What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

WOW! [B]pullice [/B]- great advice as well.

It doesn’t even have to be that difficult. I read your post - went out to the E/U, backed out to the weekly time frame and drew a line approximately in the middle. Now, if you start moving in on the closer time frames you can see EXACTLY what you were saying about the rubber band effect. Price kept snapping to the center and the obvious trades are on the extemes. GREAT INFO

Are you referring to pullice’s post which was quoting ICT’s?..cause his post is just the bolded text…

So what direction are you trying to say/show price is heading?

• my mistake Sweet Pip - thanks for pointing that out. I read it in haste. - wrong reference.

I took the meaning of the post as that if you find the center pivot point (I pointed an easy way I did it above) the further away from that center the more likely it is to snap back like a rubber band. No guarantees but it allows you to make more conservative trades towards the center and only when your systems indicators point that direction.

If you draw that line you will see the wave action towards the line.

Please correct me if I am wrong -----

Candlesticks hide the direction in my opinion.

pullice,
the previous day low [PDL] had another S&R layer above it.
That S&R layer prevented GU from breaking PDL.
Please, look to last Fri for it. :slight_smile:
It is another important technical price marker & it showed it’s importance today.

Price is heading in the direction of the line. When the line crosses down through a pivot line or other line on your chart, price is going lower.

also mid S1 was within a few pips of tuesdays high @ 1.5258

1.5208 was PDL
1.5208 was last Monday’s Hi

1.5208 did hold today.

That looks like a tough nut to crack. :slight_smile:

When the line “turns” or “reverse bends”, price has changed direction. This is a simplistic view. It may keep the “newbies”" and the “old-timers” out of draw down. Candle charts don’t show it as clearly as line charts.

Very good idea. Traders get caught up in MA(20), MA(50) and MA(200). Having HIGH(20), LOW(20) , etc… on the chart seems like common sense.

This looks familiar. I remember reading about one shot, one kill trading. And somewhere else I read about different zones.

Good job, ICT. I hope it’s OK to call you ICT. My name is Ian.

Appreciating your continued professional advice and the hysterical reality check.

I find it most tough when they create such a wide “zone” in a relatively small range…lol. I pretty much anticipated the 1.5208 zone would hold, but within it are a few possible levels to get in at. Going with the 1.5216 price meant possibly larger drawdown, but more assurance in getting filled whereas going with the 1.5208 or 1.5200 meant possibly lesser drawdown, and less chance of getting filled…each has its pros & cons…yes it’s a fine art…:wink:

It has become apparent ICT is easier than InnerCircleTrader :slight_smile:

It is fine, I can see when posts are directed to me with either.

Thank you for the last Monday’s high clue.

Makes it easy to see the congestion or confluence when you draw those lines.

It’s easier definitively :wink:

What you’re doing is very, very nice. There is GOLD in here. Now is up to us personally learn how to achieve our goals.

Thanks.

Best regards
:cool:

P.S.- I appreciate the fact that this is not a “follow me” or “follow my system”. It is much more, it’s “learn by your own effort”

But the “zone” is only 9 pips from top to bottom.
Today’s present Lo stands right in the center of that “zone”. :slight_smile:

I pretty much anticipated the 1.5208 zone would hold, but within it are a [B]few possible levels to get in at[/B].

And they are?
And where is your [B]evidence[/B] for direction?

Going with the 1.5216 price meant possibly larger drawdown, but more assurance in getting filled whereas going with the 1.5208 or 1.5200 meant possibly lesser drawdown, and less chance of getting filled…each has its pros & cons…[B]yes it’s a fine art…[/B]:wink:

The “Fine Art of Waiting”. :slight_smile:

It’s not even come close to my crosshairs, yet. :wink:

For your low risk high reward hunting focus here, yes. :slight_smile:

Which ever you feel comfortable with. I don’t point traders to any specific firm. However, I did get burned with FXCM, let’s just say that and leave it right there.

I was making it the other way round, lol.

Seriously InnerCircleTrader, I really appreciate the effort you’re putting in this thread, after all it’s your time and your knowledge and that is priceless.

I also appreciate the fact that you’re direct and humble with what you say and there is no misteriousness involved.

I’m really excited about the material that you have already presented and I know everyone here feels the same.

Thanks a lot. :slight_smile: