What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Ahhhhhh… now thats make it easier… Guess GMT = shifthrs 5 for me then… and default is shifthrs= 0 is EST for me… Thanx akeakamai!!

LC Friday! Quite a bit to choose from tonight. I went with GBPJPY and USDCAD in the end but could have picked off USDJPY aswell.

Got lucky as I just watched PTC and it reminded me of 10 pip SL above the high and GJ took 9.5 of those tonight! Ended up netting 21 pips as a result.
gjapril1st.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket
USDCAD was messing about and I didn’t like the action under MS2 so bailed for 3 pip gain.
ucapril1st.gif picture by Alishijo - Photobucket

That’s me done for the week, and trading wise it was a very good one. Here are my stats to date:

Total trades: 12
Total Winners: 9
Total Losers: 2
Total BE: 1

Pips Gained: 132
Pips Lost: 22
Total Pips Gained: 110

These little scalps are starting to add up. With more practice I can definitely see room for improvement with my exits, and then hopefully more pips to the good.

GLGT!

lol, I like this week…

4 trades, 4 winners. +15%. Hehe bought GU for 5980 during NFP. Guess why? S1 + OTE Zones (D1+H4) :smiley:

Damn, Alishijo + Manta, you guys make me feel like a turtle but I’m truly inspired by your success, and in the meantime I’m happy with my consistency. The big weeks will come I’m sure, just gotta keep away from those large drawdown weeks!

as usual, pip counts are based on a standardized 30pips = 1% gain

no problem, it was frustrating for me too, and that’s how I figured it out!

and I also realized recently that 00:00 GMT always lines up with Tokyo Open, ALL YEAR, because neither observes daylight savings time.

Hi, the videos does not have any sound and they are mostly text. Is it possible to attach a document for these videos so that I can print it :smiley: . . . it will be easier for my eyes :smiley:

I have watched the risk management video and I really enjoy. You mentioned that traders should at most risk 2% of their account balance for Forex. Does this concept apply to stocks or instruments without leverage?

Thanks

1st post. And just wanted to say thanks.

Hi ICT

I use your SMT tool always but mainly on the 5 and 15 min charts, would like to no, do you use it when looking at the bigger picture as in daily time frame?

Great thread love the way you have kept everything on the first post.
I am starting to see the light, I think 2 months in a row possitive

The first few videos have no sound and just text for a reason :slight_smile: The later videos have sound.

If your broker is GMT, shouldn’t the pivot settings be -4 now?

Wow! Great trading Alishijo!
Are these mainly London Close scalps based off of ICT’s lessons? Man, I’m gonna start looking at the London Close more carefully now. They are the perfect time for me to trade with my time zone… Keep it up!

Regards,
Clark.

Very cool.

Hey Alishijo,
Just took a closer look at the London Close scalps and ICT’s PCT video for it. Took a bit of notes myself:

• 10:00-11:00 EST time, market tends to slip back into daily range.

Parameters:
-Overbought (above 5 period ADR) (Ideal)
-Traded to key S&R level
-Confluence of Pivots and Fibonacci

-Look for setups during (10:00am-1:00pm EST)
-OTE as entry
-NOT everyday
-Look for reasons that market will not trade higher, reversals from daily trend (OTE)
-Swing measured should be 15-20% of daily ranged (Ideal)

Profit Taking:
-Fibonacci extensions
-Fibonacci levels on multiday
-Previous S&R levels, highs/lows

SL should be 10 pips above swing (minimum)

I’ve got some questions about this though, and I’m hoping you could help me out:
Currently I am only monitoring the Cable and Fiber for these setups, but you are monitoring 8 pairs? May I ask what pairs you are monitoring and are the setups equally viable? ICT mentioned that these trades will not occur regularly, so how many chances do you get a week trading these setups?

Also, by the sounds of it, it seems like these trades are only ideal when price has been trending up past the ADR high? Are these setups still applicable if conditions are reversed, so that price has reached the ADR low?

I will be taking a closer look at London Close setups more this trading week. =)

Thanks,
Clark.

:57: ICT PTC Feedback edition online and link posted on the first post of this thread.

