What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

HI elfrip, I downloaded Alpari’s mt4. I don’t see the stock info on it. Did I download the wrong version or something?

Thanks in advance.

heya,

I’m not sure about Alpari, i use Avafx. Anyway, Kubio posted it has stock indexes on it last time he used it.

right taken another trade…trade 2 on the fibre
trade entry 1.24414
stop loss 1.24540
take profit 1.23855

i expect price to fall quite a bit lower than 1.23855…so when price hits i will be scaling out.
on this deal i have a new ‘holy grail’ techbique that is backed a little by other indicators…
but im putting this new holy grail …to the test with real money…and there is a possibility that no matter what happens i may be able to call the major price swing every day…
that should make me a millionaire in about 6 months… hahah.

Well folks we are closing in on the 1,000,000 views mark… and it must be hurting a few folks feelings to see it. We registered another Troll vote… :slight_smile: I love it!

Eat your heart out… nah nah nah nah nah :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note… be careful this week.

GLGT :57:

Same entry here 12338
wish you good luck to be a millionaire with in this year.:cool:

:frowning: my S/L hit. 30 pips lose for the day

you mean 1.2438

anyway good luck…hope you got a nice stop in place…mine may be a little low…i should have placed stop at 1.2457 …but being a disciplinarian…i put my stop at 1.2451… so that is where it will stay…if i make a trade without thinking it through properly…i am willing to stand by my guns and pay the price…
if that price means i lose through thoughtlessness then …LESSON LEARNED…it wont happen again.

anyway good luck.

right got stopped out on trade 2 at 1.2451 loss of 10 pips

got back in short now at entry of 1.24925
stop loss of 1.25060
take profit at 1.23950

this time i hope i caught the turn.
lesson to be learned here is…maybe i should wait for the turning point on the hourly chart before actually entering my trade
which is pretty much based on the fact that when the euro turns it will go down to below 1.23950.

we shall see. (its my excitement that is making me trade before confirmation of a turn)

right …that holy grail is going in the dustbin…
haha lets hit the training vids again.

i like the T notes being on the same charting window,
US CFD’s are fairly good priced,
but gu- apx. 10 pips off
EU 30-40 pips off
which i dont care much about these 2 on this platform,but still, the q mark is there.
hmmmmm
thx for the tip, and any input or thinking out loud welcomed

edit: and now, 1 h later,eu,gu are fine,interesting again,when they deviated it was normal market conditions

Confluences of USDx to go down:
COT report is impressive to go down as other foreign currencies are well in long position.
During last NFP price cross an important swing low
Daily candle is making fractal high.
There is a important resistance level in weekly chart (24.8.2010) 83.54

What do you thinking traders?

to enlarge the chart imgur: the simple image sharer

There is a good OTE in 15m chart imgur: the simple image sharer

Pivot range was from MR1 to MS2 http://i.imgur.com/9WPor.png

Sorry about that,

I meant to say Ava. With so many different brokers out there that I have been looking at, I miss spoke,typed I guess.

Everything is in kind of a fog at the moment. I am trying to go through all of the ICT videos and in the mean time find a broker that I can trade with when I am ready to begin live trading. I am in the states, but my wife is from the Philippines so I think I have a loophole to some of the broker type problems.

I still have questions about the “four week test” Does every new week cancel the order for the buy low and sell high points? Does every new day cancel the previous days? Since Sunday is a shortened day, should it be considered?

I know these questions are seemingly dumb, I have them and a ton more. I try to find the answers on my own before I post, I like to listen more than talk.

I really wish I would have listened to my wife before I dove into the China Sea that there was a Jelly Fish Migration…

The point to that is sometimes I know it is wrong but do it anyway!!!

Thanks for the help if you can,
emptypockets

p.s. Nobody pee’d on me lol

hey does anyone know what the pivot indicator is that ICT uses that puts thick pivot lines on his charts weekly or daily and they dont just cover the current day…
i have all the pivots from the front page but they arent the ones.

Pivot Daily Macro.

thanks mca wally for trying …but i got that one and that just runs the same pivot levels back through weeks…its not the one i want…
the one i want offers different pivot levels as you go back…without having to do any setting up…

As Mcawally said said daily pivot macro, that’s right but ICT changes time for GMT and EST. He watches several pivots.

Ref: Switch between GMT & EST pivot to plot Fib extension, swing projection- PTC video 36th Min, 31st March, 2011 .

In response to post #208

Wow! Thanks ICT, I decided after my post to go back to the very first post to glean every ounce I possibly can and keep the faith to follow every minute detail and search for the answers in this 1000+ page odyssey in which you have fostered good will towards the new and the old traders here.

The only way I can truly give thanks is to press my shoulder against the grindstone and give the devotion to learn as you have given the devotion to teach and mentor the lessons you have learned during the journey you have made as a trader.

Bravo!!!

I was going to start sitting down for New York Open this week but the bank holidays have persuaded me to leave it till next week, plus the ECB rate announcement tomorrow and some BoE stuff Thursday.

maybe i have not explained what it is that im looking for properly…sorry.
the ict daily pivot macro looks like this below.

the one that i am looking for that ict uses looks like this.

this is the one i really want …could someone please tell me how to get it…
there is a big difference between values on the one ict uses and the daily pivot macro available on the front page…
thanks.

Regarding the pivot points, does anyone have an indicator that plots these for weekly and monthly? (Not just for the last week or month, but for every week/month that has past, like the ICT pivotdailymacro indicator, so i can do some backtesting).
That would be very helpful.
Gl

hey vladul11 …have you got the indicator above shown with the thick bars…that changes every week…if so can i have a copy…?