What is the highest lot is experience traders using?

Ive seen traders in youtube are trading as high as $50 per pip, My question is this. Do high baller traders able to trade that much or even way more as much as $500 a pip? Is possible?

The lot size is only relevant to the risk management rules a trader is following.

It depends upon the size of your account. With experience 0.2 lots (2 mini lots) per $5k of funds.
Until then half that.:wink:

People do make that much?

there are many traders trading $500 per pip and much more, but they’re not trading them against counterparty marketmakers

they’re using genuine brokers and trading at interbank

it’s all about account size

nobody with enough funds to trade $500+ per pip needs to use a counterparty broker, and nobody uses a counterparty broker if they don’t need to

Can you give me examples of companies that are interbank or a article blog that explain what they are and how to join and trade with them? This is just a learning moment :slight_smile:

i didn’t mean just investment companies and financial institutions - retail traders who have enough funds are also using real brokers (such as “Interactive Brokers”) who execute trades for them at interbank, for a commission and without the “broker” ever holding the other side of the trader’s position

that works out far, far cheaper, when trading in size, than paying a spread, and it means your broker’s never trading against you and never has any incentive for you to lose (rather the opposite, if anything)

Interesting, how do traders trade? Do they use mt4, ninja trading or other softwares? Do they handle trading differently compare to us using charts etc?

they definitely don’t use MT4!

(and they don’t use brokers who use MT4)

many use SierraChart or NinjaTrader8, and many still use NinjaTrader7 if they haven’t switched over yet (just as with Windows packages from Microsoft, not everyone uses the most recent), but there are many other packages and softwares, too