What happened to EUR/USD?

Hello guys, I just want to ask what happened to EUR/USD this morning (Tokyo session).
Is this the spread? And because of the broker or the news of the war (Russian and UK)?
Luckly I was selling. But if I am buyer, will I lose all that spread, or my stoploss will trigger?
Thank you for reading.

Well, you’re lucky to be on the right side, which could be regarded as a Black Swan event. Yes, traders would have been hit by the profit/loss price movement. A S/L would have been no guarantee that it would have been triggered in time.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
In my opinion, I was pretty confident with my tech analysis, so selling at that point was right.
Besides of that, I believe the Usd will rise, because of the war. I know I should not care about fundamental analysis when trading at this small timeframe (4h, 1h…) but well, I don’t expect that the price of eur/usd dropped incredibly fast like this.

EUR/USD has been in a downtrend since the middle of last year. At a very simplistic level, this episode underlines the ancient saying that bad news comes out of downtrends. The moral is, be short in a downtrend, be long in an uptrend.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the gaps? Then surely it’s for the current war between Russian & Ukraine!

1 Like

Yes, I mean the gaps is the spread right? This is the first time I saw this huge gaps suddenly appeared.

We’re watching the first major European war since 1945. This makes holding EUR positions across the weekend or even over-night very high risk.

1 Like

Expected drop to be honest. In times of fear and uncertainty, money floods into save haven currencies and there is none bigger than USD. Check the DXY and you will see an equal and opposite increase.

1 Like

Yeah I understand. I was thinking about holding this position for a few more days, but it seems too risky, so I decided to TP as soon as possible.

Now that a war is going on it is smart to not hold your trades over the weekend, unless you are a long term/swing trader. Meaning your SL is at a point far away from current price.

1 Like

One more question, it’s not relate to this topic. What is the color diff of the news in tradingview? Like red one is big news, and orange and yellow is not important? Thank you guys!

The best way to know what will be in future it’s using several sources of analytic articles and compare