What is the meaning of the term trading with real money?

Hi a newbie here I want to know is it possible to trade with fake money ? I thought trading was real money

You can learn about charts, practice trading, try out different strategies etc. using a demo account. This costs nothing to open and if you lose money its not real money, its just demo money.

1 Like

It is more to do with the type of trading account you are using. Some brokers offer traders an option to trade with a demo account and a live account. The fundamental difference is that the former doesn’t require you to make a deposit and the latter you have to make a deposit from personal funds in order to trade.

In Forex, there are two account types one is real or live account and another is demo account. Demo account is funded with fake capital.

demo is important , there is no way to ignore , but any kind of knowledge we take from demo actually not works when trading in a live account.

You use real money in forex trading. :open_mouth: But that makes it all the more important to practice on a demo account first before going live. :thinking: You can try a bunch of brokers and see which one suits you the most. :blush: I’ve had demo accounts with OANDA, FXCM and Forex.com, just in case you wanna check those out. :blush:

A demo account is funded with fake capital so you can trade here using any leverage size.

Hello @Alexchin,

Now that the other members have explained the difference between a demo and live account, you might also want to check out this article by Dr. Pipslow: Demo Vs. Live Trading: 3 Psychological Differences

Thanks,

Pipzilla :coffee: