What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Is that his desk though?

I assume so, but not for sure, doesnā€™t look like the correct chart setup and he did mention he had 10 monitors which this is only showing 8.

Then again I donā€™t think he would put his name and logo on someone elses pictureā€¦

??? ICT SPEAK UP!!!..lol

If you count the tablet and laptop there is 10 screens.

I was just about to say that. Also I am not sure which the tab or the laptop but one of those are what he uses for this thread. If I remember him saying that somewhere. Not the 10 screens but the laptop so hackers could kiss his A$$. He said it nicer but I am not very nice so I put it in my own words. I have 6 screens plus a wide screen but I dont even use it. I dont watch many pairs so I find it more a hindrance than anything else. I do trade some stocks and bonds but those are longer term and I have no need for that much stuff. I find myself missing more as I try to walk away from it to play with my kids and watch movies where my lap top I can bring with me and set off to the side. For me it works. I am part time and trade larger time frames with exact entires on lower time frames. Watching only a few pairs and really only trading 1 there is no need for the rest of everything. Another monitor might be set up for babypips and facebook poker, along with a drag racing game I have thats live also (sorry dont remember the name as I type this) oh wait thats what the start menu is for lol street challange extreme velocity 2.0 if anyone here like drag racing. You will beat me as I suck at racing with a mouse lol. ICT is a lot more deeper than I (no surprise I am sure) but for me 1 screen with how I trade is plenty. Like I said I trade off higher time frames. So unless price move real fast they dont change that much that fast. So I dont have the need to waste the power. At least not it this stage of my trading. Not that they waste much power thats just an excuse. But I dont tends to hurt me more then help. I see a setup a stalk it. Well with that many screens watching the same pair I tend to over Analise it entry and miss a trade or talk my self into one that I would not have took. Remember that many charts in front of you will not help if you have an issue with over trading. And honestly when I did I had one play music videos one on here, another on facebook poker, another with my trade log (handy), The last 2 1 had longer term time frames along with my trade plattform, the last had shorter term timeframes. So why with ICT teachings you dont need all that. Not if you stalk your setup. You see it coming along ways in advance. You know when its getting close. The one chart will show you whats going on. If you are the type that flip open charts and open positions then you dont need that many either. You will place a trade no matter what. More screens can maybe help or hurt you because you have a bigger problem than screens. However that your problem and I hope you figure it out. Other than that It is nice to have. I got to ask though how do you all do it. For me to have my 6 screen I had 2 desktops each with 2 screens. Then my laptop hooked to another screen. Hard to trade with that much crap in front of you. That might have been my problem buts thats all the equipment can do. Unless I am missing something that I am sure I am (not a computer guy). Let me know what I am doing wrong as I said it was nice but I didnt see the point.

Also FXtradercro thanks for the link I guess I got to go back and read this thread again. Some of those indicators I am staring at and drawing a blank as to what they are. I also have not tossed them on my mt4 so maybe that may rejog my memory. Anyhow thanks I have most but the few might help. Always helps to have more tools. As long as I know what they are lol.

Sorry guys as this is off topic but it was mentioned and I thought I would add my 2 pips. Especially since I missed my short on the Aussie today. Sucks but it is what it is. All part of being a part time trader you have to be able to accept it. Finally took a long position. Yeah I know I only see things going down so I only short. Well I seen my account balance go down last week if that counts. Also that push down put us in the buy zone of traders trinity (barely), Weekly S1 pivot and ote from last weeks high to low. Which was last weeks swing. By the way ICT might get a chuckle the reversal to push higher happened on a tueday lol. You called it months ago. Aussie is not listening to me lately as far as weekly sift in momentum on tuesday and daily move of the day happening at Asia open. Not a biggie could be signaling the Aussie my be getting back to normal. Or maybe not either way little push up at weeks open then strong move down coming into tuesday :wink: as price seems to have hit a wall at a institutional level 1.0300 that has held very well lately. However could be a bearflag setting up if it is I will be stopped at .5%. Means not a good week to go long on the Aussie lol. Looks to be a bear trap for now as the short I am stalking is at 1.0600 as that is OTE from the down swing on the daily. I just dont see price making it there this week. Maybe next week guess we will see. But whatever I seem to be talking myself out of my trade as I keep looking at these charts to type this (extra screens can help or hurt here). So I am out for now up 5 pips right now lol. One good thing though is even if this is a judas or bear trap to move down I will probably get out alive and with profit so it is what it is. Good nite all. I got a fancy indicators to play with and videos to watch that relate to these indicators that I never knew existed lol. Wow guess I brought this back on topic by saying sorry. Later catch me on call of duty 4 on my ps3 if anyone wants to get shot lol (no I suck just got it)

Just got CoD4? Little late arenā€™t you? MW2, Black Ops, and MW3 were all released after CoD4 LOL plus the game is hacked have you ran into people flying around the map or glitched under sniping everyone in the lobby yet? How about neon colored lobbies? Not to mention Black Ops two is hitting stores in November. Anyways I hope you have fun with it even if it is older. Can develop into an addiction though donā€™t let it cut into your trading time.

Equilibrium

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the GMT times for the NY kill zone, is it 1 hour either side of the of the actual session open i.e. 11:00
to 13:00? I have been through videos but must have missed the exact timings.

Thanks in advance.

Hereā€™s a recent post from the other thread ā€” 301 Moved Permanently

Also note that you can, if you choose, expand any of the Kill Zones to suit your own style. For example, you could expand the New York Open Kill Zone to 10:30-13:00, or 10:30-13:30, or just about any other times that bracket the New York Open (12:00 GMT).

I am always behind the times lol. Hell I just got the ps3 and if I catch you flying around on my maps we are going to have problems. Might get black ops 2 when it comes out but we will see. Since my 3 year old learned that black box has youtube and youtube has monster truck videos I will probably never get to play anything on it ever again lol.

nasa we have lift off!

Iā€™ve always wondered what the need is for excessive screens? I figured if I canā€™t be profitable with 1, 3-4-5 sure arenā€™t going to help at all.

Iā€™ve also had the pleasure of hanging out on a large trading floor for an afternoon, and even the big boys have MAX 3 screens. 2 for charting, and 1 as a Bloomberg News terminal.

But hey, multiple screen set ups do have a pretty hi LCF.

This thread needs to remain on the first page :slight_smile:

I think this thread should be closed and continued only on ICT Traderā€™s Guild thread. I donā€™t see the use for 2 separate threads. This should be a closed ā€œlearning bookā€ and the other the practice course. :slight_smile:

I would agree but unless it is pined to the first page then it would disappear in pages of threads and would be a pain to find again.

ā€¦I save all the relevant threads as favourites then its just one click away

You my friend are a genius. way under paid for what you do

i detect some sarcasm lol, i should get a raise!

P.S I agree about closing this thread and continuing on the new thread

Vote count at 540 with only 13 negatives - the positives are still rising.

I am loving this! Thanks ICT for the time youā€™ve put in. Amazing job.

I have a few goodies for this threadā€¦ not posting them until we see 1,000,000 views. Then I will request Babypips to close it for good. I think that milestone, the content, the overall value of the pages should equate to a ā€œStickyā€ candidate.

Until thenā€¦ leave your mark in history dailyā€¦ as we march to 1 Million views :57: