What is the best session for trading?

Different traders have different timezone. If you are a full time trader, what is the best session you think to open trade ?

If a full time trader; I am comfortable with all of trading sessions! I think, session is a consideration for the part-time trader; not for the full time traders!

1 Like

According to me; the London session because of high volatility!

Kinda a tuff question without content. But time of day is such an overlooked factor when it comes to speculating.

Personally I like the start of the Singapore session for the EURUSD. The asian nations have not much use for either currency. Banks don’t like having open orders from the previous day. Most can’t see this dump but how I see the market I can. With fresh orders to fill once price starts to move that movement “usually” continues for the next couple of hours…

Cons - although generally good liquidity, volatility can be low. One has to use tighter stops, accept lower returns and increased leverage to make a profit. This significately increases costs to trade which then eats away at said made profits. But thats the way it is.

1 Like

For me, the best time of day has always been the overlap period (during the UK afternoon) when both Europe and the US are in their RTH, and transaction volumes are high.

1 Like

For me, economic data and news events create volatility and can potentially change the course of the trend. Sessions for me is a shortcut to not follow the actual market events and just benefitting from more active market participants, yes there will be higher pip movement but those pip movement is based on fundamentals and sentiment of the past market oringial idea if news events or economic data has came out previously. You have to follow the market 24/5 days to be successful IMO.

Any trader that has a specific time period of trading is avoiding the most crucial requirement into becoming a successful trader which is attempting to understand everything about the forex market.

Without understanding the market, you’ll have a slim chance of success.

This is my thoughts, I might have derailed myself from the question but wanted to give another point of view.

London session and morning New York session

I trade mostly on the European trading session and sometimes on the american.

New York session candle h4 my favorite