What Every New or Aspiring FX Trader Wants To Know

I believe if you are in London… our Midnight is your 5am.

I thought it was supposed to be 5pm to 5pm EDT ?

Well being in the PST zone and having broker in the EST zone and then having to convert time to GMT in a lot of cases, you can imagine my frustration at times…:eek:.

However, I’'m relieved to say that after putting my pivots on my chart, they matched yours exactly…pheww!

I was going to ask if you used the mid points too…and now I see you do.

:slight_smile:

If you use MT4 at all, demo or live, this indicator might be useful.

You have to tick the “allow dll” box for it to work if I remember correct. And change “show local” to true and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Ghous_Clock v1_2.zip (10.7 KB)

Ya, just a quick glance and the pivots look a lot better, I may have to start using these to trade again :stuck_out_tongue:

I just posted the results of the setup on the initial post…

Did anyone see the Friday High setup the 40 pip short? :rolleyes:

yes i saw that earlier on, but it has made it through now and acting as support i would be personal looking for a long up to r1 as we head into europe

I can’t seem to find you there… I typed in your member name as per above, but it doesn’t come up…what am I doing wrong :confused:

Hello. I just finished reading through this entire thread but failed to learn a couple terms used. Can some explain exactly what pivots are? Also I don’t understand the R1, R2, etc. Please explain for me. Thanks so much.

Hi,
Check out Babypips 8th grade section of their school to learn about them…

Pivot Points: Introduction to Pivot Points for Forex Currency Trading

hey ICT,

in your 15 years trading experience, did you notice a lot of pro traders using pivots, and that is why you now use them a lot? I’ve read in some books that floor traders used to always have the pivots calculated in their head, so I’d imagine a lot of the pros would be using them.

also, how many years did it take before you were making 5%+ per month pretty reliably?

Thanks so much! That was actually my next lesson…just went through it. A couple more questions if you don’t mind. I put my pivot points on my 1 hr chart. I notice it automatically does it all for me? I cant move it anywhere but left and right (time related). So am I right to believe it only reads individual days? If that is correct do I use it on the current day? Do I use it on the previous day to use for future reference? I am confused on this still. Thanks so much.

Thank you o990l6mh!!!
Looks really nice and really functional.

Best regards
:cool:

What chart patterns & candlestick formations do you look for? When you say “at Pivot Points” do you mean for all your trades/entries, or just patterns?

1 Like

I look for Price Patterns like Bullflags, Bearflags, Triangles, Head & Shoulders, Gartley Patterns, Wolfe Waves and a few pet Candle Stick patterns. Nothing top secret… it’s all the same ingredients you all have access to… I just bake it all my way, which may or may not be to everyone’s taste. :wink:

Yes professionals use are atleast or aware of the daily pivots, weekly pivots as well as the monthly pivots.

If I tell you, you will measure your own development against it, and that is not something a trader should do. It can put undue stress and waste your time with what if thinking competing with somebody else. I know traders I worked with who developed faster than I did… and do better than I do.

So it is individual, like I said already… be a free thinker and expect it to take you as long it it takes… [U]you[/U].

ooooo Wolfe Waves…:D. The “real” Wolfe Waves that cost $3k to learn, or the generic ones that are described on other websites like investopedia?

So you look for any one of those patterns on any timeframe, and to complete at or near a pivot point then?

Well folks it doesn’t get any better than today. What did you see in today’s trading that we discussed in several posts yesterday?

There were a few twenty pip trades to choices from and two nice intraday swings to ride and how about that slam-dunk at the 1.5165 level we were all “eyeballing”?

If you calculated your Pivots you will notice the low of the day was right on the money S1… did anyone notice that?

Sunday early session provided the first short for a potential 40 pip slide lower.

Here is how it played out and let me know what you see and or think.

Cable Monday 03_08_10.bmp (603 KB)

I use the Wolfe Waves found in Street Smarts book.

I look for hammers, Long Legged Dojis, and Rail Road and Twizzers on candles at Pivots and or Daily Highs or Lows.

Hi ICT, great thread here.

I don’t seem to be able to join all the pieces…yet.

Could you post a chart of what you mean please?

Also I can’t find you at meetpips.

I don’t understand how you are using daily’s high and low, pivots, and the key levels from monthly, daily, 4hrs, and so on charts.

As far as I understand, you try to short from the day’s high, and long from the day’s low. Am I right?

I know I’m a lot behind the others but these are concepts I don’t use.

Thanks for your time. :wink: