What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Exceeded my weekly 50 pip target by 5 pips on Tuesday and then Wednesday gave us a nice looking London close trade. I came pretty close to trading it anyway but said to myself no im done for the week… I would have been stopped out, im so glad stuck to my plan. Consistency 101 right? :slight_smile:

Thank you for this good information

Haha! Thanks for the compliment, AK. Living in Japan for so long and having to survive in the service industry certainly has its advantages. You can’t help but acquire a Japanese mindset, and that means discipline, adherence to rules, and an ability to drill down and perfect things at an infinitesimal level. Chris Lori had his bobsled, and I have Japan!

Took a EUR/GBP scalp tonight but got out for BE+0.4 because it was messing about for a good 40 minutes and I didn’t think it was going to come up. It is now 55 minutes after entry and it has come up to BE+5, but it is certainly struggling.

What does ICT call this…chopping wood? I think if it is going to come up to TP it would have done it by now. The risk is it will go soft and I would rather not take my chances.

Hello everyone out there.

I’ve seen some of the that you’ve created ICT. Really helpful stuff.
Since i’m a noob to forex, my plan looks like this. Take maximun 2 trades per day. 20 pips stop loss and 20 pips take profit. The problem is everytime i take a trade i get stuck in front of the screen glued with my eyes red. It’s exciting and all i can think of is how much will i loose or win. I recon this is the wrong attitude and i’m aware of that and it requires disicpline.

I also tend to go overtrading eventhough i’ve reached my 2 trades limit, and the following trades wipe the profit that’s been made… I guess it’s called greed and boredom?

I trade with fibonacci at support/resistance like ICT recommended. And been experementing with pivot points but have no clue have to draw them in the chart…

So any suggestions of what i should do? Thanks

/Oasis

Hello Oasis,

Welcome to the thread.

there is a worksheet on ICT’s first post that will help you determine where the EST pivot points can be drawn. Your trading platform should also have pivots on them. I don’t use MT4, so I can’t help you there if you do. If you are using MT4, there is also a pivot point program you can load. I would also suggest to go back and watch the videos that cover PP’s and fibs. Early in this thread, the members here cover pivots quite extensively, as well as the PP program for MT4 users.

LD

Am looking at shorting cable at 16430.
I see the 2year t note is making a lower low while the others are not.
there is a weekly low there.
from the swing high of the 11/05 78% fib [ote] 16418
also cable has had a good run for three days with little pull back
any one else looking at this level my caution is that it is going against the flow
Also on the higher time frame 4h and daily divergence on the smt

Worth bearing in mind that the Weekly MR3 comes in at 1.6464 and the Monthly Central Pivot comes in at 1.6462. It could be reaching for these two.

The 1.6420ish level has also acted twice as clear resistance, and once as clear support since late March. If price should break through that I could see it going up to test the 1.6520 level that reversed on the 11’th. Going to keep a watch on my charts, and may take some demo trades if I see any good setups in the kill zone.

I’ve got the Weekly MR3 at 1.6508…quite a difference to you.What prices did you use for the High.Low and Close?
Mine were High 1.6304,Low 1.6105 and Close 1.6220 (NY Close).

Hi Dess,

My pivots are the same as Alishijo’s and my High/Low/Close numbers are the same as yours.

If you’re calculating them manually there’s probably a mistake in your numbers.

All the best.

Hi
I’m using a pivot calculator so I’d better check that I think, or do them manually.
Thanks for that.

Mine were the same as yours, give or take a pip or two…and my open was at 1.6173. All calculated using the ICT’s PP Calculator on the 1st page of the thread. I just recalculated and MR3 is actually at 1.6462…not the 64 I stated earlier. That was just because my line was a little off on the chart. Splitting hairs now!

Hi Alishijo and Wrtm

I’ve found the problem…the formulae for R3,R4 and S3,S4 in the calculator I use are wrong.Corrected them now and get MR3 at 1.6461 too.
GU has just hit MR3 and bounced off nicely. I’ve only started using weekly pivots in the last two weeks and they are quite an eye-opener,particularly if they coincide with a daily pivot as well.
Thanks for your help guys.

Can anyone tell me what’s special about this OTE entry on the Fiber??

I’ll give you a hint…it’s related to our kill zone discussions… :33:

It ticks the boxes re.confluence of CPP,OTE,big number,but it occurred at 10.30 UK time.So its outside the 7.00 to 9.00 am UK time kill zone.
Is that what you mean?
GU has done similar,but I held off as the timing was outside the kill zone.

Cheers

10:30am? Not on my charts it’s not. Bang on 8am UK time! Bang on the open!

Yes! It happens more than you would think, and those are my favourite trades to make.

sorry dess, I should have noted that my platform runs in New York time. Cross reference that big bull candle on your own charts and you should see it line up with 3:00am EDT

And so did you take this one? All market flows were up but that doesn’t matter when you’ve got resistance from QE2 day on Nov 4th! Well spotted, AK.

No Ali, I was done from monday’s trades. I like to watch the setups form, or at least check them when I have time later in the day. It builds confidence in the method, and I think this thread needs some more examples of the tools working consistently. It’s just good practice haha

anyways, that trade also had some resistance at weekly MR1 pivot, but no point in bringin out the big guns when the little guns are working just fine lol :wink:

edit:
I just forgot to note that daily market flow was actually down on my charts for the Fiber. I didn’t factor any market flow in, but I was noticing that Fiber daily flow is down while it’s up on the Cable. I thought that was peculiar if nothing else…