What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

No, he’s just quite obviously one of a few savvy individuals on here who actually walks around with his eyes open & can see through all the comical games played by these characters.

It’s exactly the same common sense, quick thinking thought processing that unmasks Avery Horton’s (current username = lucid) activity within a small handful of posts every time he re-surfaces dressed in his next clowns outfit.

The same memory recall that flags up the occasions when used begins following his next guru around the forum like a lap dog, “quoting” & dictating his vague commands left & right.

If it wasn’t so hysterically funny, it would be sad to watch.

These forums are like panning for gold. It’s mostly mud and sand, but sometimes there’s a few nuggets to be found. I hope everyone had a chance to find the gold in THIS thread.

and dancat you’ve only been here since jan2010, right?, didnt take you long to work everything out did it. It makes you wonder what you guys are here for. What is it your here for? are you on a mission from god? And as far as i can tell you shandy and lucid are probably all the same person - atleast you all share the same common intent

Yes, that is indeed one possibility, it cannot be denied. Am I really the “man-in-the-mask”?? Could it be so?? Hmm, makes you wonder doesn’t it…

Ah Mr Used (or whatever your name is) the man of many un-explained contradictions. As you ignored all my previous requests to explain some of your previous posts / contradictions, I’ll choose to ignore you.

Carry on with posting up those perfect 20/20 hindsight trades though fella, they are crackers!!

Try keep your discipline & shape now trav. No need to get all excited :wink:

Exactly what part of savvy individual do you not quite understand?

Just because you & the vast majority on here can’t see the wood for the tree’s doesn’t mean we all fall into that unfortunate category. Some of us are blessed with a bit more nous than others!

Not everyone who passes an odd hour a week casually flipping through internet trading forums is obligated to save the newbie world from self destruction.

That wild flailing comment says more about you than it does about me buster. :slight_smile:

Yeah come on people lets not start condemning someone because they have some computer knowledge, I had the same thing earlier on another thread, as it happened admin removed the posts making all kinds of ridiculous accusations at me that I have other identities etc, just because I mentiond some computer techy stuff, but anyway tcp/ip is a basic computer networking protocol to some of us who have been using computers for years.
In years gone by if all you wanted to do is install and set up a firewall to protect your comnputer you would have to learn about the tcp/ip protocol and several others too, its actually really basic stuff. Even now you still need asome understanding of it to set up a home network, and in the years prior to windows xp, before built in firewalls with automatic settings it was essential to learn some basic networking protocols if you wanted to protect your computer from hackers.

okay, just asking in your opinion or anyone elses opinion what is the chance likelyhood of anyone with knowledge and having the ability of hacking someones IP and being s sock puppet. What it be easy enough if you new what you were doing?

Most of you people couldn’t spot a half decent opportunity if it sat up right in front of you & smacked you in the mouth.

I’ve been on here 2 months & I’ve located 4 threads (3 now dormant) that gives you the basics, the shape & the specifics of a beautiful little strategy, set up & trigger that would keep the vast majority of you intraday gold diggers in clover for as long as you wanted to remain trading the markets.

The beauty of it is, it can also be traded across any instrument class you care to name.
Most of you will have seen the one remaining thread still live & you’ll also have seen the strategy.

But as I said in the first paragraph of this post, you’re too busy looking for the complicated answers to the simple questions.

You are a classic example of why so many of you guys continually struggle & desperately grab a hold of the next guru that happens to fall into your lap.

Your eyes & ears are open but you don’t see or hear anything.

You’re too busy jumping from one flower to the next to even begin cutting out a groove for yourself. Plus you make life way too complicated for yourselves when you do decide to settle on the next flower top.

And around & around you go.
You’re going to be spinning around the wheel this time next year, just as many of you were this time last year.
And you’ll be no further forward.
And [B]that’s[/B] what is sad.

its only the select few who are on a that mission. god bless em.

is tess your boss, and i very much doubt you read any of these fella’s posts - but good on your high and mighty seen it all before approach - thanks for keeping a look out for me

Extremely difficult only a hardcore hacker would be able to hijack someone else’s ip address.
They could easily change their ip address by either using a proxy server or a second internet provider but they could not easily duplicate someone elses ip adddress and pretend to be them.
Having said all that I dont think the sock puppet accusation actually entails duplicating another members ip address or even changing your own ip address I think it just means you have two user accounts with different names and are using them to pretend you are two different people.

