What is the best trading lesson that you have learnt?

Hey guys! I was wondering throughout your trading lives what would you regard as the greatest lesson? I’d like to hear from you all. :slight_smile:

The exit makes the money, not the entry. And random exits mean random returns.

9 Likes

The ability to do nothing is essential. I don’t have to start a new trade every time after I made an exit. I should wait for the market conditions to become as I want them to be.

9 Likes

Best lesson is that when you don’t honor stops and TP according to your MM plan you are hit badly by the market. Simply sticking to the rules greatly improves your performance

2 Likes

Probably one of the most valuable lessons at least for me it to learn when to say “enough!” Greed can be an awful adviser but unfortunately is an essential part of the lives of most of us. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be more profitable and more successful but we need to learn when “more is less” and “less is more”. Difficult task but not impossible.

6 Likes

Sharing my experience…Try not to be embarrassed that you’re apprehensive about losing cash or your organization. That makes you more traditionalist and keeping in mind that your development is regularly slower, you remain in the amusement, figure out how to benefit from different market wasteful aspects and prevail undeniably, with far less worry, at last.

I concur. It is very much essential to know your limits. Self -restraint is of paramount importance in forex. Any tips for dealing with such situations?

Basically follow your targets and don’t get distracted by the money management plan. Easy to say but hard to do, the importance of these rules comes with experience, lost orders.

One of the best lessons I have learned that do not trade high impacts news if you are not sure about the movement of the price. Just by hear other or reading some online prediction, do not do news trading.

Well, to be honest there is no universal way. I think that the more experience you have the easier you would deal with this. When you sense that you’re about to push off your limits, you can try to back away for a moment and start doing something else which is not related with trading. Just to take a break a bit, clear your head and calm your emotions. Self-discipline is a hard path but not impossible. Like they say - if there is a will, there is a way :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s very true. Experience is the best teacher. If you are determined to discipline yourself then there is no force in the world that can stop you. It is true that trading can get exhausting sometimes. Taking healthy breaks in between is a good idea! :slight_smile:

trading successfully isn’t about how much you can make: it’s about how you learn to manage risk

3 Likes

I completely agree with you, we should know when to exit and how to avoid losses. Because of greed even your profitable trades can turn into bad trades (happened with me in my initial days of trading). So learn how control your greed.

Always trade with a plan in your head, don’t ever be impulsive, because that leads to poor results.

1 Like

After many years of trading i have learnt that never go for huge investments. If you do so than you can suffer from huge loss. You can’t afford this loss and also you can’t recover the huge loss. So, always take a start with smaller investments. Never try to be over smart if you do so than you can’t save yourself from loss.

1 Like

From my experience in the initial days of trading I must advise you to manage your money and risk properly. I learnt that the hard way. Never eschew the importance of risk management.

1 Like

Forex market is the online platform which is to be made for traders. Traders came here to do a trade on that platform. Forex plays a very important role in trading as it gives many opportunities to their traders. It is safe for those who had great knowledge about the market.

1 Like

Many traders read the news. It is a best hobby and it also helps them to know what’s going on. News plays a very important role in trading on the forex market. The market shows huge amount of liquidity when any big news occurs. From this news you might be able to well predict about the market.

Act as if you are no more than a computer, following only the rules it has, and operating for a client, not yourself.

Learning to be a risk manager then a trader. PTJ

Ergo Risk is part of investing/trading but drawing the line in the sand from trade risk and feel good risk.

Da rookie