to previous waves formed by price, sometimes it’s easy to see if we are in a trend or not simply by this observation, sometimes like now for instance, it isn’t. Then I turn to Fib’s in relation to retracement of waves and extensions of previous waves.

Right now in both E/U & G/U both have had good upside trends, but are looking like they may be turning, this is based off the fact that most recent days have not breached the highs made last week, and if they have, they have been brought back into range. Moreover, shorts have also been brought back up into range. So you see, contradictory information for me, but I am slowly coming round to them returning back down soon as I see more and more weakness coming into these markets by the fact of now seeing lower highs and increasing supply wicks on the tops of candles etc.

When the big guys have beaten it out of the market, we shall see, but for now it’s more of waiting time or taking small positional scalps either long or short when you see an opportunity.

Finally, you have to make up your own mind using ICT’s methods and overall if in doubt-stay out!

Hope this helps.

See ICT’s tweet this afternoon re USDX divergence and fiber - then look what is following - ICT tools in action.

easier to see the divergence on the 15min

Many may not agree with me but I only use the 4hr market flow to determine my bias looking for trade opportunities within each kill zone. It may seem too simplistic but works very well for me.

I suggest you look at different criterias (market flow, market structure, various timeframes, etc) and study historical data thoroughly to see if your determined bias would be profitable or not based on possible trade opportunities within each kill zones. If your results are not profitable and reasonably consistent, try to analyze why and look for patterns and clues. Do this exercise again until things start to click and you will become confident about the criterias you established for yourself.

Doing this will also provide you with a lot of chart time experience and you will start seeing certain patterns and trade opportunities repeating themselves.

Hi piptripper,

Thanks for the answer. I get the feeling that the market is just bouncing around a lot at the moment, and that’s why it’s hard to have a bias. But I’ll keep an eye on the fit retracements and extensions.

For me having a bias seams to be the most fundamental requirements before entering a trade, or even looking for an OTE. How can I enter a trade at a Support level, if I’m not sure it’ll turn to resistance at the next retest? That’s why I have the feeling I’ve missed something that’s totally obvious.

But other then pulling together the various bits of info out of all the videos, there does not seam to be an ‘overview’ video about understanding the current market. e.g. because of x,y and z we are in a bull market, signals that this maybe coming to an end are a and b, continuation is often signalled by d or e.
The only video I sound slightly useful in this respect was the one with the 2 moving averages.

Have I repeatedly missed a video? Or is this market bias simply less important then I’m making it out to be?