No tess isn’t my boss. Again, you’re way off beam & you’re thinking too much!
:slight_smile:

No, God has nothing to with it. I just remember being a newbie, not knowing which way to turn, till I found BP. Being in a community of like minded people, and trying out some of the (clearly explained) systems, and “talking” with others about them in here helped me hugely. Nowadays I usually put up trade related posts on a thread on FF as I’ve pretty much settled on my method of trading now, but still hang out in here sometimes as it’s been a big part of my trading “life”!

However I’ve also been scammed / deceived, and know that there are some major league sharks in this game, who peddle crap, and often in a format that disguises the fact very well - I know the tricks played having looked into Internet Marketing, and once you know what they are, they are pretty easy to spot. Their motives are usually money, but with some others it’s just to disrupt. So if I see what looks to be one of those types, I’ll remember back to the days of being a newbie and being vulnerable to these sharks, and rather than just turning away I’ll say what I think. If I’m wrong then great, that will become apparent, and if I’m not then hopefully it’ll help wake others up to the fact.

End of day we could all just look out for ourselves, but that’s not my view on the world.

well fair enough, who knows, i will leave it there.

i think once you’ve been around and found a method that your happy with you are fair better off not visiting these forums - too much crap. For any second or third year trader, they most probably have learnt what they need the rest is up to them. To have to continually cypher, debate and opioniate all trading material is too much to ask when they are trying to build confidence in their own abilitiies.
I have found i have performed my best in the past when i am not active on the forums - i have known that fact for a while - but i just cant help myself coming back, cause it gets a bit boring waitng for the setup and closing the trades sometime - but more often than not it is just a distration. I have even deleted the website from favorites in the past, but i cant help myself coming back. Anyway i think i will return to earth for a while and give the forums a miss - dancat is right in ways - you get dragged down to levels and you keep spinning around

[B]post #727[/B]

Hey, Mike

They are wrong, precisely because about 8 posts (between post #1 and post #650) have been deleted.

In some cases, it’s impossible to tell what has disappeared.

In 5 cases, Key Teaching Posts were deleted, presumably by ICT (apparently to trash this thread on his way out the door).

In a subsequent post, I will update the list of Key Teaching Posts, with current post numbers, and functioning “permalinks”.

[B]post #746[/B]

May we assume that you are telling us this because you are offering your archive of this thread to other members?

How may we obtain a copy of your archive?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I don’t know what to make of ICT’s reaction to getting caught with multiple user names.

First, he’s quitting. Then, he’s staying. Then, he’s quitting again.

[B]post #696[/B]

[B]post #706[/B]

[B]post #752[/B]

We all have big egos around here, myself included. But, ICT’s leaving/staying/leaving is just petulant. And not very adult.

And what a shame that is! He had a lot to offer this forum, and he provided a lot of valuable knowledge in the 3 weeks that he was here. That’s why I will go through the considerable nuisance of reconstructing the list of ICT’s Key Teaching Posts (what remains of it) — because the teaching contained in those posts is worth salvaging and saving.

Maybe we’ll never understand what prompted ICT to come here, and then to leave in a huff. I would have expected more maturity from a true professional in this business — if that’s what he really is.

On the other hand, maybe things are working out exactly according to ICT’s plan. He was here long enough to attract a small, but loyal, following. And now he has the perfect pretext for leaving — being driven out by abusive moderators.

And the perfect opportunity to advertise his site, as he’s going out the door.

Well, ICT, don’t let the screen-door hit you in the ass.

Ha ha ha ha :smiley:
You are one very smart, enjoyable read! :wink:

ATTENTION

I do not want to be part of your drama so please refrain from referring to me unless it has to do with trading.

He’s also fast approaching 1000 posts.
If ever there was a genuine candidate for recipient of FX Honorary Men title, then Clint is definitely it.

Quantity is one thing. Backing it up consistently with high end quality contributions is very much another.

Early congratulations on your membership upgrade buddy! :cool:

Don’t you have more “indicator donations” to collect someplace??
Run along marketer, your dishwater isn’t required here.