What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

Already in profit shorting a failed break of last week’s high on the AUD. I’m starting to see how you bring in that 25k every week :smiley:

Fantastic thread thank you, it is nice to start understanding a little of what is going on. Just not sure about cpp for monday’s could someone confirm cpp for gbp/usd today pls so I can check against what i have. 15/3/10

H.15197 ?

L.15151 ?

C.15159 ?

i got 1.5148cpp for today, but i am not 100% that is what ICT gets for mondays, cause of the weekend.
high 1.5217
low 1.5026
close 1.5201

Sterling formed a new temporary daily high with the third 1h candle of the day at 1.5193; 4 pips above M3 at 1.5189 and 24 pips below weekly/previous day Hi at 1.5217.
Placed Limit Sell Order into Bull Candle at 1.5197 with a stop placement of 30 pips at 1.5227; 10 pips above weekly/previous day Hi at 1.5217.

Sterling continued to make a new temporary daily high at 1.5208 with the 4th 1h candle of the day.

After Sterling reversed the 4 numbers got filled

M3 at 1.5189
Pivot Point at 1.5133
M2 at 1.5092
S1 at 1.5050

This trade netted me a 142 pips because I closed position at 1.5055; 5 pips above the 4th filled number.

So I got in at the top and got out at the bottom bagging almost the complete daily range without my stop being at risk & little drawdown.

Confluence at same price level for this trade were:
M3 Pivot
Round Number at 1.5200
previous week Hi at 1.5217
previous day Hi at 1.5217
temporary present day high being formed

Minimum of three are required.
I had five.
A nice opportunity for a high probability/low risk trade.

And that’s how it played out.

Anybody looking at buying GBPUSD now at around yesterday’s low…1.5224? This is interesting…it hit both high & low…the move down from the high definitely filled 4 levels, will the bounce up from the low do it too?

As we are buying into the swing lows and selling into the swing highs, i have a question?
Would that mean that we could look to buy at say the previous day low and pivot S2 if the past 3 hours the bears had being knocking price down 180pips?
Cause this is were i am at today. I was about to place a buy order as price has now slowed at around 1.5040 and the previous day low i have is at 1.5026, and mid pivot S2 @1.5017.
So we say we need 3 things for the trigger, but since price action is bearish, and we want to buy into that, i would be unsure, why wont it continue down to S2 or further?
Price has just hit those two levels, but not with a rush. the time is 7am in New york, i am unsure so i removed my order and price has gone up 10pips.
Are we to follow these entry rules after a 180pip move in the london session?

By travpip at 2010-03-15

i was thinking it, but i chickened out, atleast we are seeing it!

your execution was perfect. nice one well done

I am in, already.
I bought right into the bear candle at yesterday’s Lo. No fear. :slight_smile:
My trade is in plus, already & first number is about to get filled.

I don’t know, but I’m up 20 pips right now…lol and moved stop to b/e (too soon?). I’m only shooting for 30 pips since it’s kinda going against the flow, but I think the idea is that it will get some kind of action/reaction, and 30 pips at least seems quite possible.

Nailed it! :smiley:

well the answer is[B] YES[/B], well done. Damn i had it all set up, with an order right at that level, but though twice about it and decided to post the question. Anyway well done!

Well done, Sweet Pip. :slight_smile:

Did you buy into that bear candle?

cool charts dude.

You got it, however there is a lot in between those two events occurring profitably.

I already made a post concerning when I look for follow-through on breakouts beyond PDH’s and PDL’s. See TalonD’s thread he posted the concept in his thread as well… might be easier to locate there. :wink:

I’m not trying to put your questions off… but my pace is purposely intended to be slow and only bring small portions out at a time. It is not because I do not think any of you are not intellegent enough to understand it, but rather… If I tell you everything in one post you will miss something or do it incorrectly and walk away thinking this doesn’t work. My goal is to see profitable traders trading with excellent risk control and sound trading technique… consistently. I hope this is yours as well. :slight_smile:

Trust me… it will all be understood in time. Just enjoy the journey… you already have plenty to make a nice trade selection and now where to get in and out of. If you want to know more, that is great… just please don’t expect me to put it all out there at once. If you noticed there are some in here that have caught on to things already and it’s my intend to have the material properly outlined so I won’t have to revisit posts I already made.

I will tell you this, in 90 days or so, my only posts will deal with current market conditions using everything I am detailing here. So this should help you in understanding my timeline. Then you can refer to posts on any given topic as the trades I am hunting unfold. There is a method behind the slow poke posting. Hang in there!

It will all be worth it later on… :wink:

Before a significant rally up in price look for a Short term low already made in your timeframe you enter and exit trades on to be retested and maybe not by much. This is stop running action and you can nail down handsome entry points by doing this and all the more when these short term lows converge at Key S&R levels we are looking for reactions at already.

Before a significant decline in prices look for a Short term high to be retested that is already established on your timeframe you enter and exit trades on. You are going to see this event 90% of the time right before the major moves take off and many times it has stopped you out like many other traders and you watch disgusted as it moves away from your initial trade zone and even worse after knocking you out of the trade you had right on direction but rushed in head long too soon.

See you personal charts and post an example of a stop running event on both a long entry and short entry to see if you understand my notes… thanks and I hope this answered your question.

I will post more on this topic tonight… somebody please teach me how to post charts in the post area and not these little thumbnails. Be very descriptive in your instructions please.

Thanks in advance!

:slight_smile:

ICT, i really like your thread but I have alot to learn, most of this stuff i am not understanding it but nevertheless thank you

Hang in there bub… it will click in time. Just a suggestion, stop after two trades win or lose. Taking a net loss on the day and not going back in teach you more than anyone in a forum or seminar can. It is personal development and trader conditioning.

However, you do see it on your charts, even if it is in hindsight… so we are moving ahead despite your speedbump last night. Lick the wound, stand up for the next round…

Sweet, WTG! Kudos

My only question is are we serving waffles in here or Filet Mignon? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice trade bub… very nice.