What is the most significant challenge societies face today?

A disgusting anti-humanist sentiment. Its the sort of mind-set that enables disgraceful abuse of human rights and even physical atrocities. The sort of pessimistic cynical claptrap that blights the minds and lives of young people especially and stunts all their efforts towards improving the human lot and the planet’s lot with it.

You should take a good look at yourself.

I think the most significant challenge that societies face today is the difficulty with money. Yes, pollution and global warming are life threatening as well. But there is not one single family who does not go through stress in daily life because of money. In spite of all efforts of money management in families, the rising rate of inflation is making it more and more difficult for people to have a normal stress-free life and proper savings as well. The biggest stress that parents face is the huge education fees that colleges and universities demand.

A college or university course is a trade like the ones we run. You need to establish the risk:reward ratio. At some times it just doesn’t pay.

A strange thing is that I believe US universities take 4 years to put a student through a degree course. Most of the rest of the world takes 3. If this is true, this might strongly affect the r:r and maybe the decision where to study.

The U.S. has too many men sitting around whining and looking for some kind of savior instead of being the one to stand up and make things happen

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

I think it’s Global warming Increasing drought means that there will be climate refugees moving to greener places, an estimated 70 million of them, Increaingly heavy rainfall causing floods and mudslides, extreme heatwaves that will become unbearable, in fact extreme heat is already happening in places like India and the sahel. Melting polar ice caps causing rising sea levels claiming land from coastal cities. And it looks like the human activities causing global warming are not about to stop anytime soon, yet they continue to bear the brunt of the cousequences.

Hey Rose.
Great question!

Lots of good posts here, thanks.

Yeah, for those who really care about society and how everyone should get along, yes definitely, a worthy subject.

I’ll point out what I really like.
And tell you what I really think.

I definitely second that.

Absolutely.

And for a very specific, short term issue…

And something that should span everything…

Actually, I think (he) had it backwards.
Lack of truth — would explain a lack of trust.

Well, in my mind, any and all answers will always lead back to our Creator.

How can people, society, get along?

There’s only one real answer.

Love one another as you love yourself.

We should all know where that came from. The Creator himself.
Oh, that’s right, He’s the one who created us in the first place. He should know.

I do think we live in a changing world.
The interconnected world wide internet.

How much do we realize what kind of influencing is going on through the screen?

More goodness or bad?

I have a feeling it’s not good (basically lots of evil).

But when I step back and take a look at the big picture of things, life, I see some serious changes.

The internet is changing society.

Humans need human interaction. That has always been.
But nowadays it’s taking a different form. I think it’s called social media.
Sure, it could be a healthy, wholesome, development for us humans, but I can’t help think that it’s not all that good of a thing.

In all honesty, I think evil has gotten the upper hand in that, than goodness.

I’ve been around before the advent of the computer and do know of the differences between what happens when humans interact with each other in a real way than they do in a virtual way. There’s a different dynamic at play when it’s virtual than real. If you think about it, you should know what I’m talking about.

My point is, that the world is changing.
Society is changing.
How we interact is changing.

And I don’t think humans are becoming more loving and accepting towards one another.

I believe we have a real mess on our hands.
But I do believe we have a Creator who has not left us alone.

One of these days we’ll all know the truth. In life, or in death.
Therefore, personally, I am not worried about mankind.
The end of it all will eventually come.
Thank God!

My 2 cents.
Mike

2 Likes

Lots on colleges and univs take the frist 2 years of program to teach you “basics” about a lot of different topics. It’s not until the 3rd year where most of your classes actually relate to the degree you’re after.

Imagine if they just focused on what you actually needed to learn about the type of job you wanted, instead of trying to shape you into knowing a little about a lot.

It’s different when you’re staring somebody in the face, right in front of you. But people don’t know how to do that if there’s a screen between you.

Inferior Men Invading Superior Male Spaces

Burning through natural resources, faster than ever. But the nature always finds a way to restore balance, Whether it’s from a global/ regional pandemic or in form of “Natural disasters (Corrections!!)”

1 Like