What is a realistic percentage gain....?

Correct, leverage replaces cash at the cost of exponentially higher potential of loss, of bad trades, of negative market whipsaws, all depleting available capital.

Realistic return is impossible to quantify. But a valid target would be a percentage sufficient to pay for all costs of living without reducing the account capital.

So if you need £25,000 a year to live on and you have £5,000 of capital you are going to need one hell of a strategy.

1 Like

A realistic percentage gain in trading varies but often falls within the range of 1% to 5% per month, However, it’s crucial to focus on consistent profits and risk mitigation rather than setting arbitrary percentage targets.

I think you could move to real. Since May - If you really make 1% each time when you sit down to trade OR close every month with 5-10% increase, you can safely trade on a live account tomorrow.

I don`t think there is a target one should aim for but I think targeting to average a certain number of pips or points for the day is better.

Before asking “what is a realistic percentage gain”, perhaps you should evaluate the skill level of the trader.