GLGT :wink:

Updated High low indicator, the only change is that I added the current Year high low and the previous 12 month rolling high low.

i-High-Low_custom (v4).zip (13.8 KB)

In reply to your first question, YES, these trades are all based on the information ICT has kindly given us. The main rules as you have stated in your 2nd post are what I gained from the video you just watched, and my ideas regarding 127% extension level are based on a post ICT made last year called ‘The $ Stops Here…’ (can’t give you a link for that, but I have it in Word.doc format if you mail me your details).

The pairs I am watching currently include: GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURUSD, EURGBP, EURJPY, NZDUSD, AUDUSD, AUDJPY, USDCAD, GBPJPY. That’s 10, isn’t it?!

These are based on the pairs that offer low spreads with my broker. There may be other major pairs that your broker also offers at low spreads, and I would suggest that you also consider these (although don’t overload your platform with pairs…it becomes a headache to watch and consider more than half a dozen). In answer to your question, only 4 of my 12 trades were either Cable or Fiber, so I would answer YES, the other pairs are also viable.

I just realised after watching PTC that there may be some confusion regarding my results. The first results that ICT showed were based on 7 trades, 6 of which were taken in a one week period. I started my log on the week starting March 7th, and took trades on Tues.8th, Wed.9th, Thurs 10th. That was 6 trades with 4 wins, 1 loss and 1 BE. The earthquake then hit on March 11th, and I didn’t trade again until March 24th. Can we call that week 1? The results I just posted on Friday…THEY ARE NOT STATS FOR A SINGLE WEEK…they are stats SO FAR. I started trading again proper on Monday 28th March, last Monday. The results posted for the week are the difference between the previous 68 pips, and the current pip count of 132…64 pips. The stats for last week are: 4 wins and 1 loss.

If you want to take out the March 24th trade and make it into a nice two separate weeks (the weeks I sat down on Monday morning and said ‘I’m going to look for trades all this week’) then we can split it down as:

Week 1: 6 trades, 4 wins, 1 BE, 1 loss…total pips +43
Week 2: 5 trades, 4 wins, 1 loss…total pips +42

If I take out the BE from Week 1, then you can see I have the same number of trades, with the same number of winners and losers, 1 pip difference in the totals, and a draw down of 10 pips and 12 pips respectively. How is that for consistency!

Some days you will get 3 or 4 set-ups, and in fact the days that I made losses, there were other successful pairs that I could have taken. On those occasions I wasn’t confident enough to take two at once, so I rolled a dice and picked one…the wrong one! Those are the times that it makes sense to trade multiple pairs in order to spread the risk further. That is unless you are increasing risk by trying to manage too many pairs and reducing your ability to manage any of them skillfully.

With regard to trading lows, absolutely! I have traded 8 shorts and 4 longs up until now. Both of my losses were on the shorts, so nothing but success so far with my longs.

Regards

EDIT: I made a mistake with Wk1’s pip total. I said it was +43 pips but I took the net figure and subtracted the losses, not the gross figure. It was in fact +53 pips. Is this the one occasion you wish you had netted less pips because it looks better in terms of consistency?!!

P.S. As a final thought, and based on my limited experience, you shouldn’t be wary of trading similar pairs. On Friday there was a GBPJPY and USDJPY set-up. On this occasion both came off perfectly, but on other occasions I have seen one fail. Which one would you have chosen? Potentially the wrong one. Does the SMT tool work to rule out one pair over the other when considering Fiber and Cable?..I don’t know, I haven’t gotten my head around that yet.

Thanks for the in-depth reply Alishijo. That cleared alot up for me now. I will try looking at other low spread pairs besides the Cable and Fiber and tell you how that goes.
Man, monitoring 8-10 pairs will take some practise.
As with the SMT, I think it should be do-able. I will look into that myself and will tell you what I find. Maybe ICT will have something to say about this as well. :slight_smile:

These little London Close scalps are perfect for my time zone and taking small profits of 20-40 pips is more than satisfactory for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Regards,
Clark.

I’ll be scouting set-ups for the whole week starting with today’s LC. Maybe we could work alongside each other if you know how to start a private chat room? I am out of here for now. Will check back in with you in a few hours.

Ali

I have been quite bad about posting in this thread of late - I’ll get back on the horse starting this week, and post a recap of every one of my trades. Particularly the failures!