What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Sounds like a plan Ali. I will be looking at today’s London Close as well. I’m not sure how the chatroom works right now, but I’m sure it’s not too hard. Perhaps even MSN or Skype will do?

Anyways, it’s 1:11am here, and I have my first day back at school tomorrow, gonna get some rest. Just taking a quick glance at the Cable right now and seems to have made a fakeout at around the 127% extension before falling about 30 pips. I will be taking LC trades more often now due before I get used to trading overnight again. I will document my trades more as well, posting my losses alongside my winners.

Good luck anyone who’s trading London Open right now. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark.

Its all I’ve been able to trade for th past month too ! It sucks because I can’t really catch the london moves but I watch london close and late ny session eveyday so let me know about the chat too! :wink:

lol… i guess mine is kinda messy… I am in GMT +8 timezone… My Oanda MT4 is basis US EST so GMT -5 ?? Did it changed to GMT -4?? Getting more and more lost -_-lll

Clark mentioned Skype and I thought that was a good idea because it might be easier to talk rather than write everything out. But I don’t believe we can do 3 way Skype, so lets set up a chat room and see how that goes. The reason I thought it might be a good idea to make it private is not because I want exclusivity, it is because I thought it would be distracting if others from another thread came in and wanted to know what was going down. It is hard enough to look at everything that is happening with multiple pairs without having to explain the ground that you, I, Clark and the others on this thread have already covered. With a whopping 12 LC trades to my name (does British sarcasm translate in writing?), maybe there is a touch of hubris taking over…I’m sure nobody gives a damn about our little schemes!

Regardless, I’ll set up a room called ‘London Close’ and make it private with the password ‘ICT Traders’. Anyone on this thread is welcome to join…the others, well they’ll just have to do the leg work and find this post if they really want in:D

Those running the 4.x version of skype can’t join the room. Skype decided to disable the ability to join rooms and now you have to either 1) click a link by the creator or 2) have someone in the room add you.

Not sure I understand! Skype and the Babypips chat rooms are separate things, no?

1 Like

You can do 3-way conference calling on Skype still I believe… How else am I supposed to play Starcraft II with my friends?! Haha
I will try to join the Babypips Chatroom, when I can. The school’s WiFi tends to disable certain links at times. But I will try my best. =)

Regards,
Clark.

I do believe that EST is GMT -4 right now, is it not? London is now BST time, as of March 27, which is GMT +1

EST is -5 from London again.

You can make money while sitting in school these days…unbelievable!

You’re not missing much today, Clark…pretty quiet.

Yes EST is -5 from London, which is BST Time. My broker is in GMT still, and EST is still -4 from GMT.

So it basically goes: (Each “-” is one hour)
Mountain Time - - Eastern Time - - - - GMT Time - BST Time

The USD/CAD has reached the 121.0 extension looks like a fakeout? I am watching that right now.
The AUD/USD had hit the 62% retracement level, but I haven’t entered, just looking for now. Edit: And now taking a Fib from the smaller swing formed, price reached another OTE and is going up.

Lol… I’m in my Finance class right now, so we’re on the computers the whole time, and just so happens I’m ahead most of the time. =P My teacher stares at my screen the whole time. Haha

Regards,
Clark.

Are these pairs past their ADRs on your charts, Clark? Not mine. I wanted to trade USDCAD at the low from 2 and 3 days ago, but it didn’t meet my ADR criteria so I let it go. It is looking like a nice trade right now.

I’ve been following this stuff for a while and I want to stop here and give due credit and thanks
to ICT for this massive charitable effort, which to me, being a complete neophyte, feels like
he’s handing us the keys to the bank vault. Michael, I don’t know if you just got a wild hair one
day and decided to give everything away or maybe you want people to help even the score
a bit with the banks, whatever your reason, doesn’t matter. Just thanks for your help and hard
work. It definitely matters.

Now, does anyone think that EUR/USD is going to raid the area just above 1.4282 and reach
for the 1.43 figure and then move down?

Ummm, tuff call… I think USD is going to pull it down some Today, JMO, Im ridin on it anyways, lol…

Hmm… Yes I’ve had a few that had passed ADR. What are your settings for it? Mine are just default on a GMT broker.

Today was a slow day, no worries. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark.

hey guys, alright well i just watched the new PTC video and seein as how ICT says only to look for one trade a week with the best odds in our favor for the whole month of April and then post up what we did/ why we did it, so like most others in here who are going to take this challenge i’m going to only try for these trades also! …i just found out how to see pretty cool statements from my oanda account ( lol ) so i figure i can post these up too , to pretty much take accountability like others have already started to do! so as we can all see from my first month here i need to relax with the trades i guess lol, theres a total of 14 trades, and going off about a $400 dollar account, thats almost a 4% increase i guess, but only 4% on 14 trades!! lol i’ll try to calm down this month (April) and see how it goes…im gettin there though!

Thats interesting, Clark. I have it set to default on a GMT+1 broker and there was nothing last night. Still, that doesn’t concern me because I will probably get set-ups when you don’t, and it has been working for me for a few weeks. Can you tell me which pairs met the ADR? USDCAD? AUDUSD was way off ADR for my liking.

The ADR has reset for me now, but I will try to remember what I can.
The USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD. I think those were it, but it’s hard to remember now because there was not a viable entry for them the ones I forgot.
So your ADR are set GMT +1, so yours are adjusted to London ADR?

I think I will stick to GMT ADR for now and see how it goes. I will keep you updated.

Regards,
Clark

Yes, my ADR resets at GMT+1. I was really close to ADR on USDCAD, and there was a 3-candle OTE at resistance but the swing retrace didn’t meet my 20% criteria even if it had been over the ADR.

I may take more trades in one week than ICT is suggesting for his pivot/swing trades (1 max for this week), but my interpretation of that rule is that he wants us to scale back and only take the cream of the crop. It is an exercise in self-control and powers of analysis, and in that sense we should be strictly adhering to the set-up rules. I might find 10 potential set-ups in the next 4 days, but I will be aiming to take only the ones that have good swing retraces off strong resistance. These are the ones that are most likely to make it to the day’s 38% retracement, and if that is attainable, then I can make my 40 pip objective in just 2 trades.

I will be making notes on all the potential trades that I let go, how close to perfect set-up they actually were, and how profitable they would have been. All systems are different, and in that sense I hope that ICT would agree that 2 or 3 scalps are the equivalent of 1 perfect swing trade.

Looking forward to working with you later. Send me a PM if you want Skype details.