What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

As price breaches these points, Market Flow is not changed until [U]the contrary Swing High or Low is breached[/U]?

Speaking of [I]contrary[/I], does it refer to the " points "?

If someone could explain.

I would suggest you start here before even trying to understand these concepts. Learn candle formations if you cant see what the charts is telling you.

School of Pipsology

Market Flow

I just want to be sure I have understood what ICT was explaining regarding Market flow in the recent video.

As I understood it, when a previous swing is broken then the flow could change. So with GBP/USD the recent flow (based on a 4H chart) would have been:

Before 3. Apr: Buy
From 3. Apr: Sell
From 9. Apr: Buy
From 10 Apr: Sell
And since this morning Buy

Red down is change to sell and Green up arrow is change to Buy.

Could someone please let me know if that is correct. OR if Iā€™m doing it all wrongā€¦

You are right. Gl with it :slight_smile:

Hey chaps,

ICTā€™s last market review reminded me that I have an indicator that could be useful to someone, so Iā€™m sharing it:

It is very easy even for a newbie to determine the market flow with this indi. What it does? marks a dotted lines from where fractal (swing low or high) is formed and stops where next fractal in same direction is formed.
This on the screenshot is my ā€˜ā€˜market flow and structureā€™ā€™ template which simply have plotted the above mentioned indi (ā€™ā€˜Fractal S and Rā€™ā€™) + fractals indi (from mt4) + ā€˜ā€˜market structureā€™ā€™ indi posted back in this threadā€¦

Quick tip for helping your Top-Down Analysis: as swing lows and highs are formed on key reversal levels by definition (where fractal is formed), if one simply put horizontal lines over these dotted lines on higher time frames (M1, W1, D1, 4H, etc), will actually have pretty accurate S&R levels to watchā€¦ if that make sense.

p.s. will be cool if Michael approve and put this indi in the resource library on first page.

p.p.s. talking of the fractal indicator, I have modified one which colours differently the fractal arrows on every time frame (in case anyone need that function). I think was called ā€˜ā€˜Fractalzā€™ā€™ so Google it or Iā€™ll post it here.

cheers, Nick

:41:

Fractal S and R.zip (863 Bytes)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing the indicator. Do you maybe have the indicator availaible that is showing the Market Flow direction text in the lower left side of your chart?

was posted again a week or two ago in some of the three ICT threads, anyway here it is

MantaMarketFlow.zip (37 KB)

cheers nick

Podz

Folks, if you didnā€™t already know Chris Loriā€¦ the only guy in Forex Mentorship I actually trust and respect enough to give a nod toā€¦ is holding a free webinar tonight 8:30pm - 10:30pm. Naturally, you will be offered a product and or service and thatā€™s not what Iā€™m trying to sell youā€¦ but the opportunity to sit live with another Pro Trader & Fund Manager is a treat when you can do it for free. He will be joined by another speaker as wellā€¦ I know little to nothing aside from her name. I will be there tonightā€¦ might be insightful!

Register free here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/590305730

Pretty easy huh? :slight_smile:

Now the crucial part to Market Flow is the understanding it is a ā€œTrendā€ or Swing" direction toolā€¦ if we are in a chop or range bound conditionā€¦ it can and will likely burn you up. Rely on it in the proper Market Profile and it will serve you wellā€¦ when we are in consolidations and rangesā€¦ use Pivots, SMT and Type 1 Divergence. These will aid you in non-trending Profiles.

GLGT :57:

Thanks for that, I think I understand how to identify market flow.

Looking at whatā€™s happening at the moment (cable) are we in a chopping/range bound market? Is there a way of defining when its Trending and when its Ranging?

Hope you donā€™t mind me throwing a broker related question in hereā€¦

I use Forex ltd demo for analysis and my hotforex demo account for tradingā€¦

Several times I noticed the differences in price feeds, which Iā€™m sure are normal between brokersā€¦ but how many pips in difference would be acceptable- where is the thin line between ā€œacceptableā€ and " to hell with you broker!" ?
very interested in your thoughts!

(i mean to show the difference in price feeds hereā€¦ but in case someone is wondering why i would trade 2 correlated pairsā€¦ I thought Iā€™ll give this a try and split my lot size in half and trade both pairs with half the lot size eachā€¦ because I tend to choose the pair that doesnā€™t move at all or less - just like I choose the longest cue at the grocery storeā€¦ its a curse;) so hence me trying it this way and see where it takes meā€¦ and YES I know my fiber limit sell order wasnā€™t triggered by 3 pipettesā€¦ :wink: this would maybe really piss me off if I was liveā€¦but on demo I can swallow that just fine;))

happy hunting
fredy;)

Edit:
I start to realize that not triggering the pair that will actually move ( by 3 pipettes on the HotForex feed) would be a simple way of the ā€œcurseā€ to keep going;) so maybe it wonā€™t make a difference for me to enter both pairs hahahahaha
I guess my psychology can eventually only get tougher/better with these things happening;)

maybe it will still move in my direction eventually;) this trading day still has a few sessions leftā€¦

edit2: got stopped out in the hotforex feed, while on my forex LTD feed Iā€™d still be happy and aliveā€¦ I seriously need to reconsider brokers before I ever go liveā€¦ (by the wayā€¦ I also have other issues with themā€¦ and just had about enoughā€¦)

I might stop trading for this weekā€¦ been a losing streak ā€¦ maybe next week my mind is clearer;) cheers

edit 3: by the wayā€¦ I donā€™t want to blame a broker for my mistakesā€¦ and I apologize if this post sounded like just thatā€¦ my hard feelings towards hotforex is based on other issues I have with them (like my Emails that didnā€™t get a response for more than 4 month nowā€¦ donā€™t feel comfortable to let them hang on to my moneyā€¦) so I will try some other brokersā€¦ however, Iā€™d really be interested if you guys feel that a 10-15 pips difference in price feeds is acceptable?

just finished watching the recording of the last live sessionā€¦ I really think I need to take the 1 shot 1 kill mentality to heart!
another thing I noticed is that the organizing of my notes is everything but perfectā€¦ I actually noted the price levels for the 1 shot 1 kill swing of friday all the way back on the previous saturdayā€¦ (found them 3 pages back in my notesā€¦ they donā€™t really help back there! need to make sure those levels are in front of my nose at all time;))

looking forward to the upcoming weeks
happy hunting!

Well I have found when in range bound markets the weekly traders trinity works great. Not so well for trending markets. So along with what ICT just stated divergence, pivots and all traders trinity tool can be a golden nugget to add in the mix aswell :53:

Hello all. I have just started to learn the ICT techniques. Took a demo trade today on fibre and bagged 60 pips. I just wanted to know if im doing it the right way.

Long Entry at 1.3116 n Exited at 1.3176( cross mark).
Reasons for Entry:

1. OTE ( Not sure if i had done it the right way )
  2. Price could not break the monthly support ( Blue color line )
  3. In the H4 and D TF, After the indecisive candles at the physc n support level 1.3000, bullish candle formed signaling there might be a bullish trend for a while.

P.S - I was looking at the Daily n H4 bias and putting down the OTE for taking the trades ( either long or short ). Im not going for the counter trades. Does anyone here conter trade often ?

To my understand, the market flow of gold (XAU/USD) is: 1H up; 4H up; 1D down. But the Manta indicator shown that 1H, 4H and 1D all down trend. The chart is included. could anyone help me to sort out my problem?:7:

Cheers, :19:

1H

4H

1D

I just wanted to express how grateful I am for Michael doing what he does for us. I am tirelessly studying the ICT lessons every day, and for the first time in a long time, I feel good about the future. No matter what happens in the short run, I feel that applying a laser-like focus on Michaelā€™s lessons and trading accordingly will yield great results in the long run. Every day is a new day of discovery for me now, and itā€™s all building up toward something better and brighter.

Thank you Michael!

There is a small bug in Manta indi. If you get really large candle over 2 opposite fractals, then it shows wrong MF direction. It is not important at all. I dont plan to fix this bug, because I dont trade FX anymore and MF is so basic thing, that you dont really need any indi to see this.

hi guys, i have watched some of the videos and found them very helpful.
right now i am looking for infos on how i find the best exit or manage a trade.
are there any videos specificly for that from ICT.
thx

The videos will always give a good source of information and it is for us to be able to find such types of videos contents.

I think that in order to find use the YouTube.

Guys, does any of you have a editable version for trinitiyā€™s?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile: