What happend GBP/JPY

Anybody can explain what happend GBP/JPY pair before one and half hour , pls i cant find the reason sudden market change , pls

wow, I was literally just wondering the same thing lol please someone explain that huge breakout that happened

Barnier has hinted at special Brexit deal terms for UK. with so much money in GBP and EUR behind an amicable deal (for business), there had to be a break-through at some stage, always going to bounce the GBP.

2 Likes

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS NEWS ? am a newbee , thanks for helping

forexfactory.com is a very popular site used to track news events, but that Brexit news wont be on there. Bloomberg is a great financial news tv station to watch as well

@sherinmltr, below is a link to one of the better Financial News Sites on the Internet.

https://www.dailyfx.com/calendar

How to use the News Release Calendar (Below)

Change the Timezone to your part of the world and you will have advanced warning of any major and minor News releases.

Hope this will help with your trading…Cheers

GBP/USD Hits 3-Week Highs on Bullish Brexit Chatter
by Matt Weller, CFA, CMT

Last week, we highlighted some encouraging signs from the joint UK-EU press conference, noting that “The EU’s willingness to extend the previous deadline suggests that a mutually acceptable deal may be near, though the Northern Ireland border remains a difficult sticking point” (see “GBP/USD in Rally Mode after EU-UK Brexit Presser” for more). Today’s big Brexit development suggests that we were reading the tea leaves correctly.

Midway through this morning’s US session, Chief EU Negotiator Michel Barnier stated that Europe is “prepared to offer Britain partnership unlike with any other country.” While short on details, this statement could well mark a turning point from the adversarial nature of the negotiations up to now. For his part, UK Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab expressed confidence that a deal was “within our sights,” a sharp improvement from peak “hard Brexit” fears a few weeks ago. With recent headlines suggesting that the window for negotiations could stretch into November, there’s still plenty of issue to hammer out, but both sides appear invested in reaching a mutually agreeable outcome.

Technical View: GBP/USD

Cable is tacking on over 50 pips in the wake of Barnier’s comments to hit 1.3000, its highest level in over three weeks. Though some short-term trend indicators are starting to improve, bulls face a heavy test from the bearish trend line off the May highs, which has capped rates on four separate occasions over the last couple of months. A definitive break above that level, if seen, could expose the late July swing high near 1.3200. Meanwhile, a reversal off that bearish trend line would hint at a move back down to retest the near-term bullish trend line or last week’s support near 1.2800.

Chart Source: TradingView and FOREX.com

1 Like

I looked at the latest forex-relevant news on dailyfx.com. I never do this usually but I wanted to know myself also what was the reason behind the GBP’s big bounce - I had positions open in EUR/GBP and GBP/NZD so his comments cost me some money…

I don’t believe this type of news would be posted on dailyfx or forexfactory. It was probably stated on Bloomberg or some financial tv station. I went with a full on technical analysis approach and it looked to me like it was going to go up at the time, based on my rules. So, I opened a couple of trades on my demo account right before the jump. I guess I lucked up right there