What is the best broker for lowest slippage for News Trading

Hello,

Which broker would you recommend for news trading? During news releases, prices can spike rapidly in any direction, and market volatility is at its peak. I am currently facing significant slippage with my current broker, HFM (formerly HotForex).

I am searching for the best broker with the lowest slippage for news trading.

Interesting question.

Sorry but I can’t provide a definitive answer to which broker have least slippage during news trading.

But let’s explore some related things.

Beginning with the way news releases are traded by large institutions. Prior to important reports most traders flatten out their positions or widen their stops to areas of previous high volume trading.

Next issue is huge imbalance of market orders vs pending orders leading to large slippage.

So what can we do to limit slippage?
Carefully choose what you will trade based on proximity of previous high volume areas.

Be prepared for slippage as it will be unavoidable.

If you experience too much slippage for your liking exit immediately, even if it is for a loss.

In addition to these due to the expected extra slippage and volatility reduce your trade size.

Another strategy is to wait for 15 minutes or so for the market to fully absorb the effect of the news and for liquidity to be restored before deciding to trade.

2 Likes

I tried Today morning AUD Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes and closed in Loss :frowning:

It happened due to broker increased Spread too high + Stop_Level + Slippage.

I am planning to try Canada Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) Today again. Any suggestion?

And what news source is best, I see ForexFactory Calendar, BabyPips News Calendar and Investing.com Calendar have some difference. For example, Investing.com showing Bank of England Governor Bailey Speaks / Monetary Policy Report Hearings as High news but BabyPips and ForexFactory says it Medium news.

Update. Traded Canada Core Consumer Price Index (CPI) but again closed in loss and some Pending orders did not opened.

List of Error capture during news event :

Error 130 : Invalid stops.
Error 136 : Off quotes
Error 4109 : Trade is not allowed
Error 4073 : Cannot refresh history

Have you considered HFM or Exness? I use raw spread account for news traders, very good slippage results so should worth to check I guess

I tried HFM. it have a high slippage. can you tell which broker you use for News Trading?