What is the difference between Bloomberg Terminals and Retail trading?

Just curious what are the pros and cons between the two and how people justify the exorbitant costs between the two? do people with a lot of money quit retail and move on to something else?

Instant execution. No commissions. And a bunch of hoopla to make you think you’re a professional.

Unless Oanda does me dirty, I’ll stick with them to the deal is done.

Please fellow babypips member, try to be careful when giving answers to newbies. If you don’t know the answer try not to mislead.

Nitecop, a bloomberg terminal is different in that it gives you access to the private information network of Bloomberg, with is basically a miriad of financial data that is used in fundamental analysis and asset management. A retail terminal (like metatrader) is basically a technical analysis terminal. If you don’t use fundamentals in your trading, it probably won’t make a difference to you.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

I think we have to pay significantly high amount to obtain Bloomberg terminal unlike retail terminals.

Thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for! I do extremely technical trades so I wasn’t seeing what benefit I had, now assuming i make a lot of money with retail is it advisable to still have lots of money in retail with adjusted large positions or do people move on to some other kind of interface for better safety?

Bro, I know what a Bloomberg terminal is. And if you want to get specific, you missed quite a lot of detail as well.

But I won’t assume such as you and say you don’t know the answer.

Like you, I gave him enough. It’s not worth him exploring any further as it won’t get him any better than what he has at his disposal for free.

1 Like