What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

Ok I have the EURO overlay on GBP but have nothing to reference does this look correct?

I place on m after EURUSD so itā€™s ā€œEURUSDmā€ and that worked for me, because Iā€™m on a mini account

Hi,

First of all I would like to say thanks to ICT for his insights and knowledge, it is greatly appreciated.

Ok so I have been catching up on this thread as i didnt realise the fantastic work that was going on here. Now as i understand we put the pivot points on from 12 midnight NY time. As i live in Australia this is at about 3.00pm. This would give me pivots as follows

R3 1.5338
R2 1.5224
R1 1.5160
PP 1.5046
S1 1.4982
S2 1.4868
S3 1.4804

Does anyone else have these values?

Are the middle values important??

Thanks

gbl83

HI Gbl83,

I kind of have the same pivots, pips more pips less, but I suggest you also calculate the middle values theyā€™re important. :rolleyes:

First time i have used the smart tool. The second chart is from GFT at 55 mins which gave an entry signal after the pin. Confluence was provided by GU holding above 5000 and moves up in GY and EY. Not quite the way ICT would do it but an interesting start for me using this filter. I remain long on EU

Dont know how they calculate the pivot levels but is differ from my/our pivot indicator. This is the levels ICT use and the site to get them. Anybody knows how calculate this ?
dukascopy.com/swiss/english/marketwatch/pivot/

Resistance 3 1.5348
Resistance 2 1.5229
Resistance 1 1.5169
Pivot 1.505
Support 1 1.499
Support 2 1.4871
Support 3 1.4811

I dont think they have to be exact, as long as they are close and in the same area i dont think it should matter too much. Ours seem to be close enoughā€¦

gbl83

Formulaā€™s to calculate Pivot Points are in the School of Pipsology 8th Grade.

I think everyone in this thread is using 4am GMT as the end of day, which is 12am New York time.

If youā€™re in the Sydney time zone, then 3pm is correct.

Watch out for the time change coming on April 4, when you guys return to Standard Time.

Beginning April 4, midnight New York will be 2pm Sydney.

Here is a post where ICT gave his pivot formulas: 301 Moved Permanently

Correct.

lets see how we go here, the smart tool divergence got me in at 1.5009, key support zone, and ms1 pivot

By travpip at 2010-03-23

By travpip at 2010-03-23

i am going to try and go with this time, if i can, 1.5140 is my target

Short week for me here! Started off with a failed idea to short a retest of last weekā€™s low on the GBP/USD. The pair bairly broke the low then took out my stop at 1.5045. I didnā€™t shed my bearish bias however and noticed earlier this evening some selling pressure as price was approaching the weekly pivot. I shorted in a low risk area with a stop at 1.5135. Covered 30min into london session at 1.5015, and am deciding to test my zen patience by simply observing for the rest of the week. :cool:

As promised, weekly R-multiples for my trading method (that uses concepts from this thread):

Week 1 2.69
Week 2 0.65
Week 3 1.46

Good luck trading all! Thereā€™s gold in this thread I tells you :smiley:

What day and time do you guys use for the beginning and end of the Previous Week? ā€” Midnight Sunday/Monday, or what?

Are you guys plotting Previous Weekā€™s pivots on your charts?

ICT has mentioned Fibonacciā€™s a couple of times. Are you guys routinely plotting Fibonacci retracement levels?

was looking good, was up 30pips, however that news spike took me out at breakeven, but the smart tool worked well with a great entry, oh well next time

I grabbed the pivots from actionforex.com for Monday as I didnā€™t know what to use either. The rest of the week I have been calculating them myself. Hopefully someone else can help us with that one.

I have only been keeping daily pivots on my chart.

I havenā€™t been using fibs either. I have been trying to keep it simple at this stage. Each day I add SR lines for significant highs/lows on the daily chart for the last two weeks, then add high/low for the previous day as well as any significant turning points from the previous day.

I donā€™t recall ICT saying to use weekly pivots, just daily. He doesnā€™t trade Sunday and uses Fri - Sun midnight NY time for Mondays pivots.

However he did say to setup a chart (workstation?) to keep the last 5-7 days pivots plotted, plus a perpetual hourly chart with each daily pivots logged as a record (more on this later).

No, fibs havenā€™t been fully addressed yet eitherā€¦still more pieces to come :wink:

I found using the asian start to asian start works best for weekly and monthly pivots.
As for Fibā€™s, I found running a PDH to PDL fib can show up a few S&R points but I think ICT uses fibā€™s for confulence with other things such as a pivot or S&R line or pattern, remember there should be at least 3 things lined up to make a trade and a fib from a previous high/low could be one of them.
Wally

Post removed

Thanks, fraserst, Sweet Pip, and Wally.

I will not contribute to this website any longer.

The admins are assuming I am performing ā€œsock puppetingā€. I am not even sure how that is but I will not support this website any further.

I wish you all great success and a bright future. If the admins remove the thread and or this post I hope one or more can spread the word why.

ā€œā€ sent to me:

Reason: Sock Puppeting

Hello InnerCircleTrader,

We have banned FromPipsToRiches as we have noticed it is also under the same IP addresses as TheInnerCircleTrader and your current username, InnerCircleTrader. This is considered sock-puppeting.

Sock-puppeting is the act of creating multiple accounts. A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. A false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person.

Should we find any more accounts under your IP address responding to your own posts/threads, we will ban all your usernames and your IP address as well.""
Thank you,
Ananais
BabyPips.com Forum Moderator

Save yourself the trouble anainisā€¦

I asked nothing from anyone on here and only gave of my time. Perhaps this medium is indeed threatened by ā€œProPipsā€.

Take care.

When you run your numbers each night, draw trendlines over the pivots on the Previous days numbers then delete the horizontal lines or do like I doā€¦ adjust the levels to todayā€™s numbers and its a quick easy routine that creates a valuable reference I will explain next week.

What does draw trendlines over the pivots on the Previous days numbers mean?