What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Been puppin’ trying to squeeze pipjuice outta my hardware, dusting my speakers and hustling @ the street corner trading zizgagrizla!!! How tha F**k is you doing?

Happy trading y’all (<-insert GLGT and keep tha course longhorn)

Hello Traders here is a video highlighting the tools and applications in action on two swing trades I was in today.

Hope this is helpful and inspiring for the aspiring :slight_smile:

GLGT!

ICT Swing Trade Video Review

I might have missed it but how did you figure your profit targets?

I use a number of methods that hopefully agree or come very close to the same targets. I use Time & Price Theory, Fibs, Day Range, Price Projections, all of which will be covered in the Targets video portion. :wink:

GLGT~

Folks, return to the first post of this thread and view it…

GLGT~

Hello, Michael

Thanks for the great video.

I took the same GU trade that you did (early Tuesday), and I’m pumped! — because my analysis of that short opportunity matched yours so closely (S/R level, bear-flag, etc.).

My entry and exit were not as good as yours: you entered short at 1.5918. I entered too early, got stopped out in the chopping and churning that occurred between 4:30am and 8:30am, and got back in too late; so, my final entry was short at 1.5876.

Like you, I exited manually, when I saw that my downside target wasn’t going to be hit. You covered at 1.5805.
I covered at 1.5816.

I know I can improve my entries and exits. That doesn’t even worry me. What has me pumped is your confirmation that I had the trade analyzed correctly. Thanks, again.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

:slight_smile: Awesome!!!

I love reading these… kudos and thank you as well.

GLGT~

Another great video, happy Thanksgiving!

great video ICT, I feel so lucky to have found an opportunity to learn from an experienced forex pro such as yourself right at the beginning of my forex journey. Hopefully, this may mean that I might be able to cut down on the usual learning curve by avoiding the indicator crazy phase altogether.

I did have a question from your latest video…you say:

“On the long side, when a market falls down to a prior low it is more significant than when the market falls down to a prior high” and the reverse for shorts. Can you please elaborate I didn’t quite understand.

Thanks ICT for the videos!

Just like all other beginners out there I’ve lost $200. Still on the game though. I’m currently with a new broker now, Lucrorfx New Zealand broker… Have you heard of them? They’re on MT4 platform. I just have one question though is a 5 minute TF fine for a beginner?

Sorry I don’t really get what part you don’t understand …the scenario being described, or what the significance between them is…or both…lol. I don’t really understand the signficance yet either, so can’t help you there, but I can explain the scenarios…pls disregard tho if you do as others may not.

When price falls down to a prior low (support), that means it’s testing the strength of that support and a good place to go long…when price falls down to a prior high, it means price broke up through a previous high (resistance) and is falling back down (pullback) to test whether that prior high resistance will now turn into support, and is now a good place to go long.

The reverse is true for short orders when price is rising to test a prior high (resistance) or rising (pullback) to test a broken support as new resistance.

The only reason I can think of for the significance would be when prior highs and lows hold it might indicate a range market condition, where testing broken support/resistance as new resistance/support could indicate a trend condition :confused:

Basically what ICT is saying, is that if your are looking for a long, previous support levels are MORE significant than the previous resistance levels - that is, previous support levels act better as support levels than they do resistance levels, while previous resistance levels act better as resistance than support.

So, when price is trading down to a level previously tested as support (basically a swing low in price, or a low with 2 higher highs on either side of it), it is a better indication to go long, than if price is trading down to a level previously tested as resistance (or a swing high, which is a high with 2 higher highs on either side).

Inversely, when price is trading up to a level previously tested as resistance, it is a better indication to go short, than if price is trading up to a level previously tested as support

does this clear things up? If not I can always throw together a diagram in paint or something.

Also - to answer the question of WHY it’s significant:

Markets spend 75% or more of their time range-bound (that is, they aren’t making significantly higher highs, or lower lows). The reason that previous support levels are MORE significant than previous resistance levels when going long, is that once the support level is reached, the market will tend to move back into its range, as opposed to continuing downward with a breakout, whereas if price is testing a previously established high, it means price has already broken out, and it is more likely to retrace downwards back into its range, than it is to continue upwards with the breakout.

Again, I hope this makes sense - I’ve been chipping away at my mountain of coursework all day and my brain is starting to turn off.

So could it be said then that it is the difference between a proven and an unproven level…prior S&R is proven and perhaps more reliable, but when it reverses and becomes the other, it is unproven and less reliable…as in riskier?

Check the edit in my previous post Sweet Pip - I think (hope) I explained it fairly well there. If not, I’ll throw something together in paint.

Ok, good…sounds like my thoughts are in line with yours :slight_smile:

I missed ya in chat cause I was watching the videos and I guess it kicked me out…now it won’t let me back in :(…just as well as it’s bedtime and I spent the last couple of nights in there a little later than I should have and I’m sooooo tired plus I have to get up super early to take the car to the shop before work for repairs. Will try again tomorrow night instead…good night :slight_smile:

No worries - the chatroom has been known to die on occasion, it’s happening to me as well.

Anyway, great work on the video ICT - I’m glad we’re getting into the nitty gritty now!

I think I understand what you are saying. Basically say a breakout occurs towards long and as it retraces back it is more likely to bounce at the previous support than the resistance it just broke. can you looked at the attached pic? :slight_smile:

Thanks, this clears it up :). Do you agree with the attached pic?

Hello Eric:

You are quite welcome… it’s my pleasure to share.

I have not heard of the broker you mentioned in your post… I do not recommend brokers so this is something you will have to research and determine on your own which to trade through.

I would advise you to stay away from the short term charts under 60 minutes if you are new to trading. The lore of 5 minute charts attract new traders as my videos illustrate and unfortunately this leads to losing money and losing it fast. If you are not sure what you are doing and as new to trading as you say… what makes you think the answers lie in the 5 minute charts? There is a lot of noise, that can throw a Trader off, if they are not focused on Key Long Term Support and Resistance levels… then 5 minute charts become valuable… much like any timeframe would… with the proper perspective.

Hope that helps…

GLGT~

I edited two errors in the description of the Swing Highs and Lows in your response to Mozdef inquiry… aside from that… I am in agreement with this explaination… WTG. :cool:

As an example that would correct. :wink: