What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hi, Oasis!
I’m a newbie in Forex. And it’s really very difficult to understand which news makes strong influence and which not. I use FX factory calendar and it helps me a lot too. But also I can advise you to use in your trading this economic calendar:[B]forexpros.Economic Calendar[/B] It often shows news which is not shown in FX factory calendar and on the contrary. These two calendars complete each other. I also noticed that it happens so that news which was considered to be not important made a strong influence on a trading process. And it also happens, like yerstaday, there was no news, but EUR went to downtrend. If you have more resources you’ll be more informed, hence you’ll have success. As for television I never heard about ICT, unfortunatelly. Can you tell me smt about it, pls? As for me, I use[B] Bloomberg Television: Live TV - Bloomberg[/B]. A very good one, I suppose.
Guys, and what about forex radio? Maybe, somebody can advise good forex radio forecasts?
Thanks

Thank Flying Rhino.

I’ve been working on this today and have almost finished it. I hope to have it uploaded here later today. Alhtough it may be tomorrow as I will have to go out shortly.

Here you go :slight_smile:

ForEx.zip (38.8 KB)

Here’s the complete collection I have.

ICT_Indi-stuffv2_2.zip (183 KB)

Allan may I ask why in that collection the Asian session is 0->8 gmt instead of 0->5 ?

Thx

I think I just answered your question in the other thread. I didn’t write the indi but I imagine it’s just to show you what the Asian range roughly is in GMT, as I said in the other thread if your MT4 server is not in GMT you will need to adjust the hours to reflect this.

Yes thank you and sorry for the double post! :smiley:

RIGHT THEN!

So here is the link for the Trade Master Spreadsheet.

The essence of it is the same as the original although I had to change a couple of things very slightly to get them to work.

In the compressed file there are two versions of the spreadsheet.

1. Saved as an Excel 2007 file (this is what it is optimised for and I have done a fiar amount of testing on it so there should be no problem)
  2. Saved as an Excel 1997 - 2003 file - you may notice a couple of issues when using this file as I was unable to test it as my old laptop (which had older version of excel on it) met an untimley death a couple of weeks ago.

On the last tab there is the cool border which you can copy and paste onto the main trade sheet, but as people’s resolutions may effect this I have left it for you to do it if you so wish.

There are a few instructions on the front page I would ask you to read before you enter any data to ensure that you use it correctly.

Also if you are wondering what data goes where take a look at the jpeg file included in the compressed file it should all become clear.

Hope you find this useful and if there are any issues then please send me an email (address in on front page of sheet) and I will modify it as soon as possible. Just try not to clog up this thread with posts about fixing the sheet.

TradeMaster Excel.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Cheers

DT.

I’m not sure anyone in the “crew” noticed this… or at least I haven’t seen a reply… aside from the likes.

I guess that’s a Forum Access recertification lol

:57:

Just a note to say thank you… for making this thread such a popular resource on the net. I appreciate the votes in our poll and I understand I won’t answer it all for everyone. Hopefully, those who didn’t get what they hoped for will find what they are looking for and arrive at consistency as well.

I appreciate the likes on the first post of this thread as well… and if you some how not noticed… there is a collection of informative videos on that first page folks… I get emails still from folks looking for links. :slight_smile: too funny

Any way folks… I just wanted to say thank you and hopefully we make even greater strides in Professional Trader Development and you realized aspiration… profitable Forex Trading!

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

1 Like

In 2008, my first full year of forex trading, I recorded 7 months of consistent gains. For years I have tried to find that consistency again. The longest string of winning months since then has been 3 months in a row. There aren’t words to describe how frustrating that is. It’s been like quicksand… the harder I tried to rekindle that consistency, the harder I fell on my face!

[I]But this year is different.[/I] I will blow that 7 month run out of the water!

Michael, Thank YOU for giving me the opportunity to do it :wink:

I am right, isnt it? our computer experts can write a good excel file. Just kidding. :10:.

Congratulations DT! I have input several of my trades in the file and it works very well. However, I wonder if you could add a column for commision charge. In addition, my account is gbp, not usd, i dont know how convenient to change a default type of account from a usd to a foreighn one in the file.

Cheers,

Hi newbabyfxx

You should be able to use the swap column to input any commision charges incurred for the time being… I will look at adding a seperate column for this but I am away on holiday for a week so you may to wait for it if you don’t mind. As for the home currency I also trade in GBP all you need to do is unprotect the sheet and change any $ symbols you see to £ and reprotect the sheet.

If you are using Excel 2007 onwards you can unprotect the sheet by going to the review tab and clicking unprotect sheet. Once you are finished you can then click the same button again to lock it so you don’t accidentally type over any formulas.

Cheers.

DT.

Thanks, DT. It’s a solution using the swap column for the commisions and based on this, the swap could also be used for adjust the difference of rate changes which may affect the balance. :slight_smile:

Could it be possible to connect the pairs and set of pips in the “gain pips” and “loss pips” columns? I mean there are three types of pip calculation in the common forex sets: gu,eu,au,nu,ucad,eg … as one group that price times a factor of 10,000 is pips, while the amount of pips of aj,ej,gj,uj,uchf is calculated by price times 100, and xu by price times 10. One way to do it is manually by multiplying the price with the relative factors as input price, which is a little bit unprofessional-look.

cheers, :slight_smile:

Thanks for doing this.

I put this in the other ICT forum but also wanted to post here. Here’s a very interesting and important article regarding your trade risk and possibility of ruin. This is a great read for anyone who is confused on how much you should risk per trade and what type of “win” rate you need to prevent account destruction.

The Risk of Ruin Tables You Should Know | 2nd Skies Forex

its hard to learn the game but this demonstrates to me why this isnt gambling to me, because you can seek better payouts, and if you let your winners run quite amazing stuff. You could actually lose 80% of the time and survive in this game if you know the right money management lol. I dare someone to try to be wrong that much on a demo; might be a good learning experience.

Hi DT,

geat work, thanx for your help.

That’s what i planned this column for (the bold text)…all commissions, fees, other kinds of duties you have to pay.

Regarding the account currency…I thought about that aswell b/c my account is €.
For all xxx/USD pairs the pip value is calculated in US$.
If you trade EUR/USD only it is easy to calculate everything in € b/c the values you enter are the correct exchange rate already.
The same can be said for a £ account if you trade GBP/USD.
But if you trade more than that one pair it gets a little trickier.

If your account is € and you trade GBP/USD you have to find out what the correct EUR/USD exchange rate was at the moment of your SL or TP. You have to add calculations and columns for that.
And if you trade lots of different pairs…CAD/JPY, EUR/NZD, GBP/CHF, USD/SEK etc…well you need exchange rates for all of these to calculate your win/loss in €.

If you change only the $ symbols to £ or whatever, that doesn’t change the account currency. You change the [B]symbol only[/B] nothing else b/c the pip values are still US$ (for xxx/USD pairs).

That’s the reason why the original spreadsheet was created for US$ accounts. The whole exchange-rate-calculation-thing was way to complicated for me.

But the spreadsheet will show your overall performance and your weak points anyway, independent of your account currency.

:57:

yes i understood the exchange rate is complicate. Maybe we can use baby pips position size calculator to get the £ (or only currency) per pip, then use the swap to adjust the minor difference is practically easier. Though it would be nice to be able to calculate pips from different pair exchange (one option maybe code pair groups to 1, to, 3, then multiply the price with relative factor, just add 3 more “if” function?).

By apply DT’s excel2007 files, the best I could produce is the following printout, similar to the original, but not quite that perfect. The first contains some trade data, the second is a continuation in case there are several pages. The price has to be amplified by 100 times for the pair i used (aj) at the moment to make pips correct. Need more team work to make it perfect. :slight_smile:

maybe a pdf file is more clearer.

Millionaire Traders Guild - Trade Master 1.3.1 Excel 2007-baners.pdf (881 KB)

p.s including the excel file has not been successful

Hi guys.

Newbabyffx is the issue where you place the decimal point eg you want yen pairs to be inputted on the sheet as 105.55 and you want USD pairs to be put on as 1.6025? And for the pip calculation to work?

in theory I reckon I could do that. But I’m not going to be at my computer for 10 days as I’m on holiday now.

In the mean time the solution is to input all prices as a whole number so the above would be inputted as 10555 and 16025 this should then calculate correctly. If your broker uses a 5th decimal place then you can include this after decimal point on the sheet. Eg 16025.7.

Also you can see that I changed the lot size column on the original to a £per point so that any pair can be traded using the sheet. You would gave to work out the exchange rate but I reckon I could create a separate sheet which you could use to calculate this on. Again this would have to wait until I come back.

I would also suggest that the swap column is renamed to adjustments and the that can be used universally as and when an amendment was needed.

This is flying rhino’s baby really. I am more than happy to fiddle around with it but this excel sheet was based on his excellent work for Mac numbers so I would like his approval to mess around with it before doing so.

The other thing is that I an conscious about clogging up this thread with technical stuff about excel so could I suggest that we continue our discussion on a delegate thread and have that linked from here so we don’t take any value away from this thread? Flying rhino, if you agree maybe you could set one up and I’ll have a post on there which acts ad version control / history for the excel files? Obviously any requests for development of the sheet can be posted on there?

Just a thought.

Regards.

DT.

PS sorry for spelling. I’m on my iPhone.