What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

They were posted in the chart I posted this morning… :slight_smile:

I told you I used Dukascopy pivots on Sunday into Monday so that is why the chart has the numbers in the image… just copied the chart then used paint to lay on the Dukascopy numbers.

The low on the divergence at S1 was unfortunately a bitter sweet victory for me. I bought the 1.4944 level and covered at 1.5010 and reversed expected to see a secondary push lower… I slept in this morning to see it had reversed after touching the 1.5008 figure support a few times… then went for the Central Pivot level. 1.5055

I risked 1/3 of the profits on the short term long this morning… so I have a modest win on the day, despite being stopped at 1.5040 on the short I erroneously took this morning.

I have used the number of trades I permit myself to take in any given session. I will have to wait until London open to retrade the Cable.

The tools worked… I just slept while they spoke, :rolleyes:

Clint, that’s an awsome idea. I was going to read back through the whole thread myeslf for a refresher and see what I missed but maybe just read this list of posts. I hope you’ll continue to keep it up to date.

TradeViper, different prices from different brokers? can that be used for arbitrage trading?

Pullice, I made some changes so it defaults to EURUSD and changed it from candles to a line chart. I’ll post a new version tonight. Based on your description it looks like you did the right steps. You should have seen the two pairs on the same chart. did you compile it? I don’t think that’s necessary but you could try it.

I copied this quote from Petefaders thread…

"[B][I]I looked at the 5 and 1min chart pa. I saw that up moves were clean and sharp, and down moves were slow and messy, and were always eventually met with another sharp up move with high volume.

This is called accumulation. Big buyers are placing there orders in spurts, then letting price fall to get in at the same or better price. WHY? Because if they place the entire buy position at once, price would shoot up, and they would not have had time to ACCUMULATE a large position."[/I][/B]

So this is basically what it looks like when you say you can see what the Market Makers are doing?

Thank you didn’t see that before

i searched long and hard for this, but it is the best IMO, allows you to turn off the candles and have a line chart even plots horizontal line for euro price. it works well. load it onto the gbp/usd.

OverLayChart-MA.zip (2.37 KB)

Thanks for posting this trav72, i have loaded into mt4 but cant seem to get it working, do i need to change any of the settings?

It probably has to do with the currency symbol name. In the code it’s looking for GBPUSDm which may not be what your broker has labeled it…so trying removing the m and recompile it…

dont think so, just havve candles on false and showMA true if you want line chart. looks like this on mine

By travpip at 2010-03-22

Thanks sweetpip & trav72, got it working now:D Just need to try and understand it all. Does anyone use the chat room to discuss set ups etc? I could do with bouncing ideas around until i have totally got the hang of it.

TaldonD, thank you.

I found the problem. My account was has a symbol EUR/USDm and thats the reason its not working.

Sweetpip was correct with the currency symbol at the end.

TradeViper, different prices from different brokers? can that be used for arbitrage trading?

I have heard “Rumors” of hedges, and when pressed, the developers say well we had this and that blablablablabla, my Miata broke down, the cat ate my rat, so we are turning our attention to other projects, etc. The problem is getting all of the API/FIX feeds into one platform and then making it fast enough to capitalize on any inefficiencies.

Most APIs I have seen have clauses that prohibit their use in arbitrage. If the broker suspects you, they will cut you loose. It is very hard to scam this industry unless you are GS or B Madoff. So I guess my answer is no. Unless someone produces a Certified Blotter.

The Never Believing The Hype VIPER :smiley:

Hi ICT, chat tonight at midnight right?

Did you know?.. as far as the Nestea PLUNGE phrase goes…ICT isn’t just the initials of your screen name, it’s also pronounced ICeT :smiley:

I will be online in the BabyPips chat room Tues into Wednesday 12am. New York time

Clever, but do not confuse me with the Rapper/Actor Ice T :slight_smile:

I feel ya on that one!!!
A month or so ago I avg. 20 pips a day for 29 out of 30 days…950% increase in account…(1 losing day)…then came day 31…BOOM. 20% blown. Needless to say I’ve been having trouble getting past 20 cent pips again the last 3 weeks.
:wink:

Well folks, I would love to post on here I bought the low and held it until current levels… but we all know I covered early and tried my hand at a push lower in anticipation of a potential breakdown in the daily and 4 hour charts.

While we seen a pretty impressive climb back into the PDL and retest of the figure 1.51 level which is just above the Fib confluence retracement levels from the highs last week to this mornings daily low. We have currently stalled and a minor slip in price has been posted… time will tell where she wants to go.

My Long term charts still suggest lower prices are in order, but I simply can’t rule out the possibility of a major trend change in the works… see the Weekly COT chart with Sentiment readings I posted last week.

I hate to sound like the talking-heads with their double talk, but we could see a large range bound environment in here or further weakness. My money is still betting on the long term trend, which is clearly down… but I would reconsider this perspective with a move above 1.5250.

Given the fact the Cable retraced back into the PDL candle… look for retests of the Range highs and Lows… and boy would a Low breakout to the downside be sweet in here, let me tell you!

I am going to keep my powder dry and see what develops in the London session later tonight.

I trust you found the Intermarket Analysis (Smart Money Tool), I explained last time… proved worthy today of it’s hype. It really is a dandy and you witnessed today it nailed the daily low… right on the money.

I have a few more tricks in my wizard’s hat… but for tonight… I’m letting the pain meds do their magic on me. :slight_smile:

Good luck and Good trading.

I trust you found the Intermarket Analysis (Smart Money Tool), I explained last time… proved worthy today of it’s hype. It really is a dandy and you witnessed today it nailed the daily low… right on the money.

Maybe Im blind but I read the whole thread and did not see the Smart Money Tool… Maybe Im the tool but can someone point me to the post.

If it is the macd divergence I get divergence and use is regularly.

thankx

You will find the “Smart Money Tool” in this post…

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/32915-what-every-new-aspiring-fx-trader-wants-know-12.html#post180354

:slight_smile:

Thanks SP for the info…