What has been your biggest mistake in trading

What has been your biggest mistakes trading, mine has been over risking, opening many trades and greed…

Impatience…Chasing the market, not waiting for A+ trade setups.

Trade safe.

2 Likes

The biggest single mistake was buying Tepnel Life Sciences, who were (I was convinced) just about to reveal something truly marvellous (which I can’t remember now) so that their share price would go straight up.

The worst strategy I ever used was to keep buying blue chip shares as all the major stock markets fell.

The worst tendency I suffer from is to become over-confident and throw risk management out the window.

Hey ho. I think I’m over these things now.

2 Likes

i think, when i trusted my demo trading skills and went up with a good capital for the first trade and saw everything blow up to my face. well, we all learn at some point. :joy:

3 Likes

Taking a loss because of spot equity fluctuation rather than technical developments.

I believe the biggest mistake in Trading is Greed.
Losing money, wrong speculation, dreadful decisions are all a part of learning. Its an ongoing process that makes you better with time, its uncontrollable. But what can be controlled is the human urge of getting more.

I traded way too big. I made a lot of money. I lost that money, it induced massive levels of fear.
I traded on and off every few months. Every now and then I’d accumulate a small fortune but would inevitably lose it and the cycle repeated.
This slowed down the rate at which I was obtaining screen time

1 Like

Not setting stop losses. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The biggest mistake I made was thinking you need to get a high % return to be profitable.

Using a tight stop loss so smart money can take my money.

1 Like

Lol
That’s happens to almost everybody

smart money taking your dumb money :joy:

not having someone with a 50+ years trading experience grab me by the hand and tell me what to do all my 15+ waking hours every day