What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

Yeah! That was quick, and it’s not even close to the next pivot, so I guess it still has potential. :wink:

Sterling has Fundamentals in a little while and I never like to be in my trades going into news… so 40 pips are bagged and back to bed. :slight_smile:

Nice to see repeatable setups and what to look for everynight isn’t it? :cool:

It looks great ICT. Have a good night. I’m gonna stick around to see how the next few 15min candles unfold. :slight_smile:

Well that was awesome, thanks for teaching us. :slight_smile:

Ok just one question for when you come back again. Your profit target was the weekly high, wasn’t it?

Good night.

Ok, I’m up 12ish now (was +30) pips and I want to go to bed…:D.

Now to manage the trade. I could either put a profit target at the 4th level…MS1 right? (that would be a nice 150 pips…lol), or 30 pips… hmmm…yes there is that news release, so will try for 30 and hope now it will go there again :cool:

Update…hit my +30 pretty quickly…sweet :slight_smile:

Newbie question here

I have IBFX as a broker, how do I adjust the setting to NY time on the pivot incicator. Someone was mentioning that placing a 7 would give you NY pivot. Is this correct?

Are you talking about the timeshift on a pivot indicator? Or manually placing?
Got 70 pips today on the GBP/USD shorting on the R2 which for me is at 1.5353! This was probably stupid considering the news, trade also got stuck:eek:, which scared me, and now the us news! i took the money and ran, lets see what happens now:cool:!

Again thx for a great thread, these pivots seem like the final pice of the puzzle, makes on feel professeional:p, but then again i might have them calculated all wrong hehe.

Keep up the goodwork!:slight_smile:

Today there is a great lesson in market behavior

What was the [B]personal expectation[/B]?

[B]Price is going DOWN[/B]

What was the market [B]real action[/B]?

[B]Price GOES UP[/B]

What was the problem? The pattern? The personal expectations?

That’s why I see my trading as [B]high probability/high risk[/B] because of MY PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS

[quote=“cubanpip2010,post:399,topic:32379”]

1. Believe me, I found it very difficult to explain the [B]how[/B] I see, the [B]when[/B] I see and the [B]why[/B] I see the opportunity for me, again because the lack of certainty. I just find [B]myself[/B] comfortable doing what I do.
  2. I’m not sure how to answer. Opportunity I see has [B]high probability[/B] but at the same time [B]high risk[/B] cause there is [B]no guaranty[/B] what the outcome will be. The point resides in how I manage [B]myself[/B] from enter to exit.[/QUOTE]

Best regards
:cool:

I am taking about the timezone setting on the pivot timezone indicator someone has posted somewhere in the thread

Rail Road Tracks :slight_smile:

That’s how you call those candle formation.
I like that term.

Ps: Thank you for the Kudos.

I’m also with IBFX and apply a -4 shift, which seems to align my pivots properly.

Which pivot indicator are you using?

I am using [B]Pivot Lines Timeszones[/B] but the minute I insert -4 it deletes the indicator, (my screen shows up blank)

I have that one too, and it doesn’t show up for me.

I use the attached indicator, with a -4 shift applied, and appears to line up quite nicely with the price action.

Synergy

DailyPivot_Shift.zip (1.89 KB)

Synergy, something is not right here, in post no 118 ICT gave a link to a website that gives out pivots so I am under the impression his pivots matches the pivots on the website unfortunatly the settings you gave me -4 does not come close or near the pivots on the website. The former pivot indicator [B]PIVOT LINES TIMEZONE [/B] setting at 0 is quite close tho the websites pivots only certain pivots points are different by a few pips.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/32217-pivot-point-indicator-mt4-allows-backtests.html

Thats my pivot indicator, although i dont know if its adjusted acordingly, the timeshift was 5 when i put it on, my time is gmt+1, but my broker clock is gmt+2. Some confirmation would be great!:slight_smile:

pullice,

please post [U]for GBPUSD[/U]

yesterday’s High
yesterday’s Low
yesterday’s Close

you see on [B]your[/B] charts.

Also, post the Pivot Points you see on [B]your[/B] charts.

R3
M5
R2
M4
R1
M3
[B]PP [/B]
M2
S1
M1
S2
M0
S3

I was having the same problem with pivots, plus they looked really messy in my charts.

ICT mentioned Dukascopy, I guess, but the problem with the pivots calculated in most websites is that they are calculated with an open close time of 5:00 P.M. EST, and we’re looking to calculate them at 12:00 A.M. EST.

ICT also posted his formulas to calculate them manually. Build yourself an excel sheet and use it to calculate your own pivots. I guess it doesn’t get better than this since you’re using the data feed of your provider, which is not the same as everyone else’s.

It won’t take you more than two minutes to calculate them and plot them in your chart.

Used,

here you go IBFX as my broker

High 1.5258
Low 1.4975
close 1.5233

R3 1.5619
M5 1.5528
R2 1.5438
M4 1.5387
R1 1.5336
M3 1.5245
[B]PP 1.5155 [/